Autodromo do Estoril, Alcabideche-Portugal 16/03/2016

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
The Autódromo do Estoril.

This is my new version of the Autódromo do Estoril, that now has elevation changes.
I was very lucky because it gave me nearly exact elevation. Only three spots are of.
I used a Google map image to draw from, so the radii is correct.
All curbs are carefully laid as accurate as possible.
Track sites and trees are placed were possible.
Even the elevation on the start/finish straight is correct, maybe not in meters, but correct incline.
I'll hope it will be much more appreciated now it has elevation changes.
The real track length is 4.350 km long, my version is 4.338 km long. Only 12 meters shorter.
1049672-circuit-d-estoril.jpg

The Autódromo do Estoril ( officially, Autódromo Fernando Pires da Silva ) is a motorsport race track in Portugal, owned by state-run holding management company Parbública. It's length is 4.182 km (2.599 mi). It was the home of the Formula One Portuguese Grand Prix from 1984 to 1996. The capacity of the motorsport stadium is 45.000. The Circuit has FIA Grade 1 license.
Estoril became a popular event on the F1 calendar, the setting for many well-known moments including Niki Lauda winning the 1984 World Championship, his third and final, from McLaren team mate Alain Prost by just half a point by finishing second to Prost at the 1984 Portuguese Grand Prix. Three times World Champion Ayrton Senna's first F1 win on Sunday April 21 in 1985 for Lotus. Nigel Mansell's notorious black flag incident and subsequent collision with Senna in 1989. Jacques Villeneuve's overtaking of Michael Schumacher around the outside of the final turn Parabolica in 1996. And Riccardo Patrese's being launched airborne in a near-backward flip after coliding with Gerhard Berger on the main straight in 1992.

The Estoril Circuit was built in 1972 on a rocky plateau near the village of Alcabideche, 9 km from the City of Estoril, the beach resort lending it's name to the Circuit. The course has two hairpin turns, noticeable elevation changes, and a long (986 metre) start-finish straight. It's original perimeter was 4.350 km (2.703 mi) and the maximum gradient is nearly 7%.

Throughout the years, Estoril has had numerous problems with safety, failing safety inspections on more than one occasion. After the death of Roland Ratzenberger, and Ayrton Senna at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, a chicane was added which increased the Circuit length to 4.360 km (2.709 mi). Many F1 teams were fond of using Estoril for winter testing.
estoril84.jpg

ayrton_senna__portugal_1985__by_f1_history-d7jnf2c.jpg

deMN2UrDz9W41WYpLf_0.png
Author
GT6champNK_69
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from GT6champNK_69

Latest updates

1. New version of Estoril now with elevation changes.

New update version of Estoril that now has elevation changes. Very close achieved versus the...
  2. yet again updated URL

Try again. Updated the URL.
  3. Changed the URL, now it should work. Enjoy

Only changed the URL, now it should work. Enjoy:cheers::D

Latest reviews

Very fluent racetrack, i liked it! Could you do with elevations this track in this layout? (which is the actual) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/Estoril_track_map.svg
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thanks for this excellent review, I'm glad that you like it. It's much appreciated.
I'll have 7 tracks ready to be uploaded, and I won't create new ones for a while.
Back