Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
be41d8aaf60fc729f78e8b6edb1183ef.jpg

interlagos_logo.jpg

Welcome to my replica of the Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Former name Autódromo de Interlagos (1940 - 1985)

After it was revealed that this amazing Brazilian racetrack will be included in GT Sport, I decided that I would try to create it myself in the best way possible. After a few failures, I finally got lucky, I choosed a location in the Eifel theme that I have used before, and the result is very very close to the real one, obviously not in looks, but the layout and the elevation change's, with the home final straight a bit off, but overall it does what it is supposed too. All track sites are used in the best areas where possible, and all curbs are correctly laid and placed.

logo.png

Autódromo José Carlos Pace, also known by its former name Interlagos, is a Motorsport Circuit located in the city of São Paulo, in the neighborhood of Interlagos, renamed after José Carlos Pace, a Brazilian Formula One driver who had died in a 1977 plane crash. It is also known for being the venue of the Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix.
It broke ground in 1938, and it opened in 1940. It's former name was Autódromo de Interlagos (1940-1985).
It's current track length is 4.309 km. With 15 turns, and a track width of 13-15 meters.

4016635957_0d862a5388_o.jpg

Major Events: FIA Formula One, Brazilian Grand Prix (1972-1977, 1979-1980 and 1990-present), FIA WEC 6 Hours of São Paulo, Mil Milhas Brazil, Stock Car Brazil, Fórmula Truck, TC 2000, Formula 3 Sudamericana (till 2013), Brazilian Formula Three Championship (2014-present).

Formula One started racing there in 1972, the first year being a non-championship race, won by Argentinean Carlos Reutemann. The first World Championship Brazilian Grand Prix was held at Interlagos in 1973, the race was won by defending Formula One World Champion, and São Paulo local, Emerson Fittipaldi. Fittipaldi won the race again the following year in bad wheather conditions, and the Brazilian driver the track is named after, José Carlos Pace won his only race at Interlagos in 1975.

Ayrton+Senna+vistoriando+as+obras+do+autódromo+em+1989.jpg

-Senna visita as obras de Interlagos, 1989. -Senna is visiting and inspection the Interlagos circuit while the track is being reconstructed in 1989, and he had a finger in the new plans, the first new chicane was his idea, and was named the Senna S.

The track layout, aside from the pit exit being extended along the Curva do Sol over the years, has remained the same since 1990. After the ascendancy of another São Paulo local, Ayrton Senna, negotiations were made to return to Interlagos that year, and it has stayed there ever since.

kartodromo_cordeiro.jpg

The facilities also include a Kart circuit, (Kartódromo Ayrton Senna), named after Ayrton Senna.
It was on that kart circuit a 13 year old Ayrton Senna started his racing career, he also won the race. I hope Polyphony Digital also choose to create the kart circuit to be included in the Senna section in GT Sport.

tracado.jpg

vktMAZWyaWv4LpGW9n_0.png
Enjoy this track:)
Reactions: VelociRaptor
Author
GT6champNK_69
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from GT6champNK_69

Latest reviews

One of the best renditions of this track so far. Major flaws are turn 11 (Bico de Pato), which is blind, and the lack of elevation in thel last part going uphill (Sobida dos Boxes - Arquibancada). Anyway, considering app limitations it's probably the best possible result. Good job.
Nice track to drive.
Need to be learned for time trial as several tight corners are blind.
Need also to stay on the left on last high speed turn to avoid to be pushed in the pit lane or the entrance wall !
Amazing work! The elevations are so much close to real track. I already race there in real life and this is the best version of Interlagos in GT6!
Back