Worst You've Dealt With Online...

More damage? I lost my whole save for Fallout 3 (over 2 years worth) because I skipped it just this week. So, yeah, I'm not gonna skip it.

Now, latest story.

In a cops room, one of the cops gave a guy a ticket for speeding.

I go to leave the pits, see him and the other cop (host) racing past wheel to wheel. I get through the first corner and am at 70mph, they speed off.

I call his hypocrisy out and get something very close to the following.
"Pursuing someone"
"Two of you going the same way?"
"It's pointless for me to go the other way"
"It's not. You can cut off the racer. By the way, who is it?"
"It's (name redacted), he's left" (easy answer but I know what car he was in)
"He was in a Mercedes A160 Avant Garde. Doesn't need 2 pace cars, does it?"
"He had nos"
"500bhp tops. Still doesn't need two of you..."
The host then 'explained' why he wouldn't race his cop... "He has 200bhp less, it would be pointless" not really... My 345bhp Rocket would knock both Pacecars flat on their bumpers.
I then asked again, why 2 Nissan GTRs needed to catch a Mercedes A160 with a temporary 500bhp (most likely less on reflection) and the host said
"Yeah you can shut up or you'll follow (name of kicked player) out the door"
"Yeah or you can admit you were racing, rather than "threatening" (note: it was a fairly weak threat. I could easily find another cop server... Or change game. Either really) me..."
Host responded with "WFT LOL highlight of the lobby"
"Oh yeah the hypocritical host and his mindless sidekick (no, I wasn't very nice... But I really don't care.)"

I was eventually kicked after the mindless side-kick (promoted to mindless host) hit my car at the chicane going on the wrong side, and I span round after he passed.

I cannot see how that is possible, all it does is check if the filesystem is still intact, it does not delete or retrieve saved games for you, something else must of went wrong unrelated to skipping the disk check, because that is all is is, a disk check, and yes, imo, doing a disk check everytime your ps3 freezes is doing more damage then good, it diagnose your hdd which means a lot of reading and moving of information.

On a more on topic note, how do you find so many bad rooms? It is my opinion, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you must either be the most unlucky person in the history of online gaming, or you go around looking for trouble in rooms, look to start petty arguments and just be an all round douche.

Judging by most of the problems I see you have online, maybe it is actually you that is the problem in the room? Just in your last post you mentioned you called someone out that had nothing to do with you at all and then have the audacity to go around using words like "hypocrisy". To me you come across on the forums as one of those know-it all types that actually enjoy getting on others nerves and starting trouble in lobbies, but hey, I could be wrong...

Last edited:
I hear he joins international lobbies, not just ones from his region.
This.

I generally join cops rooms in London or Cote D'Azur, which are kind of awful. Join one and see for yourself.

And the point about me getting involved in things that I shouldn't? It's rare. I just leave it normally, but hey, if that cop would be on his high-horse...

And as for "Enjoy getting on people's nerves", that depends on the person, and what they're doing in the lobby. So if a guy is ramming into my car in his Veyron I will, but if he's just cruising around, not bothering me, I don't talk to him.

I was online in a cruise lobby today in my bright pink Subaru WRX STi Rally car( the old Race Mod from GT5).The host was going on about how his Nissan GTR "can have 2000 hp with NOS" . He then starts on at me "you're a f**" as soon as he sees my car and the fact that I was setting the fastest times . Next thing I know, everyone is trying to ram into my car. I respond to the host "yeah, you're correct about that, shame about being wrong about everything else you were going on about." A moment later: You have been kicked.:banghead: It was annoying because that was the first lobby I had actually been able to join, but it's probably better that I was kicked but a bunch of homophobic -year olds than have me stay and totally freak out at them.

I was online in a cruise lobby today in my bright pink Subaru WRX STi Rally car( the old Race Mod from GT5).The host was going on about how his Nissan GTR "can have 2000 hp with NOS" . He then starts on at me "you're a f**" as soon as he sees my car and the fact that I was setting the fastest times . Next thing I know, everyone is trying to ram into my car. I respond to the host "yeah, you're correct about that, shame about being wrong about everything else you were going on about." A moment later: You have been kicked.:banghead: It was annoying because that was the first lobby I had actually been able to join, but it's probably better that I was kicked but a bunch of homophobic -year olds than have me stay and totally freak out at them.

And which track was it?

