Worst You've Dealt With Online...

Current annoyances

• Engine sound dropping at random points, in fact all car sound dropping. Tyre screeching, transmission whine, engine note all vanish then reappear whenever they want to.
  • Connection dropping out a lot more than before
  • No cockpit view in my cars (MP4-12c, Megane Trophy, Z8...)
The ones not caused by PD

• People complaining when I get a 97T out in a free run lobby, at Sierra. I'm not ramming people, I'm not even bothering people I just want to drive god damn it. I mean I could understand if I was, but these people are just going off the 12 year old stereotype it's earned...

and i thought that you can find those guys only in all aids/race soft lobbies!
:lol: Apparently not.

Like I said, I just got into grip racing, but have drifted for years. Everything I've learned about the GT online has come through GTP. When I first found GTP, I quickly realized the drift forums were considered the armpit of GTP, due to all the pissing contests (many that I witnessed, which led me to sympathize with the general GTP community).

However, after being around for a few years, I've realized that most of the drifters are good people, and just a few bad apples ruin the name for the rest of us.

I also used to hold the grip racing community in some sort of "higher level of social conduct" type of light.

I'm now seeing that, just like in drifting, there are nice people, and idiots. Grip racing is no less of a pissing contest than drifting if people decide to take it there.

Moral of the story, there's idiots everywhere lol.

Last edited:
It's nice to see there's still loads of idiocy on GT6 even when I'm not around. Having a burn out Laser Disk Reader sucks. Now i can't play install the new update and experience an onslaught of cars ramming the back of me in quickmatch. Or driving around in a Honda Life Step van and being punted 800 Yards by an X1.

A few weeks ago in a drift trial lobby called "Drift for fun" on Suzuka East Course and I seen nothing but SLR, GTR, GT, etc. I got my CL 600 out and got into some great tandem runs and another person joined and the first thing he said was "Akuma = Noob". I didn't listen to him/her and minded my own business. 2 minutes later, the same person comes flying into me in a 458 and called me a noob for drifting a CL 600 and I typed WTF. Next thing I notice, I GOT KICKED. I asked the host why and he said I gotta respect his friend -_-. I got off and started playing some NFS Rivals

Decided to try the new quick match races. Entered a Tsukuba sports car match. Some 🤬 in a yellow Subaru decides that he'll be able to save time by cutting every single turn and hairpin corner. It was actually quite amusing to watch me gain ground every single time he did it. And then I tried to pass for the lead, which then resulted with the Subaru catching up. He then proceeded to ram me and punt me into other cars. Somehow, I received a collision penalty :dunce:

Quick match: The perfect reminder why you should never expect a clean race with the general population. I got sandwiched into a barrier intentionally on the first lap of the GT3 race at Spa and I still came back to win in a field of 9-11 cars.

I think I'll stick to GTPlanet organized racing.

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, but I've been on GT for one hour constantly getting disconnected, kicked once, searching through at least one good lobby etc. This game is a growing frustration for me. Not once did I even get as far as the pit exit in terms of racing. The quick race is very ironic, a quick race, yes, but first you have to go through dozens of minutes to not get disconnected. Bit of a rant, yes, I know, but I'd just like a game where I can play online within a few minutes of turning it on, please, PD.

