Resource icon

[R] Concept Car (GT1)

full

So this is the culmination of many years trying to figure out how to drive this car. It all started with attempts to fix the persistent bottoming out. When they got fixed, with putting the Dampers at their lowest level, the fun and games really began. The first major breakthrough came when I started experimenting with the Stabilizer settings about a month ago, and finding out that putting them at their lowest setting gave incredible stability and rather impressive tire wear, even if it meant now there was quite the bit of understeer on the transition for S-Bends and on corner exit.

By this point I was like, "Light Speed is too slow" and so is Ridiculous Speed; the next part of the setup I did work on was the Spring Rates to try and iron out that Understeer so what ended up resulting is the current rates with the front being at the max and the rear being near the bottom. It was a step in the right direction but there was still a bunch of understeer. It was going into the mid-43 second range at High Speed Ring with a bunch of effort trying to make it not go up the hill at turn 5. Adding a whole bunch of camber to the front wheels really made this setup pop, to me it's very stable and very consistent now. And oh yeah, it's Ludicrously fast.

The only real issue with the setup right now is that it does get pretty bouncy on corners that go up hill, the first sector of Trial Mountain and the back half of Deep Forest are where this setup might have issues if you attack the track too much. But otherwise, have fun and gotta go fast.

(If anyone asks, yes this is a setup for Gran Turismo 1. Stiggy and I thought it was a good idea to post it here. I would love to see this resource grow to include support for the older GT games. And yes, that torque value is what the game says when you go to the Spec screen. And I have no idea what it's PP would be in GT6 terms.)
Game Version
Controller Type
Game Controller
Vehicle Manufacturer
Dodge
Performance Points
850 PP
Max. Power
560 HP
Weight
603 kg
Weight Distribution
Displacement
2687 cc
Max. Torque
3180.3 ft-lb
Drivetrain
FR
Tires (Front)
Racing: Soft
Tires (Rear)
Racing: Soft
Custom Parts (Other)
Brake Controller
Front Stabilizer: Hard
Rear Stabilizer: Hard
Suspension Kit
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Ride Height (Front)
Ride Height (Rear)
Spring Rate (Front)
Spring Rate (Rear)
Dampers - Compression (Front)
Dampers - Compression (Rear)
Anti-Roll Bars (Front)
Anti-Roll Bars (Rear)
Camber Angle (Front)
Camber Angle (Rear)
Brake Balance (Front)
Brake Balance (Rear)
Transmission (1st Gear)
Transmission (2nd Gear)
Transmission (3rd Gear)
Transmission (4th Gear)
Transmission (5th Gear)
Transmission (6th Gear)
Transmission (Final Gear)
Transmission (Additional Comments & Instructions)
Set the ratios first before the final drive. Change the Final Drive as necessary depending on track.
Power Boost Level
0%
Downforce (Front)
Downforce (Rear)
Author
Crashbroke23
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Latest reviews