Worst you've dealt with online...

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 5,982 comments
Chicane cutting, corner cutting and trying to run me off the road when we are racing karts....KARTS. For god sakes man we are in KARTS.

best one was this guy he persistently said no ramming to everyone, kicked oters from his lobby who were ramming(some of which were not intentional but rather car choice meant they had all horsepower and no turning circle. then he joins my cousins lobby says no ramming then hit my cousin causing him to spin out. then called us chavs because we said your contradicting yourself and that its a game. also i once went in too hot around a corner and took someone out. i waited for him only for him to crash into me as he rejoins and then do it again when i overtook him in the breaking zone

While I admit it's fairly difficult to find a good lobby, I've found several for a while that are fantastic to race in, and try to stay in them as long as the craptastic online system allows (black-screens and lobby-locks).

Shuffle races seem to be one of the best areas to find decent, clean, fun racers. ONly caveat to shuffles is that they don't allow you to pick an HP range, or a tire set. You're stuck with sub 250HP cars and comfort soft tires at present.

To those staying away from Online Racing because of the bad press whingers are giving it, I say don't listen to them. There is a HUGE influx of new players to GT5, who in 3 months will pick up another game and leave. What will be left are the true gamers, the real racers of the community. Things will get better, you just have to stick it out.

I'm getting sick of jumping into lobbies where two or more people are friends and they block the road like a p@&&y so nobody else can pass but their friends. Or they decide to wreck you cause you get around them.:grumpy:👎👎

This is what I experienced multiple times too.

When a guy rammed into me and he called me a A#####. I was literally laughing after that because he rammed me, I didn't ram him :lol:

I cant wait till these selfish idiots are gone, they come in a lobby like we were all waiting for him or as if they are the only ones who matter.

1: kid comes in (sounded to be 16- 18) sees a PSN name he saw on Youtube and starts freakin out. "Oh man I got a race you in that Skyline, the white one, hey host put it on SS7 so I can drag race him. You guys know how to drag race ? Hey Host! whos the host ? Host put it on SS7" We had just got to that track, hadnt even put a lap time up yet.

Seriously, this guy was barking orders at people already in the middle of a conversation about something totally different before ever even entering course. And then wonders why and says "i know" when I told him there are other people here.

2: kid (again sounds to be 16-18ish) listens in for a second or three (how nice), realizes most of us here know about duping so he immediately says "oh hey, cool, if you have any race cars except these ones I want to trade you"... and goes into a list easily ten cars long. He hadnt been in long enough to realize we were explaining the process to someone new, not trading.

If you want to trade, decide the two or three cars you are looking for today (one a day anyway) , if dude wants a car, he'll ask about that car. Dont ask me what Im willing to trade, I dupe cars, I trade them all you moron. If theres a car im looking for of'course I'll ask about it, dont offer some seemingly random car. Look at the car list, its like 1 in 1030 chances that you are going to pick out the one car im looking for.

I cant wait till these kinds of idiots are either gone or get smart, this game will get better with time for sure.

I am yet to get into a race online where everyone isn't just driving about crashing into eachother. This is why I haven't played online for weeks.

I don't know if this counts but everywhere I go, everyone with voice sounds like they're eating their microphone. I don't know what the hell it is but these headsets are practically throwing me off my game. I can't concentrate!

In Trial Mountain once I started first, in the first corner see a pile of cars bumping me out and leaving me last, later somehow I get up back to the pack and I see EVERYONE cutting the chicane!

There can be a douche, but the whole server at the same time?!

RAGEQUIT:ouch:

Some kids just screwing around on Trail Mountain (Or just driving terribly) in their Veyron,s, Minolta's, X1's, ect., I just continued to cruz onto the finish line. I only say this because a Matte Pink Prius finishing ahead of an X1 on the scoreboard is bloody epic.

I'll just leave his PSN here...
ADR_XCLUTCH
Worst driver in GT History.

I know him. He removed me from his PSN a while back. We never actually raced though. Is he really that bad?

Also, worst experience I had, is when I had to race with some 🤬 who used his Veyron as a bulldozer.

I know him. He removed me from his PSN a while back. We never actually raced though. Is he really that bad?

Also, worst experience I had, is when I had to race with some 🤬 who used his Veyron as a bulldozer.

He had to PIT manuver me to win.

In Trial Mountain once I started first, in the first corner see a pile of cars bumping me out and leaving me last, later somehow I get up back to the pack and I see EVERYONE cutting the chicane!

There can be a douche, but the whole server at the same time?!

RAGEQUIT:ouch:

This happened to me before as well. Exact same thing. I caught back up by the tight chicane, only to see everyone cutting it. EVERYONE was going into the grass and avoiding it all together.

So after the race I stated "Where is the fun in cutting the grass?"
To which the hosts reply was, "ARE YOU QUESTIONING HOW I RUN MY ROOM? HOW ABOUT YOU TRY THIS.." and I was booted.

I then sent him a message on PSN saying, "You know I heard John Deere has a new 0 turning radius lawnmower! :D"

His reply, "hey why dont you go **** yourself crybaby"

I dont understand the human race. :indiff:

This happened to me before as well. Exact same thing. I caught back up by the tight chicane, only to see everyone cutting it. EVERYONE was going into the grass and avoiding it all together.

So after the race I stated "Where is the fun in cutting the grass?"
To which the hosts reply was, "ARE YOU QUESTIONING HOW I RUN MY ROOM? HOW ABOUT YOU TRY THIS.." and I was booted.

