Sonoma / Sears Point /Infineon - WITH HILLS 2015-10-09

Nailed the contours - they really work IMO!

1. Venari
    Theme:
    Eifel
    Number Of Turns:
    Length:
    Length (Unit):
    mi
    I didn't hold out much hope for this as I laid it down, but by crikey, it's a corker.

For those bored of flat Sears Point traces, here's a constructed track on the Eifel hillside with much of the character of the original bursting through.

It's 11.5m wide, so you can race a few things on it. I tested it with NASCARs and they're hairy, but they always are! It's a great fast sportscar/supercar or GT500 track, just as hairy as the GT4 version.

Have fun!

As with all tracks I will upload here, kerbstones are placed to suggest track position and braking points. You will note the GT6 racing line and brake suggestions are a little crazy in places! TRUST THE KERBS.

Don't message me about gaps in the kerbing. They may be there for a reason...

Also check out V2 of the track, which lengenths and smoothes out the last hairpin... and adds the Stockcar variant.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/sonoma-infineon-sears-point-stockcar-with-hills-v2.2858/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/sonoma-infineon-sears-point-sportscar-with-hills-v2.2857/

Images

1. 8soofcZNAWE8zdyC0_0[1].png

Recent Reviews

1. Pywackett
    Pywackett
    5/5,
    Version: 2015-10-09
    As far as capturing "the character" of the original, this is quite spot on! The corners are instantly recognizable, especially at the start, and it's quite a fun ride. Nicely done!
  2. Retro Racer
    Retro Racer
    4/5,
    A very good version of Sonoma, the elevation changes are mostly spot on, I'm taking off a star as the pit-lane is on the wrong side of the track.
    1. Venari
      Author's Response
      Heh, I never even thought of that! Thanks for your review - don't forget to check out the V2 versions of the tracks (including the stock car layout)
  3. Kazuya720
    Kazuya720
    5/5,
    I know the track from GT4, known as Infineon Raceway. Even the elevation a placed very accurate, which was the hardest part for sure! Well done!
  4. Fc3sXeno9
    Fc3sXeno9
    5/5,
    Well design elevation change and fast corners. Great work (- :
  5. RampageRacing
    RampageRacing
    4/5,
    A great deal of fun. Curbs are a bit low in a couple places and there are two bumps which will unsettle a stiffly sprung car pretty good. Fun-fun-fun!
  6. OGGamer
    OGGamer
    5/5,
    Brilliant and an immediate favourite. Download this one now, you won't be sorry :-) The accuracy or otherwise doesn't matter, this is a great track no matter what you happen to be driving.