Replica of Magny-Cours v1.0
- Number Of Turns:
- Length (Unit):
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours
This is a recreation of the former France GP F 1 track.
The shape of the terrain is really close to the original so the elevation is quite similar. The highest points are at Adelaide (T 5) and Chateuaux d' Eau (T 14) while the bottom of the track is at Estoril (T 3).
As a result of that the lap starts with a short left hander (T 2) into a slight downhill section to T 3. The homestraight had to be adjusted and T 1 had to be left out. A long full throttle section leads out of T 3 with a hard braking point before the really tight Adelaide hairpin (T 5). The following downhill up to 180 ° (T 9) is only intercepted by and Ess called Nürburgring (T 7 / 8) which is a little challenge in terms of finding the best and fastest line.
There are several lines possible through 180 ° but the exit is quite crucial as it leads to a longer full throttle uphill section. This one is intercepted by another Ess called Imola (T 12 / 13) which is not easier as the Nürburgring Ess.
Chateuaux d' Eau (T 14) is the 2nd very tight hairpin of the track and leads to the last sector of the lap. You are heading downhill to Lycée Pin (T 15) which is also a rather tight turn. The braking point is a bit tricky to find here. The lap finishes with the tight chicane where you have to find the best line rumbling over the curbs.
v1.0 Release Notes:
Have fun racing this great track!
- track length ca. 45 m longer than original
- proper route drawn over aerial image
- two hairpins Adelaide (T 5) and Chateuaux d' Eau (T 14) plus chicane (T 16/17) tight as original slightly wider than original
- 600 m homestraight had to be adapted due to TPE limitations
(now T 1 is missing and entry to Estoril is adjusted)
- elevation about 90 % correct, really similar to the real track
- proper track width (12 m)
- curbs placed at original positions
- original track gates before and after T 4, after T 11 and after T 14
(one missing track gate not placeable due to TPE limitations)
- grandstands positioned originally where possible
Original onboard lap
Original Track Map
Replica Track Map
Original Aerial View
Only 45 m longer, proper route, adapted homestraight, tight hairpins + chicane, elevation 90 % right