Worst You've Dealt With Online...

I agree, it seems like a null and void challenge to prove something unrelated. Redbull simply stated that there were people blocking him and giving him a hard time. He never said at any point that he's a fantastic driver (though you don't have to be to handle a Shelby on SH tyres), so I don't see the point of the challenge.
I also never called out any person or group in particular. I typed in the chat box that I didn't like the driving standards in that room (which maybe I shouldn't have), so I was going to leave, which should address the room as a whole I'd hope. It appears things may have been misinterpreted and they (Azure's friends) may have a problem with me which I would like to address. @Azure Flare I have sent you a FR on PSN mate. Also, stock everything minus oil change which I already have?

*gets comfy*...

Attachments

• Popcorn.gif
    Popcorn.gif
    884.9 KB · Views: 6
I also never called out any person or group in particular. I typed in the chat box that I didn't like the driving standards in that room (which maybe I shouldn't have), so I was going to leave, which should address the room as a whole I'd hope. It appears things may have been misinterpreted and they (Azure's friends) may have a problem with me which I would like to address. @Azure Flare I have sent you a FR on PSN mate. Also, stock everything minus oil change which I already have?
Just had a quick drive of the Shelby. Stock at least, it's easy as pie.

@Jaywalker - :lol:

I believe a more challenging duel would be a stock Yellowbird on comfort hards at the Ring trying to beat an 8:20 lap time. :scared:

8:20 is completely possible as I went 10 seconds quicker. :P

I believe a more challenging duel would be a stock Yellowbird on comfort hards at the Ring trying to beat an 8:20 lap time. :scared:

8:20 is completely possible as I went 10 seconds quicker. :P
I thought it's time was something like 8:05? I seem to remember the Megane only being 2 seconds behind.

I thought it's time was something like 8:05? I seem to remember the Megane only being 2 seconds behind.
Didn't know the actual time. :P

8:20 is a safe number for the duel as it gives the guys some room to play it safe on the comforts but not much. ;)

I'd refer you to my text wedge on post #1460. I had the same problem with Derrick when we switched to the Tuscans. It was fine him blocking me in the Mazda because he'd spin out on every corner anyway, but in the Tuscan Race Cars which were ridiculously easy to handle, he could block me all he liked, changing his line constantly. Wish I'd simply punted him off-track.
It felt strange reading this as Derrick is my name, and this is the first instance that I've seen it spelled the same as well as the fact that I would never intentionally block or crash myself doing so. This imposter Derrick should be ashamed. Yeah, I know it's not his real name. lol

It felt strange reading this as Derrick is my name, and this is the first instance that I've seen it spelled the same as well as the fact that I would never intentionally block or crash myself doing so. This imposter Derrick should be ashamed. Yeah, I know it's not his real name. lol
Odd. I've never seen it spelt any different. Frankly the guy was a troll, knew he hadn't a chance but was finding inventive ways of trying to dull his loss.

I found that generally for the first few months everyone online seemed very friendly and actually moved out of your way if you were going faster than them (quite the change from GT5!) But I'm guessing some 12 year olds asked for this for Christmas or waited a while for a drop in price because recently there seems to be more and more people joining lobbies that are absolute *insert expletive here*'s. Or maybe it's because it just took them this long to defeat the licence to get online :lol: But I swear before the new year especially, I never had any problems with people online!

Would you guys consider not giving a car an oil change as power limiting?
Not really.

Anyway, joined a room at Ascari.

My god it seems I found a craphouse.

• Everybody cutting the track then claiming superiority because they're "Faster" as they cut the track to get ahead
  • People in "Vtec yooooooo" Hondas trying to drag race my Countach
  • People in over-tuned F430s trying to race my Countach
  • An AFK host who didn't kick anyone
  • Laggers. What makes it worse is the fact voice chat was on. Speaking of which...
  • Idiots on voice chat talking about "the new cars on GTA V" or "Their 1200bhp 599s" (yeah... Right...)
  • The sausage-waving contest of fastest lap with cut tracks
  • A guy typing constantly in awful French to an Italian ("Je est un personne vrai bien"- Or as it should be, "Je Suis Trop Stupid")
  • Guys arguing that either Hamilton or Rosberg are the greatest driver (neither. Senna, Schumacher, Loeb, Fangio, Prost, Lauda, Hunt, McNish, hell... Even Vettel are much better)
  • People asking for opinions on their awful cars then trying to ram me because they hate the answers
  • Genetically awful rap/dubstep/rave/pop music over the headsets. A good reason to have nice turned off. I'd have Daft Punk then...
  • A guy arguing with me that Daft Punk pale in comparison with Skrillex... Wow. The levels of stupidity are off the scale
  • A guy "Trolling me" by saying he likes Ferraris. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn.
I finally ended up losing the will to live and went from Playschool to The Grid. TRON: Evolution over idiots any day.

Not really sure. Depends on context. Why?
This guy hosting a no power limiting stock car room, who I've encountered twice, wouldn't let me race unless my car had an oil change. I asked why and he said that it's considered power limiting.

This guy hosting a no power limiting stock car room, who I've encountered twice, wouldn't let me race unless my car had an oil change. I asked why and he said that it's considered power limiting.
Well that's a load of crap. An oil change has the same effect as any tuning part. Power and torque increase. I guess it gives you a tiny, minute, minuscule, unnoticeable advantage, in that, in PP races most people use as few tuning parts as they can, to reduce the torque-to-power-ratio which basically means they can have more power at the same PP, despite no change in weight.

It's the most pedantic difference though...

joined a room at Ascari.
My god it seems I found a craphouse.

