Zombies! Pick a Car for the Apocalypse

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 342 comments
I guess it would be hard for zombies to eat your brains if you're driving away from them because haven't run out of fuel in a world where fuel is hard to find... :rolleyes:

!.jpg
2006_chevrolet_tahoe_4_door_lt_black_suv_96635323730375969.jpg
2406617899_d374c495e8_b.jpg
novaatshow-1.jpg
ONE OF THESE XD

track-t-800cdi-photo-131646-s-1280x782-photo-455717-s-original.jpg

Track T-800CDI:
Runs on Diesel, Bio-Diesel, or Vegetable Oil, can get up to 100 mpg and can do 115 mph. Certainly I only need to go 30 to outrun a zombie horde.

Also, I happen to live near a body of water. So..
terra-wind-photo-131654-s-1280x782-photo-455728-s-original.jpg

The Terra Wind. Zombies can't swim. :lol:

I will go for one of these. British Army Husky. Variable suspension, armoured windows and passenger compartment, blast proof belly(for booby traps), active shocks. Top Mount for a .50 cal. Plus we have them at work!

REME_VE(R)_502x335.jpg

Wouldn't be the first time I've driven one.

It's not terribly hard to purchase one, and maintenance wouldn't be a huge issue. These old T-55's were designed for the Red Army, which wasn't exactly known for having an amazing infrastructure. They'll effectively run on anything liquid and flammable, and they're both easy to operate and keep running.
Well, a tank is a strong thing, but the tracks durability is limited, and the range is far smaller than a truck's (even if it runs on anything flammable, you have to get a lot of this "anything flammable" somewhere). So I'd rather have this:
KrAZ 255 V1 - the aircraft hauler version, powered with a YaMZ-238L multi-fuel engine (14.9 L V8 OHV). Can consume almost any fuel (including aircraft kerosene).
Kraz_monino.jpg

And not only haulers - some flatbed KrAZes (255 B) had multi-fuel engines, too. A bed would be very useful for us.
1360798579_014.jpg

KrAZ 255 is a really KRAZy truck. :D Can get up on obstacles up to 60cm in height, wade ponds up to 1.5m deep and go straight through trees, fences and police buildings. Very reliable and durable. Almost perfect vehicle for an apocalypse!

If bikes are allowed, give me a BMW R1200GS like the one my dad had a few years ago. Motorcycle gas mileage in something that I was able to ride up a 60-degree incline of wet Michigan clay - it's pretty much the ultimate apocalypse vehicle.
r1200gs_adventure_2545.jpg

I could see maintenance being an issue, but I've still got a stockpile of Beemer parts in my garage, and I've worked on literally every part of the bike on one occasion or another, with the old motorcycle dealership and all.

Back