Seattle City

Seattle City Version 3.2

Absolutely brilliant! Version 3.2 is the best attempt I've seen at this in GT6 by a long way. The elevation matching is uncanny. Corner apex lengths are much better. Sequences flow more like I remember.

550pp Ford GT40 Mark 1 1966 on Sports Hard tyres to be a little like the GT2 license test. The difference in physics has to be accounted for in the driving. A more patient driving style is required compared to GT2, of course. Especially in the traction areas - GT2 was very button friendly for traction.

Initiating the turn-in phase quite early and holding tight through the middle of each turn increases the rotation on Andalucia tracks. There is a subtle crown to the road which must be used accurately to unlock the full potential of a car around here. It's a challenge but an authentic one, mixing the wild choice of location from GT2 with the sophisticated dynamics model of GT6.

This will definitely feature in my custom track club soon!

Time trial for 550pp American cars with scoreboards tracking different drive types and eras, open for a couple of months. That would allow old muscle cars, racing cars and more modern machinery to compete separately for their respective bragging rights on this excellent replica.
BarneyA
BarneyA
Many thanks for your fantastic review and rating, Please let me know when you are holding the 550pp time trials.
Fantastic build! The iconic uphill section is surprisingly good. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car '69 got a fair bit of air over the final part but there's enough braking distance before the next corner.

In GT2 (the actual origins on this track) hard-tuned cars would be airborne for so long there was no way to slow for the turn.

That raises a minor issue: the track feels 10% to 20% too long. That's why there is a sufficient landing zone. But worse, sadly: corner apex points are far too long in key places.

Also, the exit to the final sector bus stop section should be much more open than the entry. The offset for these chicanes should not be so big, too. Overall the track just feels too big - but the width is a perfect balance between the huge freeway sections and tighter city sections of the original.

Tightening the track would be yet another complete rebuild? You could absorb the over-long pit straight by making the back straight too long. They are nearly parallel. And the back straight always felt ultra fast due to it being downhill all the way - with a steep middle section.

To get so much of the original feel into a track on existing terrain is hugely impressive. Easily 4 stars in this form. Would be an easy 5 stars with corrected scale and with the original's increasing-radius sections made more pronounced to suit GT6 physics.
BarneyA
BarneyA
working on version 4
Back