Willow Springs International

qYUhJSF.gif

:P

GT-Rs can only get up to about a thousand horsepower fully tuned in GT6, right? Nitrous oxide gives about another 500. So, in total, about 1,500 HP. Not 2,000.

So I decided to make a lobby today. I rarely go online, hell, I rarely play GT6 anymore, but I decided I'd get back into it because I can play with my boyfriend now. Mind you i'm just in it for the joy of driving, so I mostly join free run lobbies to drive a couple of laps on the 'Ring.

Anyways. Made the title "Free run, no Red Bull fan cars.", which was all I could fit into the little box. Set it on the 'Ring and started driving around, and after half an hour or so, people started to join. People liked how I moderated it. Just driving and chatting, no BS. Got a compliment here even though I don't know what the hell i'm doing. :lol:

Everything is swell and fun, kick out a few of those "dragster" kids who kept ignoring my warnings, until these two guys join the lobby. Driving into the wrong direction. "First strike, guys. Don't drive the wrong way. And no drag racing.". Keep checking what they're doing... "Guys, i'm serious. I'll kick you both.". Both drive the straight ignoring my warnings. Both booted.

Couple minutes later I get a message from one of them. "We weren't doing anything wrong you idiot. You should have put no reverse in the description, bleeping cockblocker" or something along those lines. Made a nice little reply telling them I've warned them and that there's enough drag racing lobbies out there. Or hey, they could make their own!

Didn't get anything back, but I'd like to think I shut him up. I know, it's not as wild as the other stories here, but I guess i'm part of it now! I have experienced bad online play!

Crossing that off the list... :dopey:

I encountered some hillbilly's online and they thought i was a threat to them, probably because i was smoking during a race, i had been playing a lot of f1 2010 so i improved big time, and one of the the lacky's decided to ram me, or something close to that, and so i called him out. Lets say it didnt end well. So they decided to gang up and these people beyond illiterate. It's why i am really picky about my rooms now.

Pretty easy to find half decent rooms by turning srf filter and staying out of cruise and cop lobbies. You're not going to find many adults in those rooms. That and I will only race certain cars, so I don't go into rooms with many idiots as I k ow what to expect. NASCAR rooms are usually a waste of time. Fun for maybe one race if people are tolerable/clean. Then it gets boring. I stick to Lotus 97T, LMP, GT2&3 and ive been workijg on a gt500 car lately. Faster cars with aids off thin out the idiots rather quickly. If they're going to be a jerk or troll, they're going to get left in the dust from turn one and they'll quit out.

Best thing to do is friend request people who are quality, clean racers that you come across. You'll be able to find them because you're on each others friends lists and birds of a feather, flock together. Chances are, he races with other clean/quality drivers. I race with some guys more or less every night that I found due to the lotus. Weider and many other guys...it forced me to figure gt6 tuning out and suddenly things were fun, because I could compete for wins. They helped me with my initial tune and just decent all around people to race and chat with. The good eggs in the GT community will always be down to give advice and race well/clean.

It's like any other console game, there will be people who ruin fun. But there is always a plethora of rooms open. This is why more friends helps. Much easier to find good racing. Otherwise, you never know what you're going to get in a lobby.

Pretty easy to find half decent rooms by turning srf filter and staying out of cruise and cop lobbies. You're not going to find many adults in those rooms. That and I will only race certain cars, so I don't go into rooms with many idiots as I k ow what to expect. NASCAR rooms are usually a waste of time. Fun for maybe one race if people are tolerable/clean. Then it gets boring. I stick to Lotus 97T, LMP, GT2&3 and ive been workijg on a gt500 car lately. Faster cars with aids off thin out the idiots rather quickly. If they're going to be a jerk or troll, they're going to get left in the dust from turn one and they'll quit out.

Best thing to do is friend request people who are quality, clean racers that you come across. You'll be able to find them because you're on each others friends lists and birds of a feather, flock together. Chances are, he races with other clean/quality drivers. I race with some guys more or less every night that I found due to the lotus. Weider and many other guys...it forced me to figure gt6 tuning out and suddenly things were fun, because I could compete for wins. They helped me with my initial tune and just decent all around people to race and chat with. The good eggs in the GT community will always be down to give advice and race well/clean.

