You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
Hotrods these days (and always have been?) are more or less custom creations of the owner, from various car parts, engines etc.
You could have a Ford T-Bucket shell, custom chassis, Chev engine, Jaguar interior pieces, and Dodge wheels all on one car. That's hot rodding for you.

Nissan Stagea

I never knew there was a wagon version of the R34 'til a couple of weeks ago. :dunce: It looks very awkward..

Perhaps because that's an R34 nose grafted on?

It's actually based on the Laurel chassis. The Autech Stagea was really quite like GT-R with a wagon body though.

1996_Nissan_Stagea_C34.jpg
Normal Stagea.

Ultima GTR, apparantly it's the fastest supercar in the world with a 0-60 of 2.6 seconds with a midmounted 720hp V8.
Vehicles041.jpg

Ultima GTR, apparantly it's the fastest supercar in the world with a 0-60 of 2.6 seconds with a midmounted 720hp V8.

I followed one of these down an A road the other day. I say followed, it was more like 'watched it disappear' :lol: The noise it made as it became a dot infront of me was very nice.

Hotrods these days (and always have been?) are more or less custom creations of the owner, from various car parts, engines etc.
You could have a Ford T-Bucket shell, custom chassis, Chev engine, Jaguar interior pieces, and Dodge wheels all on one car. That's hot rodding for you.

point exactly.

Found these Benz cars on different forum.

Mercedes-Benz Concept Car 1969
108722_450.jpg

AUTO-2000 1978 Looks more like Benz from 90s
108733_450.jpg

C112 concept 1991
108740_450.jpg

those pics are awesome, the car on the front right in the first pic is the first c111 which had rotary power, the one to the left looks like a later version which may have had either diesel or rotary power. The car in the backround I've never seen before, but it looks like some sort of mock up.

though I've never seen a picture that clear the second picture is of one of the many, many designs that MB looked at while trying to design what would become the W126. You can just start to see some of the shapes from the 126 and even later 124 taking hold in the front and back of the car.

The c112 is simply an awesome super car that MB never decided to build despite going nearly all the way.

where did you get these pics?

point exactly.

I think the point he was trying to make was that you could put any hotrod in this thread and technically you'd be telling the truth, but the reason we don't include them is because the thread would be full of hotrods...

We have a thread for hotrods here

There's quite a lot of info on the earlier posted Mercedes C111 on GT5P's museum feature. Basically there were three versions of it, the first having a rotary producing about 280ps. The second also had a rotary, I'm not sure of the power output though. I'm quite sure the last version had a diesel engine but had lower power. Correct me if I'm wrong.

RHD Plymouth Barracuda
show026.jpg

show064.jpg

The thing I find funny is the car was built for the export market in America, and is now back in America!

hammer2.jpg

AMG Hammer. Found tonight on one of my regularly yet randomly occurring urges to search for a first car. This time, it was looking for a nice used sports sedan. Unfortunately, apparently only 13 of these were made. E30 M3s also go for more than 20 g's, and 190E's aren't much different. E34 M5s can be had for 5 grand though. Apparently.
(hey, is that picture in Taiwan? Certainly seems a possibility.. whenever I'm there I always see a few rare and obscure cars that seem not to be either typical JDM oddness like Nissan Marches and the like or cheap fake rice like Mine's stickers and ugly bodykits)

I thought the original model for that car was made for Hot Wheels. Either way, weird car, but I like it.

other way around, the alexander bros built the custom from a dodge a100 and chrysler used it as a concept, then later the designer of it worked for mattel and let hot wheels use the deora

I thought the original model for that car was made for Hot Wheels. Either way, weird car, but I like it.
You means this car, the deora 2.

Chip foos made a real car based on this hot wheels model.

Great thread, dunno how I missed it til now. :dopey:

Anyway, I remember the first car I couldn't figure out. It was a Canadian Honda Civic. It was really odd at the time because it had a Civic shape, but Accord head/tail lights.

I knew that Chevy created a Colorado concept with a V8, but I didn't know that they actually decided to start building it! (Makes sense though with the intro of the V8 H3)
They offer it in the extended and crew cab models.

I knew that Chevy created a Colorado concept with a V8, but I didn't know that they actually decided to start building it! (Makes sense though with the intro of the V8 H3)
They offer it in the extended and crew cab models.

I don't know if they are technically for sale yet but I post one in the DYSAGT thread a couple weeks back.

**Actually after looking on the Chevy website it looks like you can get one.

Ford Torino King Cobra

king_cobra_orange1.jpg

fca_2002_kcobra1.jpg

No wonder these things didn't sell well. They are ugly as hell. :scared:

response to mopr's Charger Daytona and Plymouth superbird, wicked cool aerowarriors, a shame Nascar banned aero wars.

Here's a REALLY odd one, a Merc so obscure its like a boat. The 1935 150H Roadster, rear engined with 50 hp:

1935%20Mercedes-Benz%20150%20Sportroadster.jpg

0301_39z+1935_mercedes_benz_150_sport_roadster+front_right_view.jpg

From Wiki:
"The Mercedes-Benz 150 was derived in 1935 from the 130 with only two seats and a more powerful engine, with 1498 cm³ and a power of 55 PS (40 kW). The top speed of the car was 125 km/h.

The car was only offered as a Sport Roadster. The gas tank, which in the case of the Mercedes-Benz 130 was installed over the engine, was transferred to the front compartment, and therefore there was no room for luggage there. The practicality of the 150 was therefore very limited, and the price of the car was quite high at 6600 RM ; as a comparison the Mercedes-Benz 170 V had a price of 5500 RM. The car was discontinued in 1936 due to poor sales"

If someone is REALLY, REALLY intrested, I can scan a Mercedes book I have in wich there is a full feature on the red one of the first picture. Incredibly rare car.

Here's a REALLY odd one, a Merc so obscure its like a boat. The 1935 150H Roadster, rear engined with 50 hp:

From Wiki:
"The Mercedes-Benz 150 was derived in 1935 from the 130 with only two seats and a more powerful engine, with 1498 cm³ and a power of 55 PS (40 kW). The top speed of the car was 125 km/h.

The car was only offered as a Sport Roadster. The gas tank, which in the case of the Mercedes-Benz 130 was installed over the engine, was transferred to the front compartment, and therefore there was no room for luggage there. The practicality of the 150 was therefore very limited, and the price of the car was quite high at 6600 RM ; as a comparison the Mercedes-Benz 170 V had a price of 5500 RM. The car was discontinued in 1936 due to poor sales"

If someone is REALLY, REALLY intrested, I can scan a Mercedes book I have in wich there is a full feature on the red one of the first picture. Incredibly rare car.

there was also a 170H which looked sort of like a beetle

Back