Worst You've Dealt With Online...

"regardless of what they've done"
But i mean, if someone hacked your account, it must be helpful if you told, say, Sony, because I am sure they would appreciate it. Although, I guess you wouldn't post that on a forum thread, so yeah.

I'll say one story, in chronological order.

1. Shows up in a Zahara lobby
2. Drives around in a Cappuccino (Non race-car) for good time's sake
3. A guy randomly shows up in a really loud Civic, and boasts it on the chat..
4. Civic driver hits my Cappuccino and sends me spinning through the pits.
5. I leave, only to return with a 650HP Charger SRT8.
6. Civic Rams my Charger, and fails, only to say swear words at the chat aimed at me.
7. Host leaves and I become the new host.
8. Kicks Civic driver out, resumes gameplay.
9. Fast-forward to a few minutes later, I grab my Civic and drive it around Sierra, and compare the time to my Charger, in which the Charger is seconds faster than my personal, fully-tuned Civic.
10. Concludes that theit Civic is definitely hacked, reports PSN ID.
Really sad thing how even the online games aren't free from loud Civic stereotypes. :indiff:

But i mean, if someone hacked your account, it must be helpful if you told, say, Sony, because I am sure they would appreciate it. Although, I guess you wouldn't post that on a forum thread, so yeah.
You report them to Sony, of course.

However, GTPlanet isn't ran by Sony, we just worship their products really.
isn't

Easy.

Many civic drivers are RICErs.

Because... VTEC apparently. Even though they don't know what it does...
In which case you could apply the same philosophy for Peugeot 206s, Citroen Saxos, even my Vauxhall Corsa. I've never understood why Civics over the other ricer victims.

Really sad thing how even the online games aren't free from loud Civic stereotypes. :indiff:

I've been hit by a few morons driving them online. A lot of them seem to have an authority problem; When the host and several other people tell them to stop doing something, they ignore the rules.

In which case you could apply the same philosophy for Peugeot 206s, Citroen Saxos, even my Vauxhall Corsa. I've never understood why Civics over the other ricer victims.
They are victimised. But are also rarer than the Civic guys.

Although I have a friend who's a 207 RICEr, which is kinda terrible.

A. When I am in a quick match, i can be in front of you or along side of you, if we contact I will get the 5 second or 3 second collision suspension EVERY time and you wont, even if you are BEHIND me, so that sux, not exaggerating either. I might see one competitor penalized for every ten times I am.

B. On the track that made Senna famous, forgot name, before the last long stretch there is the corner with all the sand, why can some of you go through the sand next to the wall faster than I can stay on the track, i see guys over in the sand and they end up WAY WAY in front of me ???

A. When I am in a quick match, i can be in front of you or along side of you, if we contact I will get the 5 second or 3 second collision suspension EVERY time and you wont, even if you are BEHIND me, so that sux, not exaggerating either. I might see one competitor penalized for every ten times I am.

B. On the track that made Senna famous, forgot name, before the last long stretch there is the corner with all the sand, why can some of you go through the sand next to the wall faster than I can stay on the track, i see guys over in the sand and they end up WAY WAY in front of me ???
If we're being pedantic, Monaco 1984 got him noticed, but the track you're talking about is Suzuka, no?

Or Brands Hatch.

Or SPA...

Or Monza........

Or (zzZZzzZZzzZZzzZZzz.........)
Or maybe the Nurburgring in '84. Won the first race there against a lot of champions, remember?

We could go on for ages...

So many Mercedes...

zzZZzzZzZzZZzzZZzz
So much leather...

Anyway, had a room which I inherited, Autumn Ring mini at full rain on track, race started. I was 3rd in my Caterham, with an SLS GT3 and a GTR ahead, so I was pleased.

Next thing a guy is moaning about the GT3 driver ramming him because he had the better car, which is false. For 2 reasons.

The guy was in a NISMO GTR on full racing tyres, so he was way slower even if he could keep it on track...

This guy then says, after I mention himself being a rammer and his car being crap, that his car was faster than mine...

I came 3rd, he came 7th. In my Caterham. Compared with his GTR. NISMO.

Arguing for a while with GT3-man.

I start another race and tell him to join with his GTR, with the intention of watching both of them and seeing who's lying, whoever was would get booted out. He says he can't be bothered to get the GTR out (because its so much effort...) and leaves.

Chicken...