It's like any other console game, there will be people who ruin fun. But there is always a plethora of rooms open. This is why more friends helps. Much easier to find good racing. Otherwise, you never know what you're going to get in a lobby.
Very well said. :cheers:

Good thing about gt6 is you find less brats who try to ram you, cuss at you, and just be overall immature than you will on Forza. There are hardly any decent lobbies on Forza. You'll still have your bad experiences with Gran Turismo but in my experience it's not nearly as common

I'm afraid to call myself a drifter anymore. It seems the drift community has more than it's fair share of jerks.

Someone called me a "stupid ****" for not driving backwards in a drift lobby (I was the first one on track, so it's not like I had any clue).

It seems they started a drift trial lobby and then forced everyone to drive backwards because they "weren't drifting for points"... Sorry for using the room as you set it up... :odd:

I'm afraid to call myself a drifter anymore. It seems the drift community has more than it's fair share of jerks.

Someone called me a "stupid ****" for not driving backwards in a drift lobby (I was the first one on track, so it's not like I had any clue).

It seems they started a drift trial lobby and then forced everyone to drive backwards because they "weren't drifting for points"... Sorry for using the room as you set it up... :odd:
As much as I want to say a few bad eggs don't spoil the bunch, the saying one bad apple spoils the bunch will fit more.

I was in a learn to drift lobby (joining my friend, nothing abnormal) and after 15 minutes or so, the host asked my friend for his name, lets call him bob shall we? So bob was chatting with the host in a pink FXX when they stated that their name was "Zoe" which was funny seeing as they were talking about choe sounding like there girlfriends name.

When me and a few others realised they were trolling bob, one of the others in the room posted in the chat: "Be careful who you deal with online, some people aren't who they seem." immediately after he left which was alarming to the rest of us. A few more people started "leaving" after that for no apparent reason.

I was a bit more cautious with what I said after that however me and bob started chatting about things that made no sense and I posted "#ItsAllLies" to which the host told me to **** off and gave me the boot.

Last edited:
The worst I've dealt with as of yet is a lobby I was in this morning that my friend set up. We were doing a bit of drifting practice and everything was going alright. There was only one crack driving his X2011 about but he was kicked out in good time. It was all good until my friend ran out of time and had to leave, leaving the room's idiot as the owner. Immediately he changed the regulations around and changed the title to "D1 tandem (PRO)". Abuse was spouted and I essentially rage-quit.

I'm not having that from a JDM-drifting, trolling little 🤬.

There's also been times where I've been in points rooms and seen those horrible parasites tandem drifting BACKWARDS into my way and ruining my run. Even worse, I've had some s:censored:s try to force a tandem drifting run on me, distracting me and well and truly :censored:ing me off.

EDIT: Just been in a dirty NASCAR room and got kicked out for trying to re-enter the pits.

Last edited:
Long story/rant. Contains a couple of derogatory quotes. I do apologise in advance, but how others behave is not in my control.

I'm sorry, but I find points drifters to be appauling. They have no idea how to drift, and they forget what drifting is about..... FUN!
I also hate drifters who set lap times and try to compete using CS and other higher tier tyres.

Today I joined a drift lobby on Deep Forest Raceway. There were only a couple drifters in the room, pulled out my C2 Split-Window racer, settings sheet B and came up with a tune that was rather good. A little twitchy but good.

I join the free run session, first corner, pop it into 3rd, a little flick side to side and accidental reverse entry. I keep drifting the course loving the car, loving the corners, using nothing but my throttle and gears.

I come up to the last corner, F&F Supra comes up on the inside racing line and I panic break and pop it into 1st causing me to spin.

I say the mandatory 'mb' (my bad) and continue. He - let's call him Timmy - says 'lol np.' I initiate my drift going uphill on the straightaway and Timmy takes off.

I manage to ease off the wheelspin and catch up. First corner comes, I overtake Timmy and do a reverse entry with my front bumper inches from his - I practice a lot using the gear-only technique - pop it into 2nd then 3rd and save the drift.

Timmy takes the inside racing line and takes off. I immediately notice that he is not smoking any tyres. I mind my own business and continue to drift.

At this point, Jimmy in his Silvia S15 with CS tyres squeals past. No worries.

Long left banking corner comes up and I take a nice wide angle. Timmy and Jimmy are now racing each other. Timmy hits me, and drives off setting a lap time.

I go to the pits, exit and check the driver's tyre choice. Sure enough, Timmy has RS in the front and RH in the back. WTF!

I then state that these two 'drifters' aren't actual drifters and another player in the lobby backs me up on this. I said 'it's not about lap times.' No response.

