Resource icon

Sonoma / Sears Point /Infineon - WITH HILLS 2015-10-09

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
mi
I didn't hold out much hope for this as I laid it down, but by crikey, it's a corker.

For those bored of flat Sears Point traces, here's a constructed track on the Eifel hillside with much of the character of the original bursting through.

It's 11.5m wide, so you can race a few things on it. I tested it with NASCARs and they're hairy, but they always are! It's a great fast sportscar/supercar or GT500 track, just as hairy as the GT4 version.

Have fun!

As with all tracks I will upload here, kerbstones are placed to suggest track position and braking points. You will note the GT6 racing line and brake suggestions are a little crazy in places! TRUST THE KERBS.

Don't message me about gaps in the kerbing. They may be there for a reason...

Also check out V2 of the track, which lengenths and smoothes out the last hairpin... and adds the Stockcar variant.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/sonoma-infineon-sears-point-stockcar-with-hills-v2.2858/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/sonoma-infineon-sears-point-sportscar-with-hills-v2.2857/
  • 8soofcZNAWE8zdyC0_0[1].png
    8soofcZNAWE8zdyC0_0[1].png
    2.2 KB · Views: 47
Author
Venari
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.67 star(s) 6 ratings

More resources from Venari

Latest reviews

As far as capturing "the character" of the original, this is quite spot on! The corners are instantly recognizable, especially at the start, and it's quite a fun ride. Nicely done!
A very good version of Sonoma, the elevation changes are mostly spot on, I'm taking off a star as the pit-lane is on the wrong side of the track.
Venari
Venari
Heh, I never even thought of that! Thanks for your review - don't forget to check out the V2 versions of the tracks (including the stock car layout)
I know the track from GT4, known as Infineon Raceway. Even the elevation a placed very accurate, which was the hardest part for sure! Well done!
Well design elevation change and fast corners. Great work (- :
A great deal of fun. Curbs are a bit low in a couple places and there are two bumps which will unsettle a stiffly sprung car pretty good. Fun-fun-fun!
Brilliant and an immediate favourite. Download this one now, you won't be sorry :-) The accuracy or otherwise doesn't matter, this is a great track no matter what you happen to be driving.
Back