Replica of Imola v1.0
- Number Of Turns:
- Length (Unit):
Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari
Here comes the famous Italian former F1 track.
I was always fascinated by the circuit and it's layout. After many attempts I've now been able to create a version which is quite similar to the orginal track. The general height ratios are correct and I've put emphasis on creating the right elevation before and after Piratella (T 8) and down to Rivazza (T 14).
The real homestraight is impossible to be recreated originally and I had to adapt it a bit. The 1st sector is a bit different now, from the finish line to Tamburello (T 2) is a highspeed downhill section with a tricky hidden braking point. The following turns up to T 7 are rather flat similar to the original ones. Out of T 7 there's a steep uphill to Piratella (T 8) which is the highest point of the track.
The Acque Minerali section (T 9 / 10) is quite a challenge with trees on the inside preventing the view to the tight right hander - just like the real thing. After the following straight you are challenged by the tight Variante Alta chicane (T 11 /12) which leads to the last sector of the lap.
The downhill to Rivazza (T 14) is quite remarkable and I was able to recreate it pretty well, including the track gate at T 13 with the curbs beginning there.
v1.0 Release Notes:
Have fun racing this fantastic track!
- track length ca. 70 m longer than original
- accurate route drawn over aerial image
- chicane (Variante Alta) tight as original
- 600 m homestraight had to be adapted due to TPE limitations
(now T 17 is missing and T 1 is different)
- elevation about 75 % correct, very close to original at the characteristic parts (uphill to T 8, downhill to T 9, downhill to T 13)
- proper track width (11 m)
- curbs placed at original positions
- original track gates before T 8, after T 10 and before T 13
(the two missing track gates could not be placed due to TPE limitations)
- trees and grandstands positioned originally where possible to represent the original atmosphere
Original onboard lap
Original Track Map
Replica Track Map
Original Aerial View