Joined a little 'cops' lobby today hosted by some guy and his friend - I have come across both of them in lobbies before and never thought bad of them HOWEVER! This 'cops' lobby, like others I have joined when they were hosting, wasn't really a cops lobby at all. In fact, they were; for lack of a better term - cruising around London at 40mph... So I'm like what the hell, let's join in. Now I'm in the '90 RX-7 that I'd never driven before so I slapped a generic setup on it which turned out to not do much at all, it was still pretty tail happy (I drive on sports tires) but the person I was behind slows down and slows down and says something along the lines of 'overtake me and I'll kick you, trying to be funny let's see how funny you are driving at 10mph' so I ask 'how was I being funny?' To which he replies "drifting round corners, riding my [bottom - the word he actually used began with an A], should I carry on?" So I say 'the drifting wasn't intentional I've got a bad setup on my car' and I accidentally missed the T off of intentional - can you guess what he said next? That's right, telling me to "next time, spell it right" - oh I'm so sorry, I wasn't aware that you were perfect and have never made a spelling mistake in your life! I mean, come on - I MISSED ONE LETTER OUT. Yeah, if I'd have completely made a hash out of the word - slander me, but for missing out one letter... But I digress, after this comment I realise that he is 'one of those' - having to correct minor mistakes by others to feel like he is the almighty overlord. So I go to leave but was kicked before I could.. Oh well, saved me a couple of presses on the X button!

Joined a little 'cops' lobby today hosted by some guy and his friend - I have come across both of them in lobbies before and never thought bad of them HOWEVER! This 'cops' lobby, like others I have joined when they were hosting, wasn't really a cops lobby at all. In fact, they were; for lack of a better term - cruising around London at 40mph... So I'm like what the hell, let's join in. Now I'm in the '90 RX-7 that I'd never driven before so I slapped a generic setup on it which turned out to not do much at all, it was still pretty tail happy (I drive on sports tires) but the person I was behind slows down and slows down and says something along the lines of 'overtake me and I'll kick you, trying to be funny let's see how funny you are driving at 10mph' so I ask 'how was I being funny?' To which he replies "drifting round corners, riding my [bottom - the word he actually used began with an A], should I carry on?" So I say 'the drifting wasn't intentional I've got a bad setup on my car' and I accidentally missed the T off of intentional - can you guess what he said next? That's right, telling me to "next time, spell it right" - oh I'm so sorry, I wasn't aware that you were perfect and have never made a spelling mistake in your life! I mean, come on - I MISSED ONE LETTER OUT. Yeah, if I'd have completely made a hash out of the word - slander me, but for missing out one letter... But I digress, after this comment I realise that he is 'one of those' - having to correct minor mistakes by others to feel like he is the almighty overlord. So I go to leave but was kicked before I could.. Oh well, saved me a couple of presses on the X button!

"Ass" isn't prohibited on this site. :)

What a bootyful pun chain we have here...

:sly:
Honestly? I think the cracks are beginning to show...

(On topic): friend Tom just told me he got kicked from a room for laughing when someone said they'd stab him with a katana, because as I've heard many times, they aren't the best sword...

He then gave me the lecture of swords vs swords. But still, pathetic reason to be kicked.

(On topic): friend Tom just told me he got kicked from a room for laughing when someone said they'd stab him with a katana, because as I've heard many times, they aren't the best sword...

He then gave me the lecture of swords vs swords. But still, pathetic reason to be kicked.
Seriously guys, these puns have hit rock bottom.

tumblr_mpbvanZqIm1sxoilwo1_500.png

Tonight I was in an open lobby with some friends and some other racers. 16 people. We were running some nice 400pp no aids races at Zahara. Every race was clean and fair. Ok, now and then somebody had to rejoin the lobby because the sound glitch and some others got disconnected suddenly. The usual post 1.12 stuff. The fifth race started with only 7 players. Strange, I tought to myself. Anyway, I started the race with my Audi quattro from the 5th place and in the first corner I was in first position. It was wet so with the extra 4wd grip it was easy. Up to the end I had a clean race and won the race.

After the race, 4 or 5 drivers acused me of ramming and blocking. I told them that I ran a clean lap. My next sentence was: how many drivers were racing in the last race? They told me that 16. In my race there were only 7 players. I explained that to them, they accepted my apologies, but... That feeling of having ruined some others lap was the worst that I've dealt with online. Really. I just turn off the PS3. Frustrated.

Does this happened to somebody here?

