Worst You've Dealt With Online...

WHAT HAVE I STARTED!?!

New story. Got kicked from a lobby for being British, and they were Germans. Got my alt account, rejoined, got a Triumph Spitfire out and done a WW2 skirmish with two friends. Kinda stupidly racistly funny but hey, it never said "Germans only" and French, Italians, Swedes and KSA were in the room.

Another story after that. Joined a Nurburgring trackday in my Copen (French blue wheels and body) an drove the track when a guy in a Mazda MX5 (original, right?) came up behind me, slammed my car into the wall and drove off. The kicker is he blamed me because my car wasn't that visible.

IT WAS BRIGHT BLUE AND HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND ME FOR TWO DAMN MINUTES!!!

Well, I'm sure that everyone has seen these Australian lobby hosts who instantly shut out anyone from outside Australia and NZ. Racist.

There's a tonne of them, it's especially bad if you have a UK badge. The chavs, idiots and children give us other Brits a bad reputation.
I'm so appalled at fellow players in the USA that I've just decided to stop going online... that and I have no cars tuned for online. :lol: (Praiano to the rescue! XD)

There's a tonne of them, it's especially bad if you have a UK badge. The chavs, idiots and children give us other Brits a bad reputation.

But not all kids online are bad... you get the very very very rare occasion where they are actually civilized :P

But not all kids online are bad... you get the very very very rare occasion where they are actually civilized :P
The bigger part is not all Brits fall into these categories but not all of the people in them are bad

Well, I'm sure that everyone has seen these Australian lobby hosts who instantly shut out anyone from outside Australia and NZ. Racist.
It's not racism. I'm pretty sure it's nationalism/patriotism or something like that. That's not even the case most of the time. Usually, it's because they are trying to prevent connection problems.

It's not racism. I'm pretty sure it's nationalism/patriotism or something like that. That's not even the case most of the time. Usually, it's because they are trying to prevent connection problems.
That and a lot of the time it's social. Avoids language barriers and makes finding a subject to talk about easier.

Although nationalism/patriotism/racism can occur, it's rare with these types of rooms I guess. Hell, some America only rooms accept if I just keep to myself and don't be an idiot in the room.

Many victims have experienced the Portuguese Cold Wind...

... Many have ragequited, one by one, like dominos, while the rest ragekicked...

... Oh the joy....

:P

(I'm always the only Portuguese guy in the middle of Brits/'Mericans.

So yeah...)

Exactly. It's been mentioned many times those down under have severe connection issues with the rest of the world. Nothing nefarious going on.

You'll find we do that to keep the room lag free as our internet isn't as good as other countries so don't just assume we're racists...

I think the whole racism thing is overblown. Do you realize that at one point, there were arguments over why angel food cake was white, and devil's food cake was black? I seriously overheard that on a radio station Come on!

But, this thread isn't for debating racism 👍.

So they don't want BT/TalkTalk/Virgin Media to lag up their Orcon/Telstar/other AU/NZ ISP connections?

So they don't want BT/TalkTalk/Virgin Media to lag up their Orcon/Telstar/other AU/NZ ISP connections?

It's not an issue with local ISPs, it's to do with interconnect - traversing packets across thousands of miles across multiple transit networks adds signficant latency and often packet-loss.

Most international links - e.g. UK<>US have ample capacity and good interconnects but as you get to some parts of the world, the links are often congested (especially to Aus/NZ) so anything further than neighbouring continents is going produce fairly bad lag.

Well, recently, I've been dealing with the following: Kids driving in the wrong direction with Red Bulls, drivers who fishtail and cause wrecks in the middle of a race, and my personal favorite, players who, after I draft past them or accidentally clip them with my back wheels, rage quit the race.

I was just kicked for using my Muria in a "classic car lobby". Apparently, "classic" means X1s and LMP cars driving the wrong way, crashing into everyone else and kids in them yelling at the top of their lungs...

What has the GT community turned to...

Call of duds, bro.

It screwed up the poor kids' minds.

Joined 1 lobby today. A cote D'azur "cruise"

Basically just a bunch of kids racing around. Couldn't drive. Par example: a kid in an X1 did 1:21.374... Yeah. Brilliant, kid. You're over 20 seconds behind a decent driver and I'm 4 behind in my rocket (no longer Zooey) and you're crashing everywhere.

Another was a guy in a Rocket (copycat!) and couldn't keep me off his tail so resorted to ramming me so I couldn't pass... I did eventually and left him in the dust.

9 laps was too damn much though, so I left and played TDU2

I get that a lot. I find the response "Work it out for yourself" to be a good one but I laughed like an idiot at that

I get that a lot. I find the response "Work it out for yourself" to be a good one but I laughed like an idiot at that
What it was is they were racing probably fully upgraded but not tuned Vipers, and the rear wheels couldn't handle the power. A classic case of "Horsepower = win" syndrome. They know my psn, if any of them act maturely and ask nicely, hell, I'd make a Viper tune for them. The thing is they were nagging, whining, one of them threw the old hacker complaint, and being generally disrupting.

First off: I don't get it, where you find such horrible lobbies!?
Seriously dudes, search with srf off, abs only, decent grammer in lobbytitle, know your "enemies" (by looking who's inside a lobby and with whom you had to deal with in the past etc.) and you will never meet silly kids in Red Bulls on Monaco. ;)
Anyway, I want to share my recent research on how to uncover idiots who join your room to mess it all up (in- or unintentionally, doesn't matter):
However, don't take my advises too serious, although they're evidently gathered (sort of). :P

You have to use the memberlist to discover poor and/or rude drivers.
1. Default (white) racing gear = 85% chance guy can't handle his car and will mess your race up.
2. Ingame nickname and/or psn id is either "The_Stig", "The_Stig(any number)" or something like "M.Schuhmacher", "S.Vettel", "A.Senna" or similar = 95% chance guy will ruin everyone's race who meet him on track.
3. psn id is written in CAPITAL LETTERS, leetspeak (e.g. tH3_5tiG) and/or decorated with "xxX", "XXX", "xXx" etc. = 98% chance he's a fool, minor or both.
4. Guys who exclusively use their Elise 111R '04, in any race - for hours. You should kick them.
5. Worst case scenario occurs when above statements come together in one person who connects to your lobby = 100% chance to take action immediately.

Last edited:
Back