Resource icon

Circuit de Bresse 2.1

Length
Theme
Eifel Flat
Length (Unit)
km
Here's my reproduction of Circuit de Bresse main layout. The original is 3km long, mine is slightly longer, mainly because of the starting straight limitations (a bit too long, plus the pits are on the wrong side and will collide with the track layout if the back straight is not lenghtened), but I can attest it feels great, this track being pretty much my track days home course. Kerbs are placed according to the real ones.

Changes regarding the real life track :

- Track widht set to 11 meters (real life average is 12 meters).
- Pit straight is longer.
- 1st corner : added a kerb on the outside as a visual help.
- Back straight is longer. Added a few kerbs on the outside in the braking zone to act as distance marks.
- The right hander after the brack straight should be divided into two 90° corners, but I could only make it a hairpin for that section to be tight enough. The racing line still somewhat ressembles the real one (hit the apex where the kerb is).
- Last hairpin should be really tight, so I tried to cheat by inclunding slight bends right before and after to make the turn feel narrower and force the player to slow down more.
- Last straight is longer. Also added two kerbs outside as distance marks / visual help.
- The very last corner is a bit too rounded to my taste.
- Other general differences : elevation (the back straight begins aat the top of a small hill, but this doesn't effect the drive, I call that neglectible), kerbs are not aggressive enough (especially for the infield chicane, if you go too aggressive on them IRL your inside wheels will get some air, and your outside wheels will then probably get to taste some grass), pits should be on the left.

About the track itself :

The whole complex was built in 2006 near Frontenaud, France. It wasn't built with the purpose of hosting races in mind, so you won't find grandstands or such. There's just an access to the pitbox roof, and an area that goes from turn towards turn 3 where you can go behind the fence to watch.
The main layout itself is pretty technical, with short straights, and tight corners close together : they really jump to your face one after another, and if you go fast enough, you will nearly have no time to place your steering wheel straight in the infield section. It values light cars and handling rather than power, and a well driven hot hatch can give hard times to expensive and powerful cars, making up for the time lost in the straights everywhere else.
The track is flat, with wide run-off zones (mostly grass except for a couple spots), and combined with the layout and the speeds achieved, it is well suited for those who are discovering the joys of track days. But it's also a lot of fun for experimented drivers, especially for those who have low-powered cars.
Fun fact : Michael Schumacher held for some time the lap record on a bike. Sebastien Loeb is also known to train there sometimes. The track is the closest to their Swiss residences.
Author
GT_Alex74
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back