Your Panoramas (s12ken's Tutorial Added)

• Thread starter Sprite
  • 291 comments
You kidding ? These three shots are at least as good as mines :cheers:
Love the depth of field of the RS6 one, the soft light of the Lambo one and the last is just superb with a perfect composition ! Great work MoMo :)
(you should try to remove the watermark at least for the pano ;) ).

Thanks for the nice words Jeremy! Your panos are what I hold my panos up to. They don't measure up yet. Will work on watermark removal in the future. Thank You Again!:cheers:

Awesome panos Herve and Jeremy. 👍

I've had another go at one myself...

5422x923

4303x1099 (3 photos horizontal)

4378x1061 (3 photos horizontal)

2368x3758 (3 photos vertical)

6357x1094 (4 photos horizontal)

5030x1090 (3 photos horizontal)

7395x1080 (5 photos horizontal)

4348x1098 (3 photos horizontal)​

Some of these later ones are not panoramas, certainly nice photos, but rather severely cropped landscape formats. A panorama should be a long distance shot with , what 135+ degree arc?

Traditionally yes, panoramas are used to provide a wide angle view of landscapes etc, usually taken at a long distance/zoomed out. However a panorama is any image that uses a wide angle to capture more of an image than would normally otherwise be possible and can be used in closeup/zoomed in photography. In the cases you mention all these images are not cropped but taken as a series of shots and stitched together to create the wide angle.
Effectively giving the same result as a zoomed out and cropped image admittedly but without the image resolution loss that results from that method and gives a much more dynamic and powerful image. Both the long distance and closeup images are valid panoramas.

None of my pics are cropped crap, low resolution. The truth is it is necessary that its height / width ratio is at least 1/2 but the most common is 1/3, the modern gopro camera and extreme fisheye lens are making people thinking that a pano must be ultra wide low focal and distorted :) About the game, if GT6 comes with something better than paper made trees, we all gonna make mountains and forest included stuffs ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86583568@N05/9537606692/

9583252174_bf38bb1cd6_b.jpg

9580480609_45a05f7669_b.jpg

Superb work once more Hervé :)
Nice composition and speed effect Korn :)

Brilliant panning, loving the clarity of the image and contrast of light and shadings.

Back