Circuit Park Zandvoort

Circuit Park Zandvoort v.D3.42

As it is, I now have to give it 4.8 stars, so I rounded it up ;)

Just a little more smoothing to some corners(higher resolution asphalt), if you can without breaking the game that would be fantastic and also some considerations in the thread.

Mainly from corner 12 to 13, the road is simply too flat, it needs to climb beginning from middle/end of corner 12
OdeFinn
OdeFinn
Thanks, can you point those rough surface corners so I could check them when repairing this.
I.e. Audi corner is bouncy looking IRL and I left it bit on this too.
I really like the track with all the new added scenery, it needs to be placed, because it is there in real life, and they are also those you recognize the track from, and you use them for braking points as well, very important. What's there in real life, needs to be fitted in your replica to. Great hard Exelent work making this the best version of Circuit Park Zandvoort OdeFinn
OdeFinn
OdeFinn
Thank you, I've used real-world placements on Marshallposts and billboards, first corner billboards are less important, but gap there is important, real-world those are much further away.
Other corner areas billboards are aligned really much in placements where they are IRL, usable for line aiming, apex finding etc, as Marshallposts too.
Few curbs and banking and minor elevations are under investigation and fixing, half meter mis on one curb, few meter mis on other.. I'll do those and then fix more realistic surface shape, i.e. Small dip before first corner etc..
I really like this track, and look forward to the scenery being added. One question, The Eifel logo is hideous, are you able to change the logo to the official Zandvoort logo?
OdeFinn
OdeFinn
Thank you for review, changing logo would be hilarious, but out if my reach. :)
Scenery/decoration is coming when getting time to sit on computer. Probably after that or simultaneously doing done improvements to track also. Minor tweaking.
Wow... The first time I have to comment on anything on this site because this track is sooo good that I really want to contribute to it getting even better.
Three little things prevent me from giving a 5 star rating:

1) Normally I like when there are houses next to the track of Eifel flat as it makes the scenery more interesting. On your track they are a little disturbing as they are soo close to the track and are not there in real life. especially the two houses in "Hugenholzbocht" and the church after "Arie Luyendijkbocht" do not fit there. Maybe you can move the track around a bit to get rid of them. They should vanish if they are too close to the road.

2) The "Tarzanbocht" should have a sandtrap on the outside. In real life it looks much wider and "spacier" for that reason. I think you can change the curve from a guardrail-curve to a sandrap-curve with the new tools.

3) The whole track feels a little too narrow for my liking... especially on the "Kampf der Zwerge" video you can see that it is quite wide in real life... I am sure that this is Polyphony´s fault as their scaling seems a little off... if you set the track to 10m (like I think you did) it is more like 9m of space between the curbs in GT6. I made a picture to show what I mean on the straight right after the "Tarzan":

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Cooya_1/photo/

The BMW is 4.2m long... if you put 2 of them on the track there is almost no space left what makes me think the track is 9m wide instead of 10... You can read about this issue somewhere here in this forum, too ;)

Everything else feels just perfect. I just love how you nailed that rollercoaster feeling all around the track!
OdeFinn
OdeFinn
Thanks for review, glad at you like it too.
1&2) keeping in mind when starting phase 3 (Decoration)
3) real-life track is around 10m, TPE 10m changes after saving on test drive to around 9m, but I know that and used 11m track getting result of around 10m as your picture shows :)
Fight of midgets video is using wide angle fish eye lens, not good for width reference.

Keep eye on this resource and you'll get lot of mentioned things as soon I make them. :)
Great track, great work OdeFinn. Thumps up. Can't wait to see it with those final touches.
I am up and running again, thanks for the advice. Again top notch track.
OdeFinn
OdeFinn
Thanks, it's evolving.. Better again :)
If you find flaws in elevation please freely complain! :)
Can't give it 5 stars, Corner down the pit straight feels way off, It needs to be more like a U turn. I strongly suggest you get better blueprints. but good effort.
OdeFinn
OdeFinn
Thanks, if you mean last turn then it's not a surprise, turn is way longer on my creation than real, editor reserves so big area for s/f-straight and had to stretch realism on some place.
I might check that someday with onboard videos to go closer real shape, but it will still be too long if comparing real.
Tarzan (1st corner) is accurate.
Congratulations, you really nailed it. Now the Tarzan feels like the real thing as well. PD only needs to add the scenery and elevations and done, perfect replica of Zandvoort. You're a legend in my book.
OdeFinn
OdeFinn
Thank you!
I had a trackday here last week with a bmw 325i and you are spot on with the radius and apex of the corners, only the Tarzan could be a lil bit tighter, everything else feels perfect (with a honda hsv-010)
OdeFinn
OdeFinn
@justinternet, thanks!
Gonna check few videos from YouTube if I could improvise that Tarzan. You understand how I had to open first(Tarzan) and last turn to fit all other corners on perfect shape. Sacrificing Tarzan might be prize for this.. :/
Back