Worst game in your opinion?

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 288 comments
Storylines to me in racing games rarely work. Its rather vague to see the antagonist or other characters because in the race, they are just another A.I in a car

...I was not a fan of NFS Undercover. I believe that the "help the FBI take down criminals" theme is overplayed.
And, oh look, that pretty much the plot for The Crew. I think I'll have to nominate that game as the worst I've played.

I liked TDU2 a lot, though agree the "characters" are extremely irritating, especially the announcer lady, they really could have given her more than 4 intros to the races "Stewart is quarrelling with the moron brothers again" or whatever...zzzz. Great game though, IMHO. How anyone can call this the worst, well they clearly haven't actually played many bad games. I suggest acquainting yourselves with the Angry Video Game Nerd on Youtube.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, you can turn the speech off in TDU2. Bingo.

I suggest acquainting yourselves with the Angry Video Game Nerd on Youtube.
Or you can either watch Angry Joe, Projared, etc. And yeah James has really played a lot of bad games but recently, he has lost the spirit to review games unless he will continue playing bad games on 64bit or 128bit.

Or you can either watch Angry Joe, Projared, etc. And yeah James has really played a lot of bad games but recently, he has lost the spirit to review games unless he will continue playing bad games on 64bit or 128bit.

Yeah I was going to say perhaps he ran out of games, but there must be tons. But I pretty much like all the things James and Mike do, so it's all good.

Well based on the game library that James has, if he's going to review bad games on the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube era, he's going need to start buying games. But for the PS3, X360, Wii era, even though Joe was able to review bad games, there are still some bad games out there.

So far the latest AVGN episode was the 12 Days of ****mas where he reviewed his worst fear, an LJN console.

Found the Need for Speed remake of Hot Pursuit to be one of the worst games I've played. I don't play many games, but the most displeasure came from that one. The graphics were kind of nice, just that the game play was atrocious at best.
DK
I got bored of it after a couple of hours of gameplay. Not being able to customise your car (or even tune it) was another nail in its coffin.
I agree with both of these posts, especially the second one. I will be honest, I can see why people would like the game and I won't judge anybody who disagrees with me. I have played Hot Pursuit and Hot Pursuit 2 and I liked both of those games, but I am sorry, Hot Pursuit 2010 just wasn't for me. I am going to put my reasons why in a spoiler just so I don't upset anybody who really loves the game. :)
I also forgot about this:

70542_front.jpg

:ill:

Oh this was just the worst
Oh. My. Gosh. I remember this game. :ouch: My brother got a 3 pack of PS2 games (All where terrible) back in 2008 and this game came with it. (We later sold them too) I thought of it as a "Ridge Racer wannabe" when I first saw it. If Burnout and Ridge Racer where to team up and make a budget racing game, I have a feeling it would be much like this.

Everything about this game, especially the cars and tracks, struck me as "copyrighted". It's a thousand wonders how I haven't heard of this game having any lawsuits what so ever. I really hated the menu music, it just didn't belong in the game at all in my opinion. :irked: That announcer guy you hear while racing I thought was stupid and also didn't belong in the game ether. I have played games in the past that had people that talked to you as you raced and they were some good games to me, but this wasn't one of them.

I am no expert, but the physics and the AI is what ultimately broke the game. The cars where kind of hard to control and it is easy to spin out in this game. The AI cars crash everywhere on the track and it is hard to avoid them at times. It is as if the cars are too slippery for the AI to drive. While I will admit this game could have some potential, it was NOT worth the case it was packaged in at all. 👎

I have more games I could mention I have played and hated over the years, but I think that is enough rambling for me tonight.

Last edited:
Oh. My. Gosh. I remember this game. :ouch: My brother got a 3 pack of PS2 games (All where terrible) back in 2008 and this game came with it. (We later sold them too) I thought of it as a "Ridge Racer wannabe" when I first saw it. If Burnout and Ridge Racer where to team up and make a budget racing game, I have a feeling it would be much like this.

Rebel Raiders and TT Superbike? I got that 3 pack. I actually enjoyed the Superbike game, it had Isle of Man.

Rebel Raiders and TT Superbike? I got that 3 pack. I actually enjoyed the Superbike game, it had Isle of Man.
Yep that was it. I hated Rebel Raiders too. After playing those two games it kind of ruined my experience for that one since the other two was terrible to me (I was young at the time) and I thought it tried too hard to be like Tourist Trophy. However I can see why someone would like it though and I respect your opinion. It was the better of the 3.

Sometimes I throw DT racer in the PS2 just to ram the AI at max speed in reverse around the oval. :dopey: Never have I hit the sky ceiling with a car before.

Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix

Just thinking about it makes me dizzy, the FOV was all over the place, controls were awful on XBOX, all levels were all dark and the level design was as counter intuitive as it was humanly possible.

From all games I have played, that one was the worst.

DT Racer was bad but DT Carnage was tolerable. With boost drifting and weaponry, that made DT Carnage fun for combat racing.

Worst game....

Hide-n-seek... hated being the seeker. :P

I'd say worst game I've played was, uh.... I don't have any.

Although I do have annoyances with certain games.

For example, in this game:

sega-rally-ps3.jpg

The navigator was absolutely useless!

You're travelling at 120 MPH and the navigator goes "Left medium turn!....... MAYBE" *WHAT!!*

Also the split screen was horrible! I HATE IT when developers think it's a good idea to split the screen vertically... I mean, why?!?! It's a rally game! I can't see upcoming corners!!!

Same thing goes for:

VEG2_PS3_BXart_2D.jpg

Again, why split the screen vertically?! Good game, but the story line wasn't strong.

