Wicklow Circuit

Wicklow Circuit 1.0

Length
Theme
Eifel Flat
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
This is a recreation of a real-life circuit in my hometown that hosted an annual Formula Libre event called the Leinster Trophy between 1950 and 1957, among its winners 1958 F1 World Champion Mike Hawthorn. It was fast and dangerous as you might expect from a 1950s road circuit. Not surprisingly, it saw fatalities, such as British sports car racer Don Beauman in the 1955 event.

The real-life layout

Due to the limitations of the Eifel Flat theme, the circuit of course does not feature the elevation changes present in its real-life counterpart and the pit-lane is on the wrong side of the track. Also, the main straight is too long. This being the first version there are no trackside objects, and a few other issues are present: Nine times out of ten the AI seems to turn in too early at the Beehive hairpin (the extremely tight corner at the southwestern end of the circuit) and the AI also tends to run wide at the final corner, sending them into the pits by mistake! I hope to somehow fix these issues in future iterations should I find the time.
Author
EauRouge2
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back