YouTube Frames

TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
I couldn't see an existing thread on this subject; apologies if there is one that I didn't find.

Very recently all YouTube frames (I've only notice YT, possibly this applies to other sources too) have started filling post windows instead of being the "normal" size.

Is this a new design feature and, if so, is there a way for users to turn it off? They're portrait-scale too, which is weird.

YT frame pictured actual size;

YTFs.JPG

Must be a new GTPlanet feature. The frame dimensions are specified in the embed HTML code but who and why made them like this I don't really understand either. :)

Also, Bing...? W-why?

Must be a new GTPlanet feature. The frame dimensions are specified in the embed HTML code but who and why made them like this I don't really understand either. :)

Also, Bing...? W-why?

It's a work thing, it's only on the browser in this vMachine, not on my native machine :D

Jordan updated the site so that all videos appear in their proper aspect ratio on mobile devices. It's not going away.

Jordan updated the site so that all videos appear in their proper aspect ratio on mobile devices. It's not going away.
If that's the case then something's wrong because they are showing in that aspect ratio even on desktop clients. Shouldn't it be based on the resolution of the client device so that it only shows them like that on mobile devices?

I'm not using a mobile device, and embedded YT videos appear as big fat squares, with the thumbnail zoomed to fit (cutting off the sides), then black bars at the top and bottom after you click "play":

Image1.jpg

I'm on Firefox 31.0.

Mine doesn't show like that, but like what is shown in the OP, and I'm on the same version of Chrome.
@GTPorsche, can you look to see if the problem persists in a different browser?

Also, try looking at it in Chrome's incognito mode.

EDIT:

Jordan got it.

I saw that all these people with the problems were using the widescreen function, but I didn't think that made a difference. :dunce:

Last edited:
@Jordan, Not quite the same issue as above but it is a YouTube issue, for the past couple of weeks I have not been able to get sound for any YouTube videos on GTPlanet, at first I was like ok maybe it will fix itself but it's been a couple of weeks now and still no sound. Any idea of a fix on my end or something on your end. I'm on Android 4.4.2, any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

@Jordan, Not quite the same issue as above but it is a YouTube issue, for the past couple of weeks I have not been able to get sound for any YouTube videos on GTPlanet, at first I was like ok maybe it will fix itself but it's been a couple of weeks now and still no sound. Any idea of a fix on my end or something on your end. I'm on Android 4.4.2, any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
I have been having this problem too everywhere on the internet, I'm on Chrome. I think it is an issue with YouTube, Chrome, or something on my end, not GTPlanet.

I have been having this problem too everywhere on the internet, I'm on Chrome. I think it is an issue with YouTube, Chrome, or something on my end, not GTPlanet.
Yea I'm using Chrome as well, my YouTube app works fine and any other site the sound works with YouTube videos so I narrowed it down, I think it's GTPlanet.

Videos are displayed using the standard embedded YouTube player, so I'm not sure what is happening for you.

A quick Google search turned up this discussion, where people suggest clearing the cache, history, and cookies in the browser can resolve the issue.

Videos are displayed using the standard embedded YouTube player, so I'm not sure what is happening for you.

A quick Google search turned up this discussion, where people suggest clearing the cache, history, and cookies in the browser can resolve the issue.
Thanks Jordan, this worked, I cleared cache and cookie data and I have sound again on YouTube videos.👍

Back