TT Superbikes is possibly THE best motorcycle game on the market in terms of physics.
It's nice when they actually replicate not being able to go full throttle on a superbike until after 100mph lest you flip it backwards.

Now TT Superbikes 2 was awful. There's no way it was made by the same people because the whole game went to trash. It was like Racing Italiano except with bikes.

Now TT Superbikes 2 was awful. There's no way it was made by the same people because the whole game went to trash. It was like Racing Italiano except with bikes.

Never knew there was a second one. I'll stay clear of that!

Although I do have annoyances with certain games.

For example, in this game:

sega-rally-ps3.jpg

The navigator was absolutely useless!

You're travelling at 120 MPH and the navigator goes "Left medium turn!....... MAYBE" *WHAT!!*

Also the split screen was horrible! I HATE IT when developers think it's a good idea to split the screen vertically... I mean, why?!?! It's a rally game! I can't see upcoming corners!!!

For me, I like this game but I find it infuriating, Why? Because I seem to be kinda bad at it and can't open up stuff, despite considering myself at least OK at driving games :(

For me, I like this game but I find it infuriating, Why? Because I seem to be kinda bad at it and can't open up stuff, despite considering myself at least OK at driving games :(

I find the game easy but that navigator, although comical, just gets to me. I imagine myself in the car, and if I was doing a stage, and my navigator says maybe, he's flying out the car:

10852974_805209919537798_10673060_a.jpg

Most today's mobile games
Call of duty ghosts and advance warfare
Big Rigs Over The Road Racing
ride to hell retribution

and all i see from you guys are way better games then these load of C:censored:. It made me sad that today's video games industry are just a load of s:censored:. God i miss the 2000's and the late 1990's games, these games were much more better.

Last edited:
You think that the modern era games are terrible? Surely you've all forgotten the amazing garbage people put in the past. And I am amazed and astonished that no one has mentioned these fine folk and their terrible games.

Such as this:
1259.jpg

Yep, Phoenix Games. You want bad? Look no further than these f:censored:s (actually, they only published this heap, since it was Kung Fu Games who created this), because we are scraping the bottom of the barrel Now, let me show you why this game is terrible, with one picture:

1386414059_5-star-racing-10.jpg

• Look at them amazing graphics, huh? Thank god I know that PS1 can render better graphics than these, because this is absolute garbage. And this is probably a game that is being played on a emulator...
  • Hum, why do I think that rev counter looks familiar?
Ridge-Racer-Type-4-on-the-Playstation.jpeg

Oh, it's almost a direct rip-off of Ridge Racer Type 4's rev counter! And speaking of games that look prettier...

Ahem, moving on. See those 5 classes of cars on the cover? No difference between all of them. Custom Car Derby, Muscle Machine, it's all the same. All copies of real-life cars, that handle nothing like them. One blob of ugly, poorly rendered cars that don't understeer nor oversteer, talk about unilateral handling... And do you think that Rally Rider class means you'll race in dirt tracks?

Haha, you're funny, of course not. Because that would require effort, you see. And speaking of effort, there was almost none used for this game. Each car class has about 3 or 4 cars to drive, with each class having a whopping TWO tracks to drive in. And since there are no story modes or anything as such, you're stuck with one-off races against an A.I. that's about as good as Gran Turismo's (see what I did there?). And the best part?

After you win, you get one result screen with two simple words at the bottom. "Game Over". And you can't change your player name, so you'll be forever known in game as "Player 1".

For the final nail on the coffin, the best of all parts: after going through a horrendous race with a dull car against equally dull opponents, you can't even save your own "progress" (using the term loosely). Let me say this again:

THERE. IS. NO. SAVE. FEATURE. Yep. One of PS1's last releases and it doesn't even have a save feature. Progress? Hah! Screw progress!

Of course, this isn't even Pheonix worst work. You want to know what that is?

51EK3F8PQBL._SY300_.jpg

:crazy:

I didn't say all Modern games are bad or all 2000's games are good, i meant the fact that a game like the new cod which's the same bulls:censored: every year with different map and re skin guns, Destiny which is basically Halo on ps4, Flappy bird's which is really overrated and something done tons of times, Candy crush is also something done tons of times and they say like it's new type, new genre, nothing seen before...etc of their lies, most mobile games that makes you wait days just to get something simple finished and forces you to buy so you could speed it up. In NFS: no limit you need to pay money for refueling....***** is this bull:censored:? and most today games are half finished like ride to hell, and they're the reason that made almost every single game had microtransaction, just look at GT6 and GTA V!!

Now tell me a good new game, would you please?

Yes I totally agree with you on those old S:censored:y games.

I didn't say all Modern games are bad or all 2000's games are good, i meant the fact that a game like the new cod which's the same bulls:censored: every year with different map and re skin guns, Destiny which is basically Halo on ps4, Flappy bird's which is really overrated and something done tons of times, Candy crush is also something done tons of times and they say like it's new type, new genre, nothing seen before...etc of their lies, most mobile games that makes you wait days just to get something simple finished and forces you to buy so you could speed it up. In NFS: no limit you need to pay money for refueling....***** is this bull:censored:? and most today games are half finished, and they're the reason that made almost every single game had microtransaction, just look at GT6 and GTA V!!

Now tell me a good new game, would you please?

Yes I totally agree with you on those old S:censored:y games.

Good new games? That's easy!

• Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance;
  • Sleeping Dogs;
  • Just Cause (both of them);
  • And a few others I can't quite remember at the moment.
There you go. 👍

Last edited:
Back