Sportsland SUGO v1.0

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
Replica of Sportsland SUGO v1.0

This is my replica of the fantastic track at a rural hillside setting in northern Japan.

The circuit was designed and is owned by Yamaha Motor Company. It opened in 1975 as a test and race facility. While SUGO was primarily used as a motorcycle venue in its early years by the mid-80s car racing got more and more popular. Therefor the lower half of track was renovated and extensively modified in 1987.

From 1988 to 2003 the World Superbike Championship was hosting annual events at SUGO and 1988 the Formula 3000 debuted at the circuit. Besides this series (which was called Formula Nippon later and nowadays is referred to Super Formula) the track continues to host Super GT, the Super Taikyu endurance series and the All Japan Road Race Championship for motorcycles.

In my opinion SUGO is an amazing track with a fantastic flow and great character. It has fairly a lot elevation changes and I guess I was able to catch the original feel quite well.

The lap starts with two similar right-handers leading to the inner loop. Going out of the Hairpin Curve the route rises and leads through the tricky S-Shape Curve to the Hi-Point Corner. On the rather steep downhill backstraight high speeds can be achieved so you better don’t miss the braking point before Horseback Corner. The following section with SP In and SP Out has a great flow and leads to the lowest part of the track. The lap ends with a fast sweeping uphill final corner which is more technical than you might think. There’s only gentle braking before 110R Corner and maybe some throttle-lift before mid-corner needed. But it’s crucial to keep the speed as high as possible as the final corner rises to the long homestraight. It feels simply great if you hit that section on a perfect fast line.

v1.0 Release Notes:
  • proper track width (10 m)
  • track length only 25 m longer than original
  • accurate route drawn over aerial image
  • correct radii for every turn thanks to an available radii map
  • elevation correctness > 90 %
  • only Rainbow Corner and Backstretch Corner differ slightly
  • characteristic track gate at begin of homestraight placed almost correctly but causes a small dip in terrain
  • curbs placed at original positions
  • some tents placed to represent track facilities like parking lots or houses
  • many trees and banks signify the original atmosphere
  • spectacular views going down the backstraight and heading 110R Corner
Have fun racing at the wonderful Sportsland SUGO!

Original Track onboard lap

Thanks to @JockeP22 who has recorded this video of a race around beautiful Sugo at Makeshift Shuffle Club with some guest appearances of guys usually racing at Racers Reunited Club.

Original Track Map

Sugo_Map.png

Replica Track Map

Sugo_Replica_Map.png

Original Aerial View

Sugo_Aerial.jpg
Reactions: GT6champNK_69
Author
Patrick8308
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Patrick8308

• Road America
    Road America
    Major Update - track length and route revised, track width now 10 m, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Portimao
    Portimao
    Major Update - track length and route revised, removal of chicane, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Swift Motorsports Park
    Swift Motorsports Park
    Fast flowing track with moderate elevation plus an appealing variety of turns.
  • Woodland Dropway
    Woodland Dropway
    Fast, technical, diversified track - sophisticated elevation changes - picturesque woodland scenery
  • Nardò - Handling Track
    Nardò - Handling Track
    Fast Porsche Test Track at South Italy with proper length, similar elevation and wonderful scenery.

Latest reviews

Yes, finally a proper creation with correct elevation. It's the best so far of my personal favorite track, "The Sportsland Sugo". Blistering good job on this one. The differing are so tiny that I can't believe it, other than "Wow"!!!....Thank you for sharing this one.
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for that wonderful review! I have to say that SUGO is the replica I'm most satisfied with so far as it's pretty close to the orginal. I was lucky to find a good spot at the Eifel terrain. Enjoy racing this track.
Back