Widderhorn Renngarten 1.3

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
mi
00.jpg

(Photo of rams fighting by Jim Harmer of ImprovePhotography)

Widderhorn Renngarten (Ramhorn Racegarden)

Named 13th "Track of the Week" by GTPlanet (1.7.2016, Thanks!)

www.gtplanet.net/gtplanets-gt6-track-of-the-week-widderhorn-renngarten

PLEASE RATE + REVIEW!!!

-----
For the same look as photos below, set course time to sunset, 19:00!-----

Some melodramatic description:

"Widderhorn Renngarten" is situated in Germany approximately 50 km North of Nürburg, on the Northern edge of the Rhineland-Palatinate state border. It is a track characterized by high-speed valley straights and hairpins, dangerous mountain curves with blind crested-apexes at the summit (where a miscalculation of speed and angle will cost you your "body rigidity"), and a very rapid blind downhill banked kink that exits down into the most distinctive part of the course...

TotWs.jpg

...the "Ramhorn": a long and fast decreasing-radius sweeping right-hander which spirals downwards into a tight hairpin corner. Entering clockwise at high speed, your car will teeter on the limit of traction as it quickly falls towards the bottom of the undulating yellow flower-lined valley, where only well-sorted cars will be able to maintain grip, braking heavily into a sudden 45-degree acute left uphill hairpin.

Anyways, I really hope you enjoy the track. RATES + REVIEWS are MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks,
Alt-Oid

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
  • widderhornrenngarten_v1_3.jpg
    widderhornrenngarten_v1_3.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 529
Author
ck1yiaa
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.67 star(s) 6 ratings

Latest reviews

OMG!!!! Its a beauty! Endurance race for GT7?
ck1yiaa
ck1yiaa
Thanks for the review, Robert! We'll see what happens when GT7 comes out... :D
Great track. Drove my special build real replica Alfa 155 DTM car and did approximately 3.29 min.
ck1yiaa
ck1yiaa
Thanks for the review, GT6Champnk69! That's a great time :D
Great track! Too bad I keep losing on it.
ck1yiaa
ck1yiaa
Thanks for the review GoatTnder! The braking zones are the key to going fast here, so refining braking technique will get you on your way to winning :)
I like this track!
Elevation changes in sharp, blind corners are just not every players affair. Placing the grandstands in such corners seems to make sense, you can see them as a driver even when you're coming from a deeper part of the track and it gives a realistic look.
ck1yiaa
ck1yiaa
Update: By the way Herr Bongo, I see your profile has a German flag. Danke! I hope I've made my German friends proud with this track. Did my track name make sense for Germans?

---

Thanks for the review and thoughts, Bongo! Yeah -- in previous versions I've tried to mellow out the elevation changes in the corners. But I always found that the even small changes have some sort of ripple effect on every other turn on the course due to the way the track maker app is set up. Also, the track always seemed to lose some of its character. Trying to please everyone always ends up pleasing no one...
Awesome track! Puts even the best cars to the ultimate test as well as the driver skills. Watch out for the deceiving jump over the hill! Some of the turns are a real pleasure and it feels like a great alternative to the green hell. Congrats Altoid!!
ck1yiaa
ck1yiaa
Thanks for the review AdrianoR! I'm humbled to hear you say "Green Hell alternative." :D
Great track, beside where the 2 downhills curves angles too much. I won't said not drive able, but mess the good flow of the track.
ck1yiaa
ck1yiaa
Thanks for the review and compliments, Fc3sXeno9! Which downhill curves are you talking about? The curve after the long straight and the "Ramhorn?" Or different ones? The long downhill "Ramhorn" curve was designed to be intentionally hard to maintain grip :D
Back