Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
Replica of Magny-Cours v1.0
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours

This is a recreation of the former France GP F 1 track.

The shape of the terrain is really close to the original so the elevation is quite similar. The highest points are at Adelaide (T 5) and Chateuaux d' Eau (T 14) while the bottom of the track is at Estoril (T 3).

As a result of that the lap starts with a short left hander (T 2) into a slight downhill section to T 3. The homestraight had to be adjusted and T 1 had to be left out. A long full throttle section leads out of T 3 with a hard braking point before the really tight Adelaide hairpin (T 5). The following downhill up to 180 ° (T 9) is only intercepted by and Ess called Nürburgring (T 7 / 8) which is a little challenge in terms of finding the best and fastest line.

There are several lines possible through 180 ° but the exit is quite crucial as it leads to a longer full throttle uphill section. This one is intercepted by another Ess called Imola (T 12 / 13) which is not easier as the Nürburgring Ess.

Chateuaux d' Eau (T 14) is the 2nd very tight hairpin of the track and leads to the last sector of the lap. You are heading downhill to Lycée Pin (T 15) which is also a rather tight turn. The braking point is a bit tricky to find here. The lap finishes with the tight chicane where you have to find the best line rumbling over the curbs.

v1.0 Release Notes:
  • track length ca. 45 m longer than original
  • proper route drawn over aerial image
  • two hairpins Adelaide (T 5) and Chateuaux d' Eau (T 14) plus chicane (T 16/17) tight as original slightly wider than original
  • 600 m homestraight had to be adapted due to TPE limitations
    (now T 1 is missing and entry to Estoril is adjusted)
  • elevation about 90 % correct, really similar to the real track
  • proper track width (12 m)
  • curbs placed at original positions
  • original track gates before and after T 4, after T 11 and after T 14
    (one missing track gate not placeable due to TPE limitations)
  • grandstands positioned originally where possible
Have fun racing this great track!

Original onboard lap

Original Track Map

Magny-Cours_Map.png

Replica Track Map

Magny-Cours_Replica_Map.png

Original Aerial View

Magny-Cours_Aerial.jpg
Author
Patrick8308
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
3.50 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Patrick8308

• Road America
    Road America
    Major Update - track length and route revised, track width now 10 m, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Portimao
    Portimao
    Major Update - track length and route revised, removal of chicane, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Swift Motorsports Park
    Swift Motorsports Park
    Fast flowing track with moderate elevation plus an appealing variety of turns.
  • Woodland Dropway
    Woodland Dropway
    Fast, technical, diversified track - sophisticated elevation changes - picturesque woodland scenery
  • Nardò - Handling Track
    Nardò - Handling Track
    Fast Porsche Test Track at South Italy with proper length, similar elevation and wonderful scenery.

Latest updates

1. Adaped radii to avoid buggy red laps and keep racing guideline working

Thanks to a helpful advice of @gt6champnk69 I recognized that the original version with the...

Latest reviews

Top effort love it thank you. My version sacked
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for the rating. I'm glad Magny-Cours found some supporter too.
I've always liked your courses, but this one for me is way off. Magny Cours doesnt have much in the way of elevation and didnt feel or look like Magny Cours at all in my opinion. I think it would have been better suited on Eifel Flat...sorry
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Well thanks that you like my other tracks but your estimation for that one isn't comprehensible to me. Actually Magny-Cours has quite some elevation, e.g. some heights above sea level (from Google Earth): Estoril - 207 m, Adelaide - 236 m, Nürburgring - 220 m, 180 ° - 212 m, Imola - 230 m, Chateaux d' Eau - 237 m, Lycée Pin - 217 m. So in my opinion Eifel flat would model the real track worse. The incline values of the replica may differ a bit from the original ones but the overall elevation should be similar. I've managed to position 4 of 5 gates correctly, some grandstands as well. Therefor I do think that this version replicates the original not as bad as you are estimating. Anyways, thanks for testing the track and I hope you will like my future creations better again.
Back