Host decides to change tracks to Cape Ring. I recommended Streets of Willow as it offers a lot of freedom to the drivers. The host says he'll do it next.

Timmy and Jimmy are now defending each other when I called them out about racing and not getting any angle.

Jimmy said 'that's not how the game works'

wat-meme.jpg

A 🤬 14 year old wanna-be hoon trying to teach me what drifting is.

'What you call angle is lack of grip in the front'
'What would I want angle for when I'm trying to get the fastest drift lap?'

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

The host didn't want in on this and told us we're acting 'childish AF*'

I calmed down a bit and tried to drift Cape Ring. I realised I had lost my touch in the C2 which pissed me off even more.

Timmy starts talking smack about my angle in the first corner. And pointed out my lack of a lap record and inabiliy to beat his record.

'U s uck dude.'
'Y r u so bad oh ur canadian'
'Y does urcar have stickers on it'

*It has the number 22 all over. Why? Because Race Car*
wat-meme.jpg

'canadians good at nthng bt smking crack'

AHA. Rob Ford joke..... how original.

Jimmy chimed in, 'What, Canadians smoke crack? Lol'

Timmy chimes in 'ur a faggot'.

Ooh..... burn.... an illiterate 12 year old prick who learned some derogatory terms.

I don't respond. Some time passes and the host pulls out an M3. Bob, who backed me up earlier, shares his adoration for Bimmers with the host.

Timmy chimes in 'Tht cars rlly good at drifting'

I snapped,

'How would you know?'
'You were in RS tyres five minutes ago.'

Timmy pulls out to the pits leaves the track and comes back a minute later.

I pull out to the pits and got to the lobby menu. I enter the Watch Race option and warch Timmy.

'Using RS tyres again, I see'
'Trying to 'teach me a lesson' in drifting'

Timmy's comeback 'Go to another room you weirdo'

'Sod off you little prick! You're a disgrace to the drifting community'

'You and that other moppet who drifts for lap times! Piss off!

At this point I rage quit. If only I had @legacyMACHINE with me. We would've made quite a team.

Last edited:
I would've told him Deadmau5 is Canadian

Of course, he could not like deadmau5

In which case I'd just be offended...

But yeah, the story is more a reason to set up your own lobby for drifting because you could kick him out easily. I say this but never open my own lobbies for cruising... Too much hate mail for my tastes

Editorium: And don't worry, every nation gets stereotypes. Germans get lumbered with the Iron Cross image, French with surrendering and British with tea and rain.

Did have one guy say he hated all British people including Steven Fry...

He said he didnt like Steven Fry, which was the last straw. I threw my tea in his face, got a Corgi to scran his bangers and mash, waved tootle-pip to the queen's guards, hopped into my Jaguar in to the RAF base, got in a Lancaster bomber, flew over the Napoleon Monument and white cliffs of Dover along with a couple of Spitfires flew by Ace and Ginger, drop kicked a German, liberated France (again), went to India for more tea-leaves, had them made in labour camp conditions into tea bags, boiled the kettle on the stove whilst flying back, landed, got a routemaster bus out of London whilst the all the MPs were cheering me whilst they smoked pipes, drove along a small country road whilst a little old lady ate a scone, got off near a red telephone box, strolled in the park on a delightful afternoon, good sir, found the man and threw more tea in his Yankee face then complained about the ruddy rain.

TALLY BLOODY HO!

Last edited:
It pains me to say it but I think I maybe the only Brit to set any kind of tyre restriction when setting up an online lobby, whenever I search through local UK lobbies they all have no tyre restrictions at all so I'll set up my own (usually titled "NoConcept/RaceCars SH+ABS ONLY") but predictably no one ever joins, I've pretty much given up with gt6 online now. :(

Last edited:
I'm in a trackday and shenanigans lobby as I type this, and some idiot in a Honda S2000 went the wrong way and rammed me. He turned around when I crossed the start/finish line, went the wrong way. Then after our cars made contact, he turned around to go the right way. I probably shouldn't have, but I paid him back with a hard T-bone.

I'm in a trackday and shenanigans lobby as I type this, and some idiot in a Honda S2000 went the wrong way and rammed me. He turned around when I crossed the start/finish line, went the wrong way. Then after our cars made contact, he turned around to go the right way. I probably shouldn't have, but I paid him back with a hard T-bone.
Oh don't worry. Revenge ramming is better than spontaneous ramming.

Latest Posts

Back