Tonight I was in an open lobby with some friends and some other racers. 16 people. We were running some nice 400pp no aids races at Zahara. Every race was clean and fair. Ok, now and then somebody had to rejoin the lobby because the sound glitch and some others got disconnected suddenly. The usual post 1.12 stuff. The fifth race started with only 7 players. Strange, I tought to myself. Anyway, I started the race with my Audi quattro from the 5th place and in the first corner I was in first position. It was wet so with the extra 4wd grip it was easy. Up to the end I had a clean race and won the race.

After the race, 4 or 5 drivers acused me of ramming and blocking. I told them that I ran a clean lap. My next sentence was: how many drivers were racing in the last race? They told me that 16. In my race there were only 7 players. I explained that to them, they accepted my apologies, but... That feeling of having ruined some others lap was the worst that I've dealt with online. Really. I just turn off the PS3. Frustrated.

I know how you feel. I avoid most drifting rooms because I don't want to ruin their fun.

When Zahara first came out, I was in a stock, bright red Mazda MX-5 (NA). I got hit by some dumbass in a Formula GT and told the host to kick him after he hit me twice. The FGT driver said he couldn't see me and I said something along the lines of "You couldn't see a bright red Miata? Ok..." Some other guy said in an unexpectedly rude tone that sometimes players don't appear on screen.

I now remember several times where I (and other people in the same lobby) couldn't see my friends when I was with one of the cops and cruise clubs here, several months back.

Yes. It is a on-line glitch. To avoid this the best thing to do is for people in the lobby to call out how many cars they see in the lobby so if you see less then you should re-join the room or this will happen again.

After a few months away (due to real life), I decided to try GT6 online tonight. I just spent an hour and a half or so, and only managed to get in 1 race in 1 room. Otherwise I kept getting disconnected - whether joining or trying to host myself. C'mon PD I'm trying to give you a chance here...

After a few months away (due to real life), I decided to try GT6 online tonight. I just spent an hour and a half or so, and only managed to get in 1 race in 1 room. Otherwise I kept getting disconnected - whether joining or trying to host myself. C'mon PD I'm trying to give you a chance here...

There seems to be a problem with the servers tonight, just bad timing for your return, unfortunately. :(

How about a pun thread? :P
Why not a pun site?

Yep... We all know your pain.

I know how you feel. I avoid most drifting rooms because I don't want to ruin their fun.

When Zahara first came out, I was in a stock, bright red Mazda MX-5 (NA). I got hit by some dumbass in a Formula GT and told the host to kick him after he hit me twice. The FGT driver said he couldn't see me and I said something along the lines of "You couldn't see a bright red Miata? Ok..." Some other guy said in an unexpectedly rude tone that sometimes players don't appear on screen.

I now remember several times where I (and other people in the same lobby) couldn't see my friends when I was with one of the cops and cruise clubs here, several months back.

I'm glad to see that I wasn't alone with this issue. In any case is something very annoying because you are not aware what's going on until you finish the race and then, the harm was done.

Yes. It is a on-line glitch. To avoid this the best thing to do is for people in the lobby to call out how many cars they see in the lobby so if you see less then you should re-join the room or this will happen again.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated. Be sure that I'll use in the future whitin the crowded lobbies.

Me again!
I set my region to UK only (latency reasons) and Tsukuba as I fancied a little drifting.
I go to join a lobby with a host from the UK and on Tsukuba and when I join there's a German host and its on Matterhorn... Must have fallen into the polyphony space time continuum or something.
It's happened to me before though, being randomly transported into a room that is set up completely differently to the one I looked at to join.

Happenned to me as well. Was racing with just one other guy and there were a few chats saying that we were the worst drivers and yadayadaya. I was confused but later realised that there were just invisible cars as well. Earned a bad reputation for a few people...

xxxxxx

Kicks just because he's loosing to someone with a lower hp, higher weight car. Apparently I have no balls, and that was the nicest thing he had to say. Racist.

Last edited:
Back