3rd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Season Opening)

• Thread starter Kakundoo
  • 867 comments
I've been busy with work and haven't got the time for the races, but I'll be racing in Brazil and the re-do of Japan.

We'll go like last year and allow the Juncao corner to be taken wide. I've come round to the idea that its quite hard to police against it so it may as well be used 👎 Not ideal, but fair.

WTF? I didn't know you could take that corner wide. I thought it was lagg. I spent the whole time taking it the regular way ,on the track.

I qualified 5th and after seeing all the drama at the first couple of corners i found myself up in 2nd behind kakundoo. I had a few lap following him close but then made a mistake and he was away. I stayed im 2nd all the way up until my second stop as demarko was closing in. When he done his stop i was just infront of him with 3 laps to go so i was defending ever corner. On the last lap he got up the inside of me at T1 but broke early which allowed me round the outside (i think he thought i was infront so let me through). I got lucky at the last corner as demarko didn't get a good exit which allowed me to not get slip streamed up to the finish line so i finished 2nd.

Congratulations shaggy becoming the champion once again. Plus its been great racing with all of you throughout this championship and have enjoyed the challenge.

Well I didn't get to take down the race order in time once we finished, so I'll wait until Hemi and Demarko upload their vids and then i'll edit this post with the final tables included :)

I got pole with my first banker lap, my second I spun and my last was just a bad one really. Hemi lined up alongside me and Demarko behind me.

At the start, Hemi got a better start but I just about kept the lead into turn one, by taking it rather clumsily. Still I then cocked up the Senna S and banged into the wall giving me a puncture on my front left tyre :ouch: I was going to try and trash the car getting a respawn but Hemi saved me the bother when he crashed into the back of me unavoidably - sorry about that
mate, I was stranded on the racing line and had no where to go :indiff:

So coming from the back of the field, I got past Demarko, but he crashed into the back of me in turn 4 and didn't wait :irked: I'm looking forward to seeing the replay of that, team mate!

Next I think I overtook Duck and then PJ, then Ginty literally in the pitlane entrance. However, I cocked up my exit and got a penalty which allowed Ginty to retake my position. I then caught up with him again and got past at turn 14. However he then crashed into the back of me in the exact same way as Demarko had at turn 4. However Ginty waited, so obviously no hard feelings chum 👍

I then set about catching Hemi who was roughly 5-6 seconds ahead and finally I got into my groove, setting a few low 1:10's and then a 1:06.1xx as my outlap from my last pit stop. After Hemi came out of the pits a lap later, I bided my time on the penultimate lap and then set about him on the final lap where I got past literally as we were crossing the finish line! I hope there is a decent video of this Hemi :lol:

Fantastically fun and frustrating race in equal measure, but Jamie kept it out of the wall and won the race with a performance in which he modestly described as 'flawless', so well done to him indeed.

Reflecting on the championship, the first half of it was incredibly exciting for me. Jamie and I were nip and tuck in the first 4 races, but after round 5 at the Nurburgring, I thought I had genuinely blown it. I was 9 points behind at that stage, but I also knew that I would be missing the British GP, where he could inflict some real points damage. However, I got my head down, won the next two races, and then Jamie got an unexpectedly average result at Silverstone. He then had a bit of a slump in form/luck which coincided with a 6 race winning streak of mine which was what really won me the title.

Thanks to everyone who took part and I hope you all can go off and have a nice holiday now.

Merry Christmas :sly:

I qualified not bad, I was 3rd. After start I drived carefully, but after first S before me driving Shaggy and Hemi almost stoped in track...the crash was inevitable. After Crashin I droped in 7th place. Only Shaggy rested behind me.I saw that he is faster, so I decided give him way in last turn.When I gave him way, Shaggy was fighting with PJ, so Shaggy and I lost a lot of time. One turn Shaggy drived to wide, and I overtaken him (sorry mate, but I didn't saw, that I hit you from track).And then PJ... I don't want to follow up, but you, seeing that you are slower, drived aggressively and menaced in track for others.During last laps I could overtake King, butthere wasn't good situation and I rested behind him. Congratulations Shaggy to became champion. Merry Christmas. Video I will Upload on Youtube tommorow morning, because HD video takes a lot of time, and in my country 1.30 am, or you can download directly from my server ftp://78.60.132.62/ user name GTP, psw GTP. Thanks for all you, and sorry for collisions

