Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
Replica of Imola v1.0
Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari

Here comes the famous Italian former F1 track.

I was always fascinated by the circuit and it's layout. After many attempts I've now been able to create a version which is quite similar to the orginal track. The general height ratios are correct and I've put emphasis on creating the right elevation before and after Piratella (T 8) and down to Rivazza (T 14).

The real homestraight is impossible to be recreated originally and I had to adapt it a bit. The 1st sector is a bit different now, from the finish line to Tamburello (T 2) is a highspeed downhill section with a tricky hidden braking point. The following turns up to T 7 are rather flat similar to the original ones. Out of T 7 there's a steep uphill to Piratella (T 8) which is the highest point of the track.

The Acque Minerali section (T 9 / 10) is quite a challenge with trees on the inside preventing the view to the tight right hander - just like the real thing. After the following straight you are challenged by the tight Variante Alta chicane (T 11 /12) which leads to the last sector of the lap.

The downhill to Rivazza (T 14) is quite remarkable and I was able to recreate it pretty well, including the track gate at T 13 with the curbs beginning there.

v1.0 Release Notes:
  • track length ca. 70 m longer than original
  • accurate route drawn over aerial image
  • chicane (Variante Alta) tight as original
  • 600 m homestraight had to be adapted due to TPE limitations
    (now T 17 is missing and T 1 is different)
  • elevation about 75 % correct, very close to original at the characteristic parts (uphill to T 8, downhill to T 9, downhill to T 13)
  • proper track width (11 m)
  • curbs placed at original positions
  • original track gates before T 8, after T 10 and before T 13
    (the two missing track gates could not be placed due to TPE limitations)
  • trees and grandstands positioned originally where possible to represent the original atmosphere
Have fun racing this fantastic track!

Original onboard lap

Original Track Map

Imola_Map.png

Replica Track Map

Imola_Replica_Map.png

Original Aerial View

Imola_Aerial.jpg
Author
Patrick8308
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Patrick8308

• Road America
    Road America
    Major Update - track length and route revised, track width now 10 m, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Portimao
    Portimao
    Major Update - track length and route revised, removal of chicane, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Swift Motorsports Park
    Swift Motorsports Park
    Fast flowing track with moderate elevation plus an appealing variety of turns.
  • Woodland Dropway
    Woodland Dropway
    Fast, technical, diversified track - sophisticated elevation changes - picturesque woodland scenery
  • Nardò - Handling Track
    Nardò - Handling Track
    Fast Porsche Test Track at South Italy with proper length, similar elevation and wonderful scenery.

Latest reviews

A very good replica ..thankyou
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for rating the track.
Very very good achievement in your making of also my favorite track. I simply think after Tosa, and up to Piratella (slightly different), down to Acque Minerali, up to Variante Alta, down to Rivazza, love that, and the bridge, and the section after Rivazza and up to the start/finish straight is absolutely astonishing. Taking aside the little hump, into Variante Tamborello, that section is good also. So yep, the only section off a bit, is Villeneuve, down to Tosa, well, well achieved.
The four stars rating is because I like the 1994 original layout more. ;)
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for another great review!
I'm glad you like this version of Imola and I can understand you like the old pre 1994 version better.
Back