Length
Theme
Andalusia
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km

Oakhill-Road-logo.png

Oakhill-Road-elevation.png

For this track I returned to the 1.0.0 version of the Track Path Editor, to allow for a bumpier road. There are several small bumps and three big jumps (see the chart above: the labels in red indicate jumps). The road is narrow, but relatively straight (similar to real roads) and the speed is high throughout most of the track, my Lancia Delta averages over 150 km/h on comfort soft tyres.

Two things to consider when driving this track for the first time:
  1. After three kilometers there is a sharp turn to the left followed by a sudden drop. Don't go too fast through the corner, it's important that the car is steady and pointing straight forward when you go over the crest.
  2. When approaching the last corner of the track, there is a jump right in the middle of the braking zone - make sure you brake hard before the crest, as it may take some time to regain traction after you have landed.

The track is well suited for cars at about 400 to 450 performance points, although it's fun with slower cars as well. Faster cars can be a bit terrifying, I'd recommend using gripper tyres for those and not going full speed over the biggest jumps.

The track was inspired by a drive on rural roads during the Easter holidays, although those roads were only 4 meters wide and rather than dry and grippy tarmac it was gravel, mud, snow and ice. The corner radii, bank angle, length of the straights and bumps and jumps are pretty accurate though. :D
Author
eran0004
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from eran0004

Latest updates

1. Update: remodelled corners

This update has remodelled corners: Euler spirals have been added for curvature transition...
  2. Changes 2016-06-26

Changes in this version: The end of the track was changed to allow a larger radius final turn...

Latest reviews

I love this track; fast and lumpy. I agree with the PP limitations suggested for the most fun.
Excellent track, rewards nerve, precision and control
I love all the versions you've done on this. This one is the most raceable. Great work.
This is big business. Wow, amazingly astonishing race track. It suits my driving style to the maximum limit. I simply can't stop driving slow, and admire the beautiful background and scenery. One of the houses has its own parking lot.
Congratulations, and we'll earned selection of the track of the week, I voted on yours. Thanks for sharing it, big fun and challenging. :)
Wow, what a fun and exciting track. I literally spend an hour on it last night. Getting a rythm over the bumps was a great challenge!
I really love this track, the bumps and the objects makes the track more exciting! :)
Back