JockeP22

Robin Trower - In This Place

I mean...Procol Harum, Bridge of Sighs, collaborations such as B.L.T. with Jack Bruce and Bill Lordan, as well as Taxi and Mamouna with Bryan Ferry.

@TexRex Yeah, I dig him too. I was introduced to Bridge of Sighs by a co-worker
some years back. Same guy also introduced me to Camel and Captain Beyond.
I was real glad to find out about Camel through him, their first four or so albums
have got some amazing stuff on them in my opinion.

I just found out today that Robert Plant and Sting will be coming through town this summer, I'll be sure not to miss them. It'll be the second time I go and see Plant, Sting will be a first.

Love, love, love Camel, and Dawn Explosion from Captain Beyond is one of my favorites, particularly "Breath of Fire" (both parts); Bobby Caldwell is another of the truly great drummers.

Lucky you getting to catch both of those acts live; I've seen Sting a couple times but have yet to see Plant.

Sadly, no. Of the "classic" prog acts, I've seen only Rush and Rick Wakeman--I'd love to be able to include Kansas on that list.

@TexRex As good as the Kansas albums are, my favorite Livgren tunes isn't found on any of them.

He made a solo record in '80 that I bought on vinyl, that's my favorite.

51KIX1jKLVL._SY355_.jpg

Two memorable tracks from it:

This one has one of the finest solos I've ever heard and a beautiful vocal and melodic performance by Dio:

@JockeP22 (Are you not getting alerts to my responses because I'm not tagging you?) I can appreciate his other projects, but Kansas is what I immediately associate Livgren with, and if I'd seen him, it'd be because of that association (though post-stroke I could still end up seeing them and not him).

TexRex
Are you not getting alerts to my responses because I'm not tagging you?
I think it's a different worded alert but I do get one. I have wondered myself in the past how the alerts are being distributed since it's possible to reply in two different ways here in the media section.

Gotcha. I just thought I'd ask, since up to this point we're the only participants in the discussion and I thought tagging might be warranted for some reason other than to designate a recipient for the comments.

Media information

Album
Music, Motorsport, Video Games, Comedy, Art, Sports & Misc
Added by
JockeP22
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back