Resource icon

Mercedes-Benz SLR 722 GT Race Car Replica

Link to the full tutorial on how to turn your premium SLR into a hardcore race replica of the 722 GT :

Enjoy this rival to the Zonda R, FXX and Furai. :D
Game Version
Vehicle Manufacturer
Mercedes-Benz
Performance Points
625 PP
Max. Power
670 HP
Weight
1311 kg
Weight Distribution
Author
CORRUPTEDDISC
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from CORRUPTEDDISC

Latest reviews

Was very cautious when I saw this tune as I have been tuning my SLR '09 without the wings etc. Found the car to be good, but not outstanding.

Then came your tune.

First off, it doesn't like street circuits and the car doesn't like to change direction as quick as you would expect on these types of circuits. BUT, it loves the pure race circuits where it can just open everything up and go hard. It absolutely loves Bathurst.

The first thing I noticed was that the 5 speed gearbox was a bit lazy to get to its best, so I played around with the ratios and the final gear and found the sweet spot.

The car turns in absolutely beautifully and stops so well. Just a hint of mid-corner understeer, but this is fixed by braking a bit earlier to give the front end a better chance to find its grip.

You can't treat this car badly. You need to be precise, brake at the right time, and pick your apexes perfectly. Then you will be rewarded.

I really am impressed with this tune. I thought I could tune a car, but you are on another level. Going to your Lexus LFA now to see how I can improve my tune.

Great job my friend. Hope there are many more tunes.
C
CORRUPTEDDISC
There are indeed many more tunes in a similar vein to this on my channel (150+ replicas and custom 'what could have happened?' builds alone), and thanks for the feedback.

It certainly is a brute, and I'm glad that you both enjoyed it, AND altered it to your own style, as I encourage all users of my builds to do.
Back