Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
Here comes the "Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, Victoria, Australia
Phillip Island Circuit.

I wanted to try this beautiful and fabulous race track located along the coast.
After watching some videos on YouTube, I tried several locations in Eifel, until I finally got what I was aiming for, "as close to the original, and of course, the elevation changes".
I got the exact elevation changes than the real track, maybe a little bit more in total meters, and if only there were a big lake in Eifel it would have been absolutely astonishing.
I managed to come really close to the real track length (4.445km). My version is (4.467km).

The specification's of the track:

• Managed to place the iconic bridge on the beginning of the start and finish straight.
  • Managed to place the other to bridges at the exact spots.
  • Managed to place some of the trees along site the track in the right places, and some close to right positions.
  • Other track sites like "tribunes, tents, marshal posts, and signs" are placed were possible.
  • All curbs are laid as accurate as possible.
  • Used 12 meters track wide.
I hope my contribution and my work pays off, and you all will like my version:cheers:I

pi_logo.png

'The Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit is a motor racing circuit on Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia. The current layout was first used in 1956.
Road Circuit.
Motor racing on Phillip Island began in 1928 with the running of the 100 Miles Road Race, an event which has since become known as the first Australian Grand Prix.
It utilised a high speed rectangle of local closed-off public roads with four similar right hand corners. The course length varied, with the car course approximately 6 miles (9.7km) per lap, compared to the motorcycle circuit which was approximately 10 miles (16km) in length. The circuit was the venue for the Australian Grand Prix through to 1935 and it was used for the last time on 6 May 1935 for the Jubilee Day Races.
Grand Prix Circuit.

In 1951, a group of six local businessmen decided to build a new track. About 2km away from the original circuit, it still bears the corner name signs of the original circuit.
As the piece of available land was on the edge of the coast, the track is known for its steep grades - the highest 57 meters - which caused coast overruns and delays in track opening.
The new track was opened in 1956 and in 1960 the first Armstrong 500 production car race was held at the circuit.
Extensive damage resulted from running of the 1962 Armstrong 500, and, with the circuit owners unable to finance repairs, the circuit was closed and the race was moved to the Mount Panorama Circuit at Bathurst in New South Wales, to eventually become known as the Bathurst 1000.
The circuit reopened in October 1967 and hosted the Phillip Island 500k endurance race, a round of the Australian Manufacturers' Championship, from 1971 to 1977.
The race was also a round of the Australian Touring Car Championship in 1976 and 1977. But again, due to its testing terrain, the circuit required significant maintenance and slowly declined through the 1970s. It was farmed by its owners while closed and was then sold in 1985 in preparation for reopening, but did not do so until 1988.
1988 - present.
The circuit was refurbished with a reduced length of 4.445 kilometers and was reopened on 4 December 1988 for the final round of the 1988 Swann Insurance International Series for motorcycles.
Lap records:

Racing cars: 1:24.221 (Simon Wills, Reynard 94D Holden, 2000, Formula Holden).
Touring Cars: 1:32.0246 (Jamie Whincup, Holden VF Commodore, 2013, V8 Supercars).
Sports Cars: 1:25.9294 (James Winslow, Radical SR8 Suzuki, 2013, Groub 2A Sports Cars).
Motorcycles: 1:28.108 (Marc Márquez, Honda RC213V, 2013, MotoGP).

world-superbike-extends-partnership-with-the-phillip-island-circuit-55869_1.jpg

Down below is the image I used to draw from in Eifel Theme:

Phillip_Island.jpg

520px-Phillip_Island_Grand_Prix_Circuit.svg.png

Ending result image of my version of Philip Island Grand Prix Circuit:

NTmJ4sQNrm543TZJvr_0.png

Hope you will enjoy racing on this replica circuit:cheers::gtpflag:
Author
GT6champNK_69
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.67 star(s) 6 ratings

More resources from GT6champNK_69

Latest reviews

Very fast track with almost perfect elevation changes (turns 9 and 10 are really close to the real). 4 stars only because in my opinion turn 11 ruins it all, coming on a hilltop you suddenly find you have no grip and it's pretty easy to lose control up there.
excellent for drifting ))
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thank you mate. Glad to know my track works for drifting. Bammm, thanks for 5 stars rating. :)
Great replica of Phillip Island which captures the original feeling quite well. The elevation may be a bit too intense here and there but overall it's really good. Especially my favourite part of the original track - T 9 to T 12 - feels damn right in your version. Great work mate!
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thank you so much Patrick, I'm proud that you like it. I think with the tool I have, it's my best in terms of getting the right elevation changes. Yeah those turns actually was the ones that surprised me the most when I test drove it. Thank you mate
Awesome mate, love it. I thought my version was pretty good but yours is better. Nailed the undulations, the track has a great feel and flow and most realistic I've driven on. Top job another brilliant track from yourself cheers.
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thanks a lot mate. ✌on behave of your wonderful review, I am honored that you like it, it makes me much happy. I think it's the first time I come across a review on some of the tracks from TPE, being claimed 'realistic'!!!. Thanks mate
What a fabulous track! I can't comment on the realism, but this is a real high-speed rollercoaster, with long sweeping turns that somehow require a very precise line to get the best exit, despite the relatively wide track. The corners have a great flow one into the next, and there always seems to be a little crest or tightening to challenge the driver.

The track is also very scenic, unraveling ahead through your windscreen, believably integrated into the surrounding landscape with some great views and plenty of scenery, making each corner feel distinct, easy to learn, and with a real sense of place.

I've been running a 512BB with CS tyres, giving some fantastic battles with the AI; I'm sure it would be great online too.
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thank you so much for this uplifting review, and of your high rating of my track; "wow"!!!.
I'm overwhelmed and overjoyed that others like myself like my created tracks.
Again thank you very much, it's much appreciated.
This was great fun. Used the Single Player mode (Arcade Mode in early GT games) and did a Single Race of 5 laps. Used the Greaves Motorsport P2 thing, tuned to 600pp on RH tyres. Huge fun.

Watched quite a few motorbike races around here. The elevation changes you've achieved are impressive. You can't get them exactly right in GT6, naturally, this does make the recognisable though.

Good use of scenery to mark the turns and make each one feel different. Could you use the thin metal gantry across the GT6 sector timing lines, even if that's less authentic?
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thank you for your kind and uplifting review. I'm totally with you on the elevation changes, actually I got very surprised, this final version was my third attempt, and I used a video of the actual Phillip Island as reference, and I think I came as close as possible on the use of the Track Path Editor's ability. Great choice of car, I'm glad that it was fun and that you are fund of my track, it's much appreciated. Hope you will try more of my tracks. Thank you mate. Good review
Back