• DSL

Votes: 346 33.6%
  • Dial-up modem (56k or slower)

Votes: 69 6.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Magic069
I had cable... but then I moved, and nothing is available in my area. :mad:

Schoolboy error!!!!!!!

We moved to an area with cable. It was a condition of us buying the house! :)

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie

Schoolboy error!!!!!!!

We moved to an area with cable. It was a condition of us buying the house! :)

I am working on something to solve the problem though. If everything goes well, I'll be making money off of it cause if it wasn't for me this company wouldn't be in my area.

Its called wireless internet, and is suppose to be faster then cable. We see how it goes. I have to do lots of research, and make sure there is a market for them in my area.

Wish me luck.

Good luck! :)

I'm beginning to look into Wireless-WANs, which for my company (construction and asset management) will be a big help in the light of the fact that it takes 55 days to get a wire WAN connection installed.

Gotta love this country's communications! :mad:

Home: 28.8K-36K despite a 56K modem/service. Very stable and reliable service.
School: T1
Work: T3

Night and day difference. No wait, primordial darkness versus walking on the sun.

I go to university in the US, and my school has a 50 mbit/sec connection to Internet1 provided by fractional OC3 by Qwest. It rocks my world downloading from high bandwith sights.

Also, we have a 155 mbit/sec connection to Internet2. Moving files across that thing is like watching Formula 1 cars drag race. It's kinda fast. :)

Anyways, I like it, especially since they blocked file trading programs. I'm able to use IRC to get everything I want. Have no idea how I'm going to survive when I graduate though.

Nexus Maelstrom

Is the bandwidth worth the price of admission? Some might say yes ... especially if you get some webcams setup in the girls dorm rooms and start your own pr0n service (:

~LoudMusic

I have cable... My dad has cable on his comp and my comp internet is running off a wireless broadband router on his. It's real good and still as fast as downstairs cable. :)

Work has a 2 meg pipe for browsing (70 users) and at home i've got Blueyonder's cable link, i have no idea what speed it is.... 100 meg download in 30 mins? Toying with the idea of going to 1 megabit for online gaming needs.....

At work I downloaded Live for speed (30 meg) in about 2 mins :eek: but this is when nobody is about. It slows right down during the day though.

Is it me or has Telewest/Blueyonder just really sucky recently, I have their 56k service. What do you want to play online, I managed to play most online games decently on a 512kbps telewest connection.

You most likely have the 512kbps one.

I'm playing counter strike a lot at the moment. But it's not just that though i like to have kazaa running as well and either MSN messenger or Yahoo messenger running in the background and between the lot of them they eat up the bandwidth. The other thing is i want to be able to do video / voice convo's soon while i'm playing on line.

And yes BY does suck at the moment, but i'm making sure i complain to them every time i hit lag spikes and i think they're improving since complaining, it may be coincidence but........

I'm on BlueYonder1Mb, and its excellent. Slip, I recommend the upgrade. At work we're sharing a 4Mb connection with about 2,000 users, but it actually works quite well!

Originally posted by Ghostrider
Jordan you should edit your poll because DSL and ISDN are not the same. DSL can have speeds up to 4 mb per second and ISDN is only 128 kb per second. Big difference. :)
ISDN is a part of the dial-up modem family as well. The poll should be edited to Dial-up Modem (ISDN or slower).

Back