Votes: 419 40.6%
  • DSL

Votes: 346 33.6%
  • Dial-up modem (56k or slower)

Votes: 69 6.7%

• Total voters
My internet is having an off day... :P

11w4pyc.jpg

Ooo new internet supplier at my student house and it's plenty quick enough. Shame about the upload still though.

My results...

So, I tried again with another server...

Got my internet upgraded today.

3792140080.png

There's a posibility that we can get this tripled in the near future. :D

Last edited:
ip crossout.jpg
That's my speed I am currently cooking with. TWC Turbo and still using a Linksys WRT54G. But this PC is hardwired in.

Last edited:
That's my speed I am currently cooking with. TWC Turbo and still using a Linksys WRT54G. But this PC is hardwired in.
I'm not sure whether that IP there is yours or not, but you might wanna cross it out.

I crossed it out for you, if you wanna use this image:

ip crossout.jpg

50/50 fios reporting in :3

Yes, I know, but I really don't think there will be enough people using ISDN to make a big difference.

On second thought, I'll just remove it...

Single-line ISDN is 64 kbit/s, which is what most people would use, because this allowed for both internet use and phone calls at the same time. Dual line ISDN at 128kbit/s meant you couldn't use your phone. So ISDN should probably be grouped togetwher with 56k dialup (also because it dials up like dialup does :P). I only know this because it's what we had when I was a teenager.

Last edited:
@Pseudopod - Was a comment on a 13 year old post necessary? :lol:

- - - - -

My home connection is still complete crap, so thanks for that, CenturyLink.

Almost makes driving to work seem worth the effort.

So rather than waiting for Virgin to dish out the latest speed boost automatically as was the case last time, I got an email asking me whether or not I wanted to accept it. Considering I knew that my bill wouldn't change afterwards, I'm unsure as to why they went the 'take it or leave it' route with the package I'm on. I mean who wouldn't their speed increased by 2/3 for no extra charge?

3863225678.png

2Mb/s above the quoted max download speed for the last 18 months. 1.5Mb/s below new max speed now. Upload still sucks.

Last edited:
Welp, might as well see HOW bad mine is...

3890073058.png

laughing_yao_answer_5_xlarge.png

EDIT: I almost forgot, I get 10 Gigs of "Unlimited" Data monthly, with 10 more during off-hours. Off-hours are 2AM to 8AM.

Last edited:
If I was trying, probably. :D

It gets better. Because I knew it wasn't gonna be great, I didn't get a wireless router, so those are when linked to the modem.

I have cable modem Time Warner Cable internet, I pay for 30 mbps download and 5 mbps upload.

What I get when I'm directly connected to the modem/router:
3893961690.png

What I get when I'm using wifi in the same room of the modem/router:

3893953256.png

Does anyone know how I can improve the wifi speeds? That was a normal test and the results are usually very random, from 1mbps all the way to 30mbps (results are normally below 10mbps though). My modem/router is a combination and there is a wireless printer/fax machine and wireless phone in the same room. Do those things cause problems?

Edit: From my bedroom using wifi
3893997949.png

From my game room using wifi on my PS4:
Download: 4.2 mbps
Upload: 1.2 mbps
(This is normal sadly and the same speeds from prior to me upgrading to 30)

Last edited:
I have cable modem Time Warner Cable internet, I pay for 30 mbps download and 5 mbps upload.

What I get when I'm directly connected to the modem/router:
3893961690.png

What I get when I'm using wifi in the same room of the modem/router:

3893953256.png

Does anyone know how I can improve the wifi speeds? That was a normal test and the results are usually very random, from 1mbps all the way to 30mbps (results are normally below 10mbps though). My modem/router is a combination and there is a wireless printer/fax machine and wireless phone in the same room. Do those things cause problems?

Edit: From my bedroom using wifi
3893997949.png

From my game room using wifi on my PS4:
Download: 4.2 mbps
(This is normal sadly and the same speeds from prior to me upgrading to 30)

How the hell is your wifi in your bedroom better than the wifi in the same room as the router?

btw, My PS4
Download:3.1 mbps
and this is with a wired connection...:banghead:

Last edited:
Back