Would you rather?

• Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
My dad's currently retiring car has a 2.0 engine that gets twice as much power as that Mitsubishi's, and a 5-speed manual. Admittedly we're talking about a much newer 2.0 litre Alfa Romeo engine... But...

Mustang, because odd numbered generation Mustang.

And the Aston, because why would you want a Jaguar over an Aston? (Honestly, if you have the money for one, I wouldn't be surprised if you could afford both...)

640px-VW_Beetle_2.0_TSI_Sport_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_11._M%C3%A4rz_2012%2C_Velbert.jpg

or

640px-Fiat_Cinquecento.jpg

or

mini-hatchback-2014-front-quarter-static.jpg

Last edited:
Chevrolet Camaro Iron Duke vs. Ford Mustang vs. Dodge Challenger - Camaro, looks fine and is probably the fastest.

Results:
1. Chevrolet Camaro Iron Duke
2. Ford Mustang
3. Dodge Challenger

Volkswagen Beetle Turbo vs. Fiat 500 vs. Mini Cooper S - Fiat, because Fiat.

Results:
1. Fiat 500
2. Mini Cooper S
3. Volkswagen Beetle Turbo

Beetle. I really liked riding passenger in the Beetle and it had a nice ride, and the 200hp turbo 2.0L was pretty good, too. I can't comfortably fit my 6'5" self into the Fiat, so that's obviously out. I've never been inside a Mini, so I can't say anything about the comfort or ride or anything, but I like the way it looks.

1. Beetle Turbo
2. Mini Cooper S
3. Fiat 500

Mustang, my buddy had a few with the 2.3L. One was in his dirt race car and the other in his street car. He had a bunch of stuff put in the street one, like a 2.5L stroker kit and a .630 @ .50" cam. Think sounded like a V8 under 3,500rpm. Was pretty cool and went pretty quick. The Iron Duke Camaro is cool though.

Honda Civic EM1 Coupe vs Toyota Camry '96; The Civic, that's one of my favorite civic body styles. I always thought it looked kinda nice & sporty. The camry on the other hand is a bit dull.

Jaguar F-Type R vs Aston Martin V8 Vantage S; I would pick the Vantage S actually, because the current vantage is one of my favorite Astons in general and I don't care much for the F-Type yet.

1982 Camaro vs 1981 Mustang vs 1980 Challenger; I'm picking the Mustang, my dad actually owned an '81 Mustang at one point (which is part of the reason why I'm picking it). I would probably make it a crazy project car like most foxbody owners do.

Volkswagen Beetle Turbo vs Fiat 500 vs Mini Cooper S; I think I would pick the Mini.

Last edited:
Toyota Supra MkIV vs. Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

I'll take the Challenger. I respect the eventual capabilities of the Supra, but I've never felt very attached to it.

60s Ford Mustang vs. Plymouth Duster

Mustang. That Duster looks nice but it's a bit plain compared to the powerful presence of the Mustang.

Nissan IDx Nismo Concept vs. Datsun 510 race car

I'll take the 510. I don't like the quirky mixture of proportions on that new concept car.

Volkswagen Scirocco vs. Volvo C30 vs. Renault Avantime

Volvo C30, one of the loveliest-looking compact hatchback in this era.

Early-90s - mid-90s Toyota Camry Coupé vs. Late-90s - 2000 Honda Civic Coupé

As a whole, I like Civics much more than Camrys, they often cater more to motoring enthusiasts with their Type R and Si variants. But I'll take that Camry. It may look rather generic and bland, but it also looks very well-proportioned in that picture, to the point of it being rather charming to me :confused:

Jaguar F-Type R vs. Aston Martin V8 Vantage S

F-Type R. I'll take the Vantage if it's any of the V12-powered variants though - I know it'd make the comparison slightly unfair because of the increasing price gap.

1982 Chevrolet Camaro Iron Duke vs. 1981 Ford Mustang vs. 1980 Dodge Challenger

Camaro, just because it looks best in that comparison to me.

Volkswagen Beetle Turbo vs. Fiat 500 vs. new Mini Cooper S

Beetle Turbo. If the 500's an Abarth one and the Mini Cooper S is the older one, I'll take the Mini Cooper S though, with the 500 second. I'm not really loving the :eek: mouth on the new Mini.

Now, two ultimate BPR Global GT Series dreams on the road

Ferrari F40 GTE converted for road use

5020297498_2fd26f239a_z.jpg

or

McLaren F1 GTR converted for road use

6896.jpg

I'll go with the Mustang I guess. It's not too much trouble to swap in an SVO four banger rated at 200hp. If I remember correctly, the transmission shouldn't have to be swapped. The Camaro and Challenger aren't hopeless, but I'd still rather have the Mustang. Then I'd go with the Beetle and the F1 GTR.

Last edited:
I'll take the Wiesmann as well.

If a Morgan Aero 8 was there I'd take it instead though, just saying. Kinda thought that it's a similar kind of car.

500 absolutely, though the new Mini is good (despite its massive chin). The new Beetle is better than before but still too average.

F1 > F40. Again, shoot me for this, but I don't think the F40 appeals.

The Wiesmann is probably the better car but I really don't want to just leave the Marcos. I'd take either.

Back