I then sent him a message on PSN saying, "You know I heard John Deere has a new 0 turning radius lawnmower! :D"

His reply, "hey why dont you go **** yourself crybaby"

I dont understand the human race. :indiff:

Cheat, lie, steal and if anyone objects kick'em in the goonies, what's not to understand:grumpy:

I seem to have the worst online experiences with my fellow Americans, who just happen to be driving ZR1 RMs. They seem to lack the ability to locate their brake, and instead hammer down on the accelerator... as if thinking that if they can go fast enough, they'll vibrate their car's molecules through yours, and pass right through you unscathed... like some kind of automotive Barry Allen. Yeah, no.

🤬
I seem to have the worst online experiences with my fellow Americans, who just happen to be driving ZR1 RMs. They seem to lack the ability to locate their brake, and instead hammer down on the accelerator... as if thinking that if they can go fast enough, they'll vibrate their car's molecules through yours, and pass right through you unscathed... like some kind of automotive Barry Allen. Yeah, no.

Funny you should say that as I look out for american rooms for some of the best racing I've had to date, my biggest problem seems to be with british, pimplefaced soccer hooligans, whereas australians generally kick me right from the beginning just for coming from south africa, lol, go figure:)

Edit: Sorry, just reread this and thought I should clarify something, I don't have a problem with English rooms, had some epic racing in them actually, but many of them seem to be populated with 8 year old banshees screaming at each other about how their:censored:team is going to kick the other:censored:team in the head.

Last edited:
🤬

Funny you should say that as I look out for american rooms for some of the best racing I've had to date, my biggest problem seems to be with british, pimplefaced soccer hooligans, whereas australians generally kick me right from the beginning just for coming from south africa, lol, go figure:)

Edit: Sorry, just reread this and thought I should clarify something, I don't have a problem with English rooms, had some epic racing in them actually, but many of them seem to be populated with 8 year old banshees screaming at each other about how their:censored:team is going to kick the other:censored:team in the head.

Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of great racing experiences with my American brothers and sisters -- and collected a handful of friend invites for future fun -- but when I have a bad one, for some reason, it's some American in a ZR1 RM. They'll find a way to ram you off the course, even if you're behind them. It's uncanny.

Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of great racing experiences with my American brothers and sisters -- and collected a handful of friend invites for future fun -- but when I have a bad one, for some reason, it's some American in a ZR1 RM. They'll find a way to ram you off the course, even if you're behind them. It's uncanny.

Lol, i think it's just people that drive overpowered cars they can't handle as most complaints here seem to be about, Veyrons, ZR1's, Minolta's etc

Didn't Barry Allen die doing that?

Just asking. :lol:

and yes, I know, he died another way entirely... and he didn't really die... I mean, come on, with the endemic greed of the comic book industry, not even the grave is sacred.

I mean... Yasus Christos... they even resurrected the Robin-everyone-hated-to-death, Jason...

Last edited:
PSN: MrHitman, from Germany is kinda dirty I believe. Rams you from behind into grass verges, totally overkills you with way too much hp, luckily he couldn't control that power last night.

I rarely go into random lobbies, though I regularly host my own, or race in a friends lobby. As far as I am concerned, I'm pretty militant when it comes to keeping the peace. If I don't like the look of the way you ar driving you are gone in a heartbeat. If you ruin my race, or that of the others in my room, I instantly jump out and kick. And wobetide (sic) anyone who even attempts to drive the wrong way around the track. Safe to say, the races I race in are clean and fun! 👍

I went into a drift room and some idiots kicked me because I was smarter than them AND a better drifter. :dunce:

Sometimes, I am confused by WTF is goin on in other people's heads.

I also had an idiot come into my drift room with a Formula GT. I then proceeded to get in my X2010 and rammed him until he left.

I've raced on the Nordschleife a couple of times with a guy that constantly uses his Mercedes Touring car as a battering ram. If I can see a faster car coming up behind me, I'll gladly move to the side - you DON'T NEED to knock me out onto the grass!

For the people going the wrong way around the track, and doing road blocks - there's always an option to report it.

>>> PSN Grief report <<<

Last edited:
There is alot of idiots on that thing - no joke. The worst I've had to deal with..well It's hard to say because it seems nearly everytime I go online there's some fool in the wrong car that just wants to be a monumental moron.

Out of all the things I hate about these fools.. the thing I hate most is the ones that drive backwards (the wrong direction of the track) and aim for you to have a head on. I mean come on now.. what is this? It's not demolition derby it's Gran Turismo, there are mature minded people out there like me and many others who just want some clean online track and drift days.

I have a friend, who thinks he is a "good" driver, and he always complains about people bashing him of the track.

Every single time we go online and i am 1st at the 1st turn he crashes into me and says sorry....

He hasn't won a race against me, because he needs the boost to be on to get back to me 👍

:Edit: Sorry, just reread this and thought I should clarify something, I don't have a problem with English rooms, had some epic racing in them actually, but many of them seem to be populated with 8 year old banshees screaming at each other about how their:censored:team is going to kick the other:censored:team in the head.

Yep, correct, football is almost a religion in England and the levels to which supporters will go to defend thier clubs borders on the ridiculous.

It's just a way of life, unfortunately, the violence that comes along with it is also the same.

Doesn't surprise me whatsoever these arguements are carried over to online gaming, they're there in every other aspect of life. 👎

But, if someone from a foreign country was to interrupt their arguement, you can almost guarantee they'll stop threatening to kill each other, and team up against the foreigner. Which to me, perfectly illustrates the mindlessness of these people.

Football is almost a religion in the UK and tbh most violence and scum are involved in it. If you enter a room where they are talking about football you should immediately leave.

Back