Worst game in your opinion?

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 288 comments
Reel%20Fishing%20[U]%20[SLUS-00440]-front.jpg

As the name implies, all you do in this game is catch fish. That's it. Good way to kill countless hours you will never get back. It's a shame they had to come out with a sequel.
I found it to be entertaining :lol:but...
5187B0419ML._SY300_.jpg

Oh I remeber that one. I srsly forgot about that game. Good competitor to the Underground series. Might take the crown from the Hot Pursuit game I mentioned.

Mario Kart 64, Shift 2, Fallout New Vegas, BF Bad Company 1 and 2, and Fuel as the worst games?

The worst game in my opinion is either between Big Rigs or Ride to Hell, but Air Control and that recently made Rambo game are good contenders.

@nk4e @Downhill Dino -- There was a pseudo-sequel to Street Racing Syndicate that became The Fast and the Furious for PS2 (made by Eutechnyx). I thought it was interesting, if fundamentally flawed. It represented both touge and shutokou styles with drifting and highway runs, which was pretty cool.
You guys are way harsh :lol:
I loved FUEL, it's one of my favorite racing games on XB360. I also enjoyed Shift 2 Unleashed and to a lesser extent Hot Pursuit 2010, just not physics/handling in either game. Then there's NFS: The Run, which is outrageously ill-designed but my favorite NFS game since Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2, thanks to the solid handling and great driving roads. If you revisit the game by "stage select" and skip the theatrics as you like (most of the Michael Bay fluff is contained within distinct stages), it's a quality coast-to-coast driving game.

Maybe I'm more accepting of these games because I used to have a habit of collecting any bargain-bin racing titles that looked interesting, so I've played some real stinkers. :) Even cult classics like Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero have rubbish physics compared to something like Shift 2 Unleashed.

Juiced 2 was a really nicely designed, fairly innovative game that had the unfortunate circumstances of coming out after EA had already wrung every cent out of the street racing subgenre with their own nicely designed fairly innovative games with dramatically higher production values.

@nk4e @Downhill Dino -- There was a pseudo-sequel to Street Racing Syndicate that became The Fast and the Furious for PS2 (made by Eutechnyx). I thought it was interesting, if fundamentally flawed. It represented both touge and shutokou styles with drifting and highway runs, which was pretty cool.

The novelty of a Fast and the Furious game wore off after a few hours. I think I gave up on the game when facing the Tea Hairs.

I had Juiced 2 on the PS2. I remember having a Skyline GT-R worth $500k with about >100 wins under its belt.

I loved FUEL, it's one of my favorite racing games on XB360. I also enjoyed Shift 2 Unleashed and to a lesser extent Hot Pursuit 2010, just not physics/handling in either game. Then there's NFS: The Run, which is outrageously ill-designed but my favorite NFS game since Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2, thanks to the solid handling and great driving roads. If you revisit the game by "stage select" and skip the theatrics as you like (most of the Michael Bay fluff is contained within distinct stages), it's a quality coast-to-coast driving game.

Maybe I'm more accepting of these games because I used to have a habit of collecting any bargain-bin racing titles that looked interesting, so I've played some real stinkers. :) Even cult classics like Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero have rubbish physics compared to something like Shift 2 Unleashed.

I loved FUEL too, used to just put on some music and drive for hours, also remember I liked Driving Emotion also.

Definitely not the worst game (because it was pretty solid), but NASCAR '14 was released broken, got patched until it broke even more, then the devs did nothing for French stereotypes but taking their hands off it and abandoning it :dopey:

I notice a pattern that the majority of bad games are some sort of driving or racing.

Apart from the handful of heavy hitters, car games are niche. Most are made on a shoestring.

I notice a pattern that the majority of bad games are some sort of driving or racing. In keeping with this, one of the worst games I played was TDU 2. The story was cringeworthy and the physics were just horrendous.
Worst racing game I have played is SSR2. Crashes every 5-10 minutes

For me Shift 2 is by far the worst game I have played on PS3 and probably the worst game ever.

