Sonoma Raceway

Sonoma Raceway 2.0

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
mi
That darn 600m front straight makes Sonoma Raceway impossible by any stretch of the imagination, so I've set out to try and get as much of the experience of the elevation changes as possible.

I went to Skip Barber school at Sonoma Raceway, so I have first-hand knowledge of the track. I think I've done a pretty good job finding the elevation for turns 1 to 7 except for a couple of severe drops before and after turn 3 (catching air). I'll have to tweak the angles and positions of the turn points to try and smooth out the drops. But if i can do that it will be pretty true up to turn 7.

I'll have to compromise on turns 9 to 12 to deal with that 600m front straight. I really hope PD lets us change the front straight and maybe make the pits a separate piece.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

!! UPDATE - Oct 14th !!

So after many attempts, the terrain between 2 and 4 won't cooperate, the course editor just won't smooth out the transitions enough to make it workable. I will have to abandon this location, and try somewhere else.

!! UPDATE - Oct 17th !!

The course is now drivable with good elevation for turns 2 - 6.
Author
motzkopf
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from motzkopf

Latest updates

1. Drivable Version

So after looking for a better location, I couldn't find one, so I massaged the track into place...
Back