Thread still going........interesting that the comments i made back on page 28 ?? in about 2004 still hold true. Back then i said how frustrating it is when we set up league prac lobbies, (Aus - NZ only) and we still get guys trying to join from every nation on the planet.

As they say, "the more things change they more they stay the same" !

Right now, post 1.14 update the worst I'm dealing with is the now common bug, that after an online race, you see the same cars from previous race on track, although people changed them.
Only solution so far is to enter track two times from lobby screen - now guess how many foreign people do that in open lobbies, 'cause from their point of view they are in fact sitting in their new selected cars.
I hope, PD fixes these issues asap.

Right now, post 1.14 update the worst I'm dealing with is the now common bug, that after an online race, you see the same cars from previous race on track, although people changed them.
Only solution so far is to enter track two times from lobby screen - now guess how many foreign people do that in open lobbies, 'cause from their point of view they are in fact sitting in their new selected cars.
I hope, PD fixes these issues asap.
I've yet to use a fiat 500, then change to a Sauber C9. Really want to try it.

Well, I just did another quick match. The new one with the LMPs and right off the bat, some idiot rams me off the road the first first corner of Suzuka. Though I probably should know the rule of thumb by now, if the grid is full of Toyota 88C-Vs; it's probably going to be a rough race. Though, the guy did get what he deserved later on in the race and crashed at a later corner.

So last night I was hosting ( gtplanet club room 450-550pp clean) pretty sure some of you been in the there. No I don't set it to private I make it public. But anyway we was racing at Daytona road course and me and this guy was battling for 5th. We was swapping the position back and forth and was making clean passes when doing so. So coming to the finish line me and him was side by side and this dude goes all the way to the left on to the apron and comes back up and takes me out. Smh..... Like for no reason. I back out and kicked him right away. Like first of all why would you do that? I can't stand when people do stupid crap like that for no reason. I race that dude clean the whole race and he wanna do that crap.

One more:

*barely nudges another player on accident, gets penalized*

*Guy pushes me off the road, gets off scott free*

Polyphony Digital, your penalty system is 🤬.

It is terrible.

I was driving my 120D (yeah, diesel. Come get me GTP) in a 450PP room, a couple of MX5s cut a corner and got nothing, I clipped the grass after being forced off by a Focus ST and I got 5 second penalty.

The ST didn't get a penalty though...

QM's are the wild wild west of racing.

It reminds me when GT Prologue first came out. Finally, we get to race real people!!! Well, that excitement ended really quick. It was some bad racing. But, it's all we had.

I learned very quickly to just race my race. I got beat up and banged around. Also, I met some stellar racers who were doing what I was doing. Racing our own race. You learn who you can run with and who you cant. I have near 100 friends because of this. So, in a way I am grateful for the crappy racing I had in the past. It led me to the diamonds in the rough.

These QM's are no different. I have had some horrible, horrible races. But, I have also met a couple people who do it right. For the payouts, its worth it to race for a 1/2 hour to an hour, for me anyway.

Cheers gents

Just like the above, Quick Match is probably the worst online experience I've had in GT6.

Between people trying to spin you on straights, people brake checking you, people braking into your rear end (and you get the penalty) and people just turning on you while you're in the inside because they have no idea where you are on the track (also gives you a penalty), the fun I've had in Quick Match has been really really low, to not say non existant.

I mostly end up more frustrated than anything else, so I'm just going to stay away from that mode.

Have a gem tonight, with an old classic of a car that gets quite a lot of hate when I use it.

Decide to see if my connection can hold out for more than 2 races when joining a public room (Hint: it doesn't, and won't. Friend rooms are fine though.)

Join a 500pp lobby at Laguna Seca, which isn't one of my favorite or best tracks... to see a relatively diverse mix of cars. Of note are a 3000GT and a Dodge Viper (host), along with the usual M3's, FR-S', NSX's, etc...

Not having much time to pick a car that's actually been tuned, I go with an old standby; the premium Honda Civic Type R EK) '97. I used to race in a 500pp series for a long time with the same car, and it's served me well (and gets it's fair share of compliments for being a very well-done Initial D replica.)

Notice everyone is on Sports Soft, and go with that as well. I also note that the room settings are as follows:

10 Laps
Fastest First
Fuel/Tire Wear is set to Very Fast
SRF is OFF
TCS is ON
ABS is ON

Of course, being as by the time I'd entered the pit lane to join the track, the host starts the race.
I start 9th out of 10th, with the host behind me.

