Ferrari GTO '84

Ferrari GTO '84

The Ferrari GTO was built to compete in the newly launched tour competition, the Group B FISA (Fédération Internationale du Sport Automobile, the FIA regulatory body or Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile), as was the case with the Ferrari 250 GTO. The regulation of category determines minimum production of 200 approved car which led to 288 GTO for sale to the general public. However, as only Ferrari and Porsche, with its 959 entered, the series was soon abandoned leaving only the Rally Championship Group B. The Porsche 959 (as well as the 961) only ran three times in Group B, but the Ferrari 288 GTO never ran, and 272 cars produced permanceram only on the roads.
ferrari_gto__84_by_strayshadows_d76l4ge.png
Game Version
Controller Type
Steering Wheel
Vehicle Manufacturer
Ferrari
Performance Points
550 PP
Max. Power
491 HP
Weight
1160 kg
Weight Distribution
Displacement
2855 cc
Max. Torque
413 ft-lb
Drivetrain
MR
Tires (Front)
Sports: Soft
Tires (Rear)
Sports: Soft
Wheel Model
BBS RE-MG
Suspension Kit
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Clutch
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Weight Reduction
Stage 2
Other Parts
  1. Racing Brake Kit
  2. Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
Ride Height (Front)
Ride Height (Rear)
Spring Rate (Front)
Spring Rate (Rear)
Dampers - Compression (Front)
Dampers - Compression (Rear)
Dampers - Extension (Front)
Dampers - Extension (Rear)
Anti-Roll Bars (Front)
Anti-Roll Bars (Rear)
Camber Angle (Front)
Camber Angle (Rear)
Toe Angle (Front)
Toe Angle (Rear)
Brake Balance (Front)
Brake Balance (Rear)
Max. Speed
Max. Speed Unit
kph
Initial Torque (Front)
Initial Torque (Rear)
Acceleration Sensitivity (Front)
Acceleration Sensitivity (Rear)
Braking Sensitivity (Front)
Braking Sensitivity (Rear)
Front/Rear Torque Distribution
Power Limiter
100%
Ballast Weight
82 kg
Ballast Position
-5%
ABS Level
Traction Control
  • Ferrari-612-GTO-2-lg.jpg
    Ferrari-612-GTO-2-lg.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 36
Author
xande1959
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.75 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from xande1959

Latest reviews

After driving this tune a couple races, my opinion is that this seems more like an MR drift tune. I've spent several months avoiding that type of driving in pursuit of setting competitive/top 50 ITW lap times. So because of that I am definitely more comfortable with conservative differential tuning, i.e. 5,8,10 I.T.,A.S.,D.C. respectively. This rings true the most when the vehicle being tuned is a lightweight and high-powered MR supercar that doesn't generate downforce as stock (according to GT6 anyway) and is also not compatible with the flat floor or front aero kit. I can see this tune working very well with racing tires as a long legged touring car or a 'production' car alternative to LeMans challenges, what with the car having 1.16kg/hp when fully modified but as this tune sits it does not work for me. Though I normally don't leave any feedback on tunes that seem off to me, I am going to with this one because i know that you're a very advanced racing enthusiast as I've used and succeeded with many tunes of yours before.
My guess is that there's a couple typos in the article, perhaps with the weight balast position? Wondering if 82kgs @-5% is really what you're saying we should do or if you meant -50%. Wish GT-Planet's template for tunes was more defined and clear. It's be nice if they added tips and info snippets with explanations on the effect of changes to this or that.
Thanks for reading!
A very good tune. Plenty of grip. A really enjoyable car to drive. Tried a few tunes for this car & this one is the best so far.
xande1959
xande1959
thanks for driving it in harmony with the circuit shown safe. Welcome my garage
Another top tune, thanks dude...!
xande1959
xande1959
thanks friend
Great traction and feel!So far that car with the wheel was a bit of a handfull for me.With your tune I made the fastest lap at Midfield of all my best 550pp cars!It's a pleasure to drive.Especially at the corner exits I can go full throttle easily.Thank you very much for sharing your tune.You revived that car for my online racing
xande1959
xande1959
prepared this car for Mid-Field circuit, like the acceleration but have to be wide-eyed. as they say an eye on another priest at Mass. thanks for testing it. welcome to my garage
Back