WRC 3 - 2012 (Milestone games)

• Thread starter FahrerGott
  • 1,237 comments
Great news. I was afraid that they'd skip this year, what with the usual October release time fast approaching. I still forget that they tend not to say too much beforehand and then wham, it's there.

Another good reason to look forward to Gamescom đź‘Ť

I've been back online a bit during last week and online is still active enough, so this is all good news.

I just bought this for PS3. It's a fantastic game so far. Does anyone still play it?

I just bought this for PS3. It's a fantastic game so far. Does anyone still play it?
I went back to online a few weeks ago and there seemed to be plenty of races going on at most times of the day.

It will only really die down once WRC4 comes out in October.

Thanks Hyland - yes, I do too as I have quite a few pics built up now that the graphics are catching up with a few other games.

If there is someone who still want's to platinum this game. He should first do On-line trophies, because there are only two and they are easy. First is to play for 10 minutes and second is for wining one rally stage.

The reason for this is because Milestone will shut down servers for this game without any warning. Since WRC 4 is now available it could happen any time now. In my estimate WRC 3 servers could be open for six months at most. Maybe even less than that. Rest of trophies are off line so first to do are two on line trophies.

After Servers for this game will be closed, the Platinum Trophy became unobtainable

If there is someone who still want's to platinum this game. He should first do On-line trophies...
The reason for this is because Milestone will shut down servers for this game without any warning...
Yeah, I was a bit late to the party with WRC 2 so that's the only one I didn't complete on time. I went back after a few times after completing WRC 3 and online was still there...but no one was playing, so I'd say a few months is safe.

Ive unlocked tons of cars in Road to Glory, is there any way i could use those cars in WRC Experience Single Stage ?

For example i want to drive 2.0 liter previous WRC Citroen C4 in Germany and Finland.

Ive unlocked tons of cars in Road to Glory, is there any way i could use those cars in WRC Experience Single Stage ?

For example i want to drive 2.0 liter previous WRC Citroen C4 in Germany and Finland.
In WRC 3 I think you can only use the three car classes (and cars within those) from the official teams - so Class 2, Class 3 and WRC - never your own team cars though.

So there is no reason for me to keep this game anymore. I'll exchange for something else then.

I wanted to use Group B Peugeot 205 T16 in Finland and Germany just for my own fun, like Time Trial runs. :guilty:

Thanks for answer.

I've been playing this game and I have a problem: when driving with the chase cam (sometimes I do use it, yes), the camera is shaking back and forth and ruining the experience. Any ideas why?

I have no idea. I'm using Hood cam with wheel it's best for me. I've noticed that every time i use manual transmission, when i use full throttle just before countdown reaches 0 and i'm able to put first gear and drive off my car slowly goes forward or backward. Depends if Start of the stage is going down or uphill.

Sometimes car doesn't have all textures, and it's without paint.

Ill be missing those fun challenges, does WRC 4 also had those mixed drift, wall crashing for points challenges ??

No, it's a straight rally career - you choose a team as a wildcard entry for two JWRC rallies and then can select new contracts from other teams. No gimicks in WRC 4. I seriously thought you'd have played the game by now...it's better than WRC 3 in many ways.

Sorry GTracer - I can't help there either. How is it in other views?

I don't understand why people want that crap in a WRC game. That's what Dirt is for, ruined WRC3 imo.

Well it' was fun to have all the mixed challenges for some time. But it could be nice to have a chance to check those all reward cars like Group B cars and Old WRC in single stage. Anyway thanks for reply, ill buy wrc 4 in close future.

I don't understand why people want that crap in a WRC game. That's what Dirt is for, ruined WRC3 imo.

same here, in fact i'm so glad they get rid of all that **** in wrc4, having instead a proper career mode.
The only thing i'm missing are the old cars, i would have put some special events like " you have been invited to historic rally showdown bla bla" and use some cars.

same here, in fact i'm so glad they get rid of all that **** in wrc4, having instead a proper career mode.
The only thing i'm missing are the old cars, i would have put some special events like " you have been invited to historic rally showdown bla bla" and use some cars.

Not like historic races in F1 2013 which is a joke really. This could be only acceptable if we could race in Groub B era, and see those people running away few meters before your cars plunging into wild crowd. This had to be unforgeable experience from Driver point of view.

Game is great with Wheel and hood view for me. I can't get the same feeling with inside views. Chase cam was good in Colin McRae Rally 2.0 with sony original controller.

It's just so much fun :)

Do any of these games support more than one controller at a time?
I think so, as there is a mode called Hotseat for upto four players; though now I think about it, it's possible to use the same controller for all four, so that'd only be local co-op and taking it in turns - still a lot of fun though.

Hotseat (in other games anyway) is where there is one set of controls, but each of the players does a stage one at a time to see who gets the best time. Hotseat= the seat is still warm from the last person sitting in it. This has no bearing on multiple controller support.

Yes, thank you - I know the derivation and meaning of what Hotseat is. I only mentioned it, as it's the closest to local co-op that you'll get in the WRC games.

Back