Race starts, and I fall back into last almost immediately as I'm down at least 50 horsepower to everyone - well, except the green FR-S. He blew the start and slotted into 9th out of 10th, with me behind him.
First turn... wasn't a nightmare, just the 3000GT being forcibly shoved out of 2nd into 5th by means of a M3.

Middle of the third lap is where it got interesting (and stupid.) Said M3 driver was barely holding 2nd to a NSX that had started 8th and was flying. Host is down in 8th, dueling with another NSX and the 3000GT. First place is nearly 3 seconds ahead of 2nd, and the 2nd-place M3 is getting quite peeved that he can't make up ground to an Evora.

Green FR-S does an excellent overtake of all three drivers going into the first turn, astoundingly without any contact, as I only can watch (and cry a little inside) as he goes off in pursuit of the 6th-place S2000. Those three then wear their tires to shreds trying to catch the FR-S again, while I'm still just keeping pace - with good reason.

At lap five, the three drivers in front of me that are still dueling (3000GT, NSX, Host's Viper) have to pit for tires, as they've killed them (even with TCS) trying to catch the FR-S. Now in 7th, I spy a car coming out of the pits - the M3, who had lost 2nd place (and 3rd as well) and duly pass it.

M3 driver appears to take offense completely beyond reason to this, and the expletives start. Can understand his position a little bit - I don't think anyone would like being passed by a yellow eyesore - Uhh, I mean Civic.

Get the usual names from the book thrown at me - all the while having said nothing over my mic - and, as he attempts to catch back up, he runs off of the track three times in the same lap, losing ground and dropping into the group of backmarkers.

Lap 8 (still having abuse hurled at me, with the 3000GT driver trying to stop the M3 driver from blowing more smoke) I pass three other cars who stopped to pit, leaving me in 3rd place behind the FR-S and the Evora, who was now something like 30 seconds ahead. Evora driver says he has to pit and that he can't make the finish with near-dead rear tires, and does so. FR-S driver has to do the same, and I pass him while he was still in the pit to take 2nd, 8 seconds behind the Evora.

Evora driver notices this, asks me what I'm driving. I reply just exactly what I'm driving, and he begins laughing. He asks me if I can make the finish on the tires I have - which I can do. (Main reason I chose that specific car is because it barely burns through tires, even with the degradation setting on max.) Instead of taking the win, he thinks it'd be the end of all hilarious things to stop and wait to let me win.

At the end of the 10th lap, the M3 is asking (well, yelling, really) where in the world is the Civic (paraphrased for swearing). I cross the line first, and once the results load... I had the biggest :censored:storm of cursing/swearing directed at me I'd ever heard in an online game. I kid you not, even worse than the stuff I've dealt with in my time playing Call of Duty.

Once the track loads, without anything else happening, I get kicked - and, about 30 seconds later, I learned that I wasn't alone in being kicked - the Evora driver, the FR-S driver, and 3000GT driver were also given the boot.

End result: one more win for a car everyone loves to hate, and three new additions to my PSN friends list. And quite the laugh.

Me: Who wants to race?

Guy in Public Mode: I will. I hate your car. Subaru's suck. It's Chinese. It's cheap. Clearly the Mustang is better.

Me: Subaru is Japanese, not Chi-

Guy in Public Mode: Yeah yeah, don't care. You ready for me to beat you? I'm like, the best driver ever.

Me: I'm ready. You?

Guy in Public Mode: Hold on, I'm turning on ABS, SRF, TCS, ASM, and Active Steering.

Me: WAT.

And he ended up losing on Red Bull Ring by about 20 seconds...

Have a gem tonight, with an old classic of a car that gets quite a lot of hate when I use it.

Decide to see if my connection can hold out for more than 2 races when joining a public room (Hint: it doesn't, and won't. Friend rooms are fine though.)

Join a 500pp lobby at Laguna Seca, which isn't one of my favorite or best tracks... to see a relatively diverse mix of cars. Of note are a 3000GT and a Dodge Viper (host), along with the usual M3's, FR-S', NSX's, etc...

Not having much time to pick a car that's actually been tuned, I go with an old standby; the premium Honda Civic Type R EK) '97. I used to race in a 500pp series for a long time with the same car, and it's served me well (and gets it's fair share of compliments for being a very well-done Initial D replica.)