-Herein lies a list of many woes.

I finally ended up losing the will to live and went from Playschool to The Grid. TRON: Evolution over idiots any day.
We all feel your pain when these kinds of people put their pounding techno and rap on over the mic. I listen to heavy metal rock music which is even further at the other end of the spectrum xD. The mute button is a thankful addition. I do hate Skrillex, but I must say, in my opinion, they did one good song. And that's because KoRn did most of it :D

Voice chat's almost always a bad thing in public lobbies. Mine doesn't work very well, either, so I can't tell them to shut up without typing it. I'm lazy.

Last edited:
the good snip lollipop

To be honest, Skrillex is ok. Some of his stuff is better than others. I mean his 2 Korn songs are good, and I am fond of a few of his other stuff. But... Daft Punk though.

And I'm very lazy too. I hate typing which is why I want to invest in a cheap USB keyboard to type

To be honest, Skrillex is ok. Some of his stuff is better than others. I mean his 2 Korn songs are good, and I am fond of a few of his other stuff. But... Daft Punk though.

And I'm very lazy too. I hate typing which is why I want to invest in a cheap USB keyboard to type
Chaos Lives in Everything's alright. Narcissistic Cannibal though, I love it. Surprising considering The genre. I've never really been interested in Daft Punk though. KoRn's Dubby wubby album is the closest I venture to that sort of electronic stuff.

I've got one of those PS3 keyboards built for tiny people with tiny fingers. Has served me well though. It does allow me to insult people Like Derrick and Basil with speed!

A challenge would be fully modified Group-C cars with no ABS (Obviously no other aids) Racing Hards, fully manual clutch, most of which have over 1000bhp at less than 900kg around Matterhorn.

I dare you to try and beat my 1:16.968 (old record 4 months ago)

Ok, sorry, this was GT5... I was in a lobby and I forgot what a did... I think I told some guy to please stop swearing since it bothers me. He was using all capitals when writing. He told me something like, Did I get your panties in a bunch? If that wasn't offensive enough, he dropped the F I think and he told me to grow a pair... So yea, that stuff hurt. After that I just left and then talked to my friend in another lobby...

A challenge would be fully modified Group-C cars with no ABS (Obviously no other aids) Racing Hards, fully manual clutch, most of which have over 1000bhp at less than 900kg around Matterhorn.

I dare you to try and beat my 1:16.968 (old record 4 months ago)

Racing Hard? Psssh. Comfort Hard is the tire of challenge.

Also, is anyone else Grief Reporting dirty racers? 💡

When people try and tell you what to do in a 'free run' room with no specific activity in the title. Some days I feel like cruising, some dirty racing (in dirty rooms only), some drifting and so on. If I feel like doing something, I do it till it's all out of my system. I would be going around a track for a while, then someone would say "Aren't you bored ? Why are you just going around the track ?" WTF ... My favorite activity is drifting so I could drift 1-2 hours straight no problem, then I get a noob complaining about me drifting for that long. OMG :banghead: What is it to you how long I drift for, 5 min drift or 24hr drift,:mad: WTH is it to you. Just because the only thing you do is drag race a Vayron with RS tires, and most likely can't do anything else because you suck at driving in the game, doesn't mean you complain like a little girl. I admit sometimes I can hit someone by mistake, then I always apologies, but it happens like once an hour. That's kind of good IMO for a free run room with people doing all sorts of things around you, because I'm careful.

Last edited:
Description of those who don't understand the art of NOT driving a Veyon
Funny you should mention, reminds me of a Free Run room I joined on GT5. Nurburgring. Few people at first corner on the run-off, looking at each other's cars, few people time trialling their cars.

One guy, we'll call him Jimbob, was in a Gallardo, RS tyres, fully tuned. All very well, right? Wrong. He was drifting... the first corner... backwards... repeatedly. Only the first corner. After the 3rd time he got in my way on a hot lap, I asked him "why are you only drifting that corner?" Jimbob replies "it's the only one I can drift" I replied "It's the only one you've tried to drift in the last hour." He replied "yea spose so" then carried on drifting the first corner backwards only. Some people.

Thing is most skidders go the right way around for a start. And they know they're slower around the track than the hot lappers so they have the common decency to get out of the way of the people who are trying to set a lap. Not Jimbob.

Funny little story, I was doing the Mount Panorama seasonal race again in my Vision GT Mercedes and enjoying myself as I overtake each of the rabbit AI when suddenly; one of those rabbits decided to get aggressive. A Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 behind me rammed me off the final corner of the track.

Funny little story, I was doing the Mount Panorama seasonal race again in my Vision GT Mercedes and enjoying myself as I overtake each of the rabbit AI when suddenly; one of those rabbits decided to get aggressive. A Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 behind me rammed me off the final corner of the track.
now even bob rams :lol:

now even bob rams :lol:
Yup. :D

Also, I guess I really should know better by now that "track day" lobbies don't always mean that and can mean annoying, little kids the scream on their mics and drive all over the track. The track was Indy and I tried out my Ferrari California for the first time and immediately get followed by a stupid kid that attempted to ram me whenever he got close. By the time they all decided to pull out Chevy El Caminos to ram each other with, I left immediately.

Today's stupidest thing online.

Crashing. And not the car sort.

Joined a room, Captain TNT joined later on. I went to change the setup for my Fiat 500 and the game crashes. Forced to restart, forced to sit through the corrupt data thing, get back on the game and go to join the room as it was an ok room. Full. Damn.

Wait 5 minutes and rejoin. Get out on track, Captain TNT gets DC'd and goes offline.

Damn PD's servers.

Back