I simply cannot play this game because of the lag. It is unplayable and have tried 2 times and deleted 2 times. I spent some 30$ I think for this limited edition game what a waste should have gone with nfs hot pursuit instead :banghead:

Tunnel B1 on PS1. I got a used copy of this way back, played it a little and assumed I should go back to it as it would open up or have new levels and whatnot, but nerp. Utterly repetitive, slow gameplay.

I also got the PS2 game Noble Racing on PS3 via the PS Store, as I love Nobles and enjoy checking out obscure driving games, but honestly, it is pretty bad, with no apparent slowdown when you go off-track. That said, I will probably play it through some time :)

Oh a potentially divisive one, Ridge Racer and its various sequels. I never ever got how to play this. I can get other driving games that use a drift mechanic like Outrun Coast to Coast, Vanishing Point, even the slightly frustrating Auto Modellista but RR I never really got, as I alway slowed down too much when I drifted. I just wanted the damn tyres to bite.

It is worth mentioning that the person behind Big Rigs Over The Road Racing, Sergey Titov, is also behind WarZ. That is absolutely crap.

Here is every single detail about why this game's code should go down a toilet:
http://kotaku.com/5969784/the-war-z-mess-every-crazy-detail-we-know-so-far

Now Titov thinks that a new name will change everything. It is now called Infestation: Survivor Stories. It currently enjoys a 6/10 on steam and 1/5 on Metacritic.

Here is more Juicy bits:

http://warzscam.tumblr.com/

Airport Simulator 2014. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS HELL. This video explains what I am talking about

Much as I like Nerd3, a lot of these videos are games he has little interest in and just plays them to do random stuff. Not my cup of tea but it may well be an accomplished game for those with the time and inclination (not me then) :)

I notice a pattern that the majority of bad games are some sort of driving or racing. In keeping with this, one of the worst games I played was TDU 2. The story was cringeworthy and the physics were just horrendous.

I got Test Drive Unlimited 2 because I was extremely bored between semesters. It was entertaining at times and certainly let me kill time, but I absolutely agree that it's the worst game I've ever owned. Here are twelve reasons why (I've had a long time to think about it lol)
  1. Driving was terrible.
  2. "Drifting" was impossible.
  3. Story was dumb.
  4. Some of the car sounds were terrible - except for the Ford GT, which they ruined after an update for no reason.
  5. 3rd and 4th gear (IIRC) on the Lotus Evora were mixed up. Literally mixed up.
  6. Performance tuning was a joke. $300K "power" upgrade on a Veyron would get you maybe 10 horsepower.
  7. Paint shop was annoying and useless.
  8. For a game that was all about letting you cruise with the windows down and the radio on, there was no music.
  9. The game treated cars like accessories or monuments of excess rather than something to be passionate about and love.
  10. Online was crap.
  11. ???
  12. But the biggest thing I hated about it were the characters. I wanted to punch them all in their digital face whenever one of them spoke. I made an effort to wreck everyone during a race when I could.
That game left me frustrated because it could have been something incredible. They had most of the right ideas for it, and if they had just spent more time not making it crap and annoying, I think it could have been something truly special.

But as for the worst game I've played but never owned (thankfully), gotta be Duke Nukem Forever. I had enough after about 30 mins and never touched it again.

But the biggest thing I hated about it were the characters. I wanted to punch them all in their digital face whenever one of them spoke.

This..

But I have to say TDU2 was not the worst game I played, not the best either, it was entertaining at times.

This..

But I have to say TDU2 was not the worst game I played, not the best either, it was entertaining at times.
I quite enjoyed it, driving down to the Pagani Dealership to buy your first Zonda was such an exciting experience!
But TDU was better. Loved the convertible Gallardo on that game.
Plus Hawaii on TDU2 is just a straight port over from the original and the traffic looks much worse than Ibiza

I quite enjoyed it, driving down to the Pagani Dealership to buy your first Zonda was such an exciting experience!
But TDU was better. Loved the convertible Gallardo on that game.
Plus Hawaii on TDU2 is just a straight port over from the original and the traffic looks much worse than Ibiza

Don't get me wrong I certainly enjoyed cruising around, the graphics are ok and the car list is ok, but what 🤬 where they thinking with that storyline. :banghead:

Back