Sendai Hi-Land Raceway v1.0

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
Replica of Sendai Hi-Land Raceway v1.0

Here’s my recreation of the wonderful circuit in northern Japan.

The track was damaged by the 2011 earthquakes and is permanently closed since September 2014. There are plans to turn the land into a solar-power park now.

Besides the All-Japan GT championship and the Super Taikyu endurance series no major championship racing was held at Sendai. Still it was used for club racing, testing and manufacturer days. Also the circuit was used extensively in the development of the latest version of the Nissan GT-R.

The track was built on the site of an entertainment complex and opened in 1986. While the home- and backstraights are rather flat the rest of the course wounds around the hillside. The route rises from T 7 to T 9 so the top of the track is after T 9. Some pretty tricky dropping turns (T 10/11 and T 13/14) lead down the valley again.

The circuit can be described as rather technical but also includes high speed sections.

v1.0 Release Notes:
  • proper track width (12 m)
  • track length ca. 140 m longer than original
  • home- and backstraight had to be lengthened due to TPE 600 m force
  • accurate route drawn over aerial image with some adjustments from T 7 to T 9 to depart from flanking track parts
  • correct radii for every turn thanks to an available radii map
  • overall elevation very similar to original with only some differences
  • curbs placed at original positions
  • some tents placed to represent track facilities like parking lots or houses
  • many trees and banks visualize the original atmosphere
Enjoy racing at Sendai Hi-Land Raceway!

Original Track onboard lap

Original Track Map

Sendai_Map.png

Replica Track Map

Sendai_Replica_Map.png
Author
Patrick8308
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from Patrick8308

• Road America
    Road America
    Major Update - track length and route revised, track width now 10 m, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Portimao
    Portimao
    Major Update - track length and route revised, removal of chicane, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Swift Motorsports Park
    Swift Motorsports Park
    Fast flowing track with moderate elevation plus an appealing variety of turns.
  • Woodland Dropway
    Woodland Dropway
    Fast, technical, diversified track - sophisticated elevation changes - picturesque woodland scenery
  • Nardò - Handling Track
    Nardò - Handling Track
    Fast Porsche Test Track at South Italy with proper length, similar elevation and wonderful scenery.

Latest reviews

Absolutely first class - love this track. Great job mate!
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks Joe! Great to hear such a fast driver like you worships a track of mine. Your rating is much apreciated - especially since Sendai is rather unknown. But I think it's a really fine track and tried to replicate it as good as possible.
Great track thank you. Your tracks are always top class having alot of enjoyment racing on this. Cheers
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Really good to hear that. Thanks for the review.
Nice work on your version of this track. I like turn 1,2,3, and 4,5,6,7,8,13,14,16,17.
I made this myself long ago without elevation, I most say, it's much better with.
Great little race track, great for Track day meetings online, testing tunes, and club racing.
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for the very positive review!
Back