Mika Häkkinen's Kart Center 2016-03-19

Length
Theme
Andalusia
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
mi
Mika Häkkinen has built a kart track in Andalusia, Spain, together with
three other investors who wish to remain anonymous.

Video of Häkkinen racing at his kart track is under the Discussion tab above accompanied by the "Häkkinen song".

Häkkinen:
I've always wanted to own a kart track in this part of the world and everything has gone exactly according to plan. I designed the whole track myself one day in the sauna. Really pleased with how it turned out and the people of Andalusia has been very friendly during construction.
I hope kart drivers from all over the world will enjoy what the track has to offer.

mika corners.jpg

Häkkinen explains the track:

1. McLaren straight
I named it the McLaren straight in honor of the team I had most success with. We were like a family in McLaren, all working together for the common goal of winning championships. This straight is a good opportunity to take a few deep breaths before the intense lap starts all over again.

2. Dennis corner
Fairly easy corner at 90% but easy to make a mistake if you're going 100%. Named after my old team boss Ron.

3. "C" corner
No clever meaning behind the letter C. It just looks like a C.

4. Mercedes straight
Mercedes powered me to my two WDC's so therefore I named this straight after them.

5. Takagi corner
Takagi was someone I raced against for two years in Formula One, the two years I was champion in fact. He was a backmarker in the Tyrrell and Arrows back then but I was really impressed with his speed. He did the best he could and this corner is named after him.

6. "3" section
It looks like the number 3 from above.
Again not a very clever title.

7. Senna esses
My old teammate Ayrton, one of the best definitely.
This section, just like the esses in Suzuka, is named after him.

8. Coulthard straight
David and I were teammates for many years in Formula One, this straight is for him. He was here just last week when we paved the straight and inspected the surface. He approved.

9. Frentzen corner
Heinz-Harald was one of my competitors for the title in '99.
Medium-difficult corner which leads to the very tricky following corner.

10. Schumacher corner
My greatest rival, Michael. This is a very difficult corner to get right, just as difficult as it was to fight with Michael on the track. This corner is named after him and I hope to see him again some day all recovered from his skiing accident.

11. Alesi corner
Turns slightly before the McLaren straight and you need to watch the back end or it will start sliding. Jean was a hell of a driver who could manage a slide like no one else.

There is also a Time Trial for this track using the shifter kart:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1001609/event/1066108/
Go for it.

Mika and his 125cc shifter kart in action:

dy8djCleAfd4jcn6Si_0.jpg
Author
JockeP22
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating