Sachsenring, Germany 28/03/2016

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
The Sachsenring, Germany.

This is my version of Sachsenring. I got really lucky with the elevation changes, some of the iconic features of elevation got very close, and very similar to the real one.
The only part being off, is the last straight before start/finish straight.
All track sites are placed were possible.
All curbs are carefully laid as accurate as possible.
I used a Google map image to draw from, giving exact radii.
It is also one of my best creations so far.
I'll hope you all will like it.:)

250px-Sachsenring_(Schaltung).svg.png

The Sachsenring (German pronanciation: ('zaksenrin) racing circuit is located in Hobenstein-Ernstthal near Chemnitz in Saxony, Germany. Among other events, it features the annual German Motorcycle Grand Prix of the FIM Grand Prix Motorcycle Racing World Championship.
HISTORY:
The first race was held on 26 May, 1927 on a 8.7 km layout on public roads, running also through the village of Hobenstein-Ernstthal itself. It was dubbed "Sachsenring" in 1937.
In 1990, with faster western machinery now available, racing through the village became too dangerous with some fatalities (this can be compared with the Isle Of Man TT).
To accelerate redevelopment of eastern Germany in the new unified Germany, a 2.9 km (1.8 mi) short track "berg corner" was built in the 1990s to bring international motorsport to the newly freed eastern part of Germany. Since 1998, the German Motorcycle Grand Prix moved to the Sachsenring from Nürburgring. In recent years, the track has been made faster and longer again, with the length now being 3.670 km. In 2011 the FIA GT1 World Championship will hold one of its race weekends at the Sachsenring.

2014-motogp-sachsenring-circuit-modifies-turn-11-for-lower-speeds_4.jpg

sachsenring-grand-prix-3538-image-small.png

The finishing result:..
wQh6ApvsYQIOOgOA1_0.png

:cheers::gtpflag:
Author
GT6champNK_69
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from GT6champNK_69

Latest reviews

Awesome, addicting course. Fav of the week ;)
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
What an uplifting review, thank you very much, I'm glad that you like it, and even your favorite.
Thanks for the five stars mate:-)
Almost perfect replica. Great job with the elevations and track width :)
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thank you so much for your positive review. I'm glad you like it, because it's my best creation alongside "Bilster Berg Drive Resort". :-)
Back