Notice everyone is on Sports Soft, and go with that as well. I also note that the room settings are as follows:

10 Laps
Fastest First
Fuel/Tire Wear is set to Very Fast
SRF is OFF
TCS is ON
ABS is ON

Of course, being as by the time I'd entered the pit lane to join the track, the host starts the race.
I start 9th out of 10th, with the host behind me.

Race starts, and I fall back into last almost immediately as I'm down at least 50 horsepower to everyone - well, except the green FR-S. He blew the start and slotted into 9th out of 10th, with me behind him.
First turn... wasn't a nightmare, just the 3000GT being forcibly shoved out of 2nd into 5th by means of a M3.

Middle of the third lap is where it got interesting (and stupid.) Said M3 driver was barely holding 2nd to a NSX that had started 8th and was flying. Host is down in 8th, dueling with another NSX and the 3000GT. First place is nearly 3 seconds ahead of 2nd, and the 2nd-place M3 is getting quite peeved that he can't make up ground to an Evora.

Green FR-S does an excellent overtake of all three drivers going into the first turn, astoundingly without any contact, as I only can watch (and cry a little inside) as he goes off in pursuit of the 6th-place S2000. Those three then wear their tires to shreds trying to catch the FR-S again, while I'm still just keeping pace - with good reason.

At lap five, the three drivers in front of me that are still dueling (3000GT, NSX, Host's Viper) have to pit for tires, as they've killed them (even with TCS) trying to catch the FR-S. Now in 7th, I spy a car coming out of the pits - the M3, who had lost 2nd place (and 3rd as well) and duly pass it.

M3 driver appears to take offense completely beyond reason to this, and the expletives start. Can understand his position a little bit - I don't think anyone would like being passed by a yellow eyesore - Uhh, I mean Civic.

Get the usual names from the book thrown at me - all the while having said nothing over my mic - and, as he attempts to catch back up, he runs off of the track three times in the same lap, losing ground and dropping into the group of backmarkers.

Lap 8 (still having abuse hurled at me, with the 3000GT driver trying to stop the M3 driver from blowing more smoke) I pass three other cars who stopped to pit, leaving me in 3rd place behind the FR-S and the Evora, who was now something like 30 seconds ahead. Evora driver says he has to pit and that he can't make the finish with near-dead rear tires, and does so. FR-S driver has to do the same, and I pass him while he was still in the pit to take 2nd, 8 seconds behind the Evora.

Evora driver notices this, asks me what I'm driving. I reply just exactly what I'm driving, and he begins laughing. He asks me if I can make the finish on the tires I have - which I can do. (Main reason I chose that specific car is because it barely burns through tires, even with the degradation setting on max.) Instead of taking the win, he thinks it'd be the end of all hilarious things to stop and wait to let me win.

At the end of the 10th lap, the M3 is asking (well, yelling, really) where in the world is the Civic (paraphrased for swearing). I cross the line first, and once the results load... I had the biggest :censored:storm of cursing/swearing directed at me I'd ever heard in an online game. I kid you not, even worse than the stuff I've dealt with in my time playing Call of Duty.

Once the track loads, without anything else happening, I get kicked - and, about 30 seconds later, I learned that I wasn't alone in being kicked - the Evora driver, the FR-S driver, and 3000GT driver were also given the boot.

End result: one more win for a car everyone loves to hate, and three new additions to my PSN friends list. And quite the laugh.
That FRS driver's overtake sounds insane, well done to this man for his driving and not being a pollock, along with the others.
Me: Who wants to race?

Guy in Public Mode: I will. I hate your car. Subaru's suck. It's Chinese. It's cheap. Clearly the Mustang is better.

Me: Subaru is Japanese, not Chi-

Guy in Public Mode: Yeah yeah, don't care. You ready for me to beat you? I'm like, the best driver ever.

Me: I'm ready. You?

Guy in Public Mode: Hold on, I'm turning on ABS, SRF, TCS, ASM, and Active Steering.

Me: WAT.

And he ended up losing on Red Bull Ring by about 20 seconds...
Chinese? CHI-GOD DAMN-NESE?

I'm surprised that a '97 Civic - THE tyre shredder - managed to hold out longer than all of the others in the race.

Either I'm a very conservative driver (which I am) or the setup I'm using actually works, for once. I'm a mediocre tuner at best, and only have gotten about 10 or so cars to work properly.

Back