Last edited:
At the start, Hemi got a better start but I just about kept the lead into turn one, by taking it rather clumsily. Still I then cocked up the Senna S and banged into the wall giving me a puncture on my front left tyre :ouch: I was going to try and trash the car getting a respawn but Hemi saved me the bother when he crashed into the back of me unavoidably - sorry about that
I then set about catching Hemi who was roughly 5-6 seconds ahead and finally I got into my groove, setting a few low 1:10's and then a 1:06.1xx as my outlap from my last pit stop. After Hemi came out of the pits a lap later, I bided my time on the penultimate lap and then set about him on the final lap where I got past literally as we were crossing the finish line! I hope there is a decent video of this Hemi :lol:

Well that about sums it up mate :lol: I saw you hit the wall but in my old age my reflexes are slower so I couldn't miss you and knocked off my front wing :scared: and then when I did a sorry job of crashing as it took me 3 hits to the wall to knock a tyre off so I could re spawn :grumpy: so sorry Demarko but I was behind you also. I was so far behind that it took me 4 laps to catch (AI) Liuzzi (at least that's who I think it was) I also spun on lap 2 I think 👎 and I believe the only reason you caught me after the second pit stop Shaggy is I jumped up to see what was wrong with my camera as I went into the pits and that caused me to be a bit off on my stop :yuck: the camera cut off for some reason and I didn't get the finish line pass nor did I get the finishing order :irked: so we will be relying on Demarko on that. I'm even having problem getting my video to play on my PC so I don't know if or when I may get it linked here :indiff:

I qualified not bad, I was 3rd. After start I drived carefully, but after first S before me driving Shaggy and Hemi almost stoped in track...the crash was inevitable. After Crashin I droped in 7th place. Only Shaggy rested behind me.I saw that he is faster, so I decided give him way in last turn.When I gave him way, Shaggy was fighting with PJ, so Shaggy and I lost a lot of time. One turn Shaggy drived to wide, and I overtaken him (sorry mate, but I didn't saw, that I hit you from track).And then PJ... I don't want to follow up, but you, seeing that you are slower, drived aggressively and menaced in track for others.During last laps I could overtake King, butthere wasn't good situation and I rested behind him. Congratulations Shaggy to became champion. Merry Christmas. Video I will Upload on Youtube tommorow morning, because HD video takes a lot of time, and in my country 1.30 am, or you can download directly from my server ftp://78.60.132.62/ user name GTP, psw GTP. Thanks for all you, and sorry for collisions

I cannot open your file. My PC doesn't have a program that will play it :(

Good video there demarko. Looks like you hit pj though so you will have to move down the grid as you didn't wait.
What was going on at the end of the chat i see shaggys comment about not racing with kakundoo ever again then i went offline.

Interlagos hightlights:

Sorry about this Demarko, but after watching that video you don't give us a lot of options other than to hit you with a penalty. At 2:25 and 3:39 you clearly take out both me and PJ, and didn't wait for either of us. I understand that this was due to lag, but we are all affected by this problem and really have to wait.

If everyone else is in agreement, is a 25 second penalty fair enough?

Last edited:
Good video there demarko. Looks like you hit pj though so you will have to move down the grid as you didn't wait.
What was going on at the end of the chat i see shaggys comment about not racing with kakundoo ever again then i went offline.

In the first lap after first S, Duck also crached my car and drived farther. I drived at the ideal trajectory when PJ was overtaking me. He hits me out of track. Without contact it wasn' t possible to overtake here, but he did it. before 4th turn, I early released the accelerator and breaked. But the incident hapened. The distance of 500 meters must be kept between us and PJ.

Sorry about this Demarko, but after watching that video you don't give us a lot of options other than to hit you with a penalty. At 2:25 and 3:39 you clearly take out both me and PJ, and didn't wait for either of us. I understand that this was due to lag, but we are all affected by this problem and really have to wait.

If everyone else is in agreement, is a 25 second penalty fair enough?

First of all you must ask to yourself, if PJ overtaked me clearly?If he didn't hit me from the ideal trajectory he couldn't overtake me.I will be disapeared from his eyes.What concerns you I didn't understood that I had hitten you from track.I throught that you slided on kerb.

I didn't feel anything when I passed demako, nor did I see him on my screen, he was wide and I went for it. I remember Silverstone when GINTY hit Kak and didn't stop and had to move down the grid because of it. Wouldn't that be ideal for this situation?

Well this evaluation thingy is a little late lol.

First of all, sorry for my attitude lately, i've had some problems at home, but that's no excuse for my behaviour.

Right, I qualified 7th, my worst EVER qualifying lol and my start was appauling as well. I was hoping to make some places up but I wasn't concentrating and skipped to 6th gear HAHA!!
However, this seemed to be a blessing in disguise as just after the second corner, I saw a pile up and so I just made my way through. In Demarko's video it looks like I touched him a little, but nothing more than a slight nudge, no harm done.
I was really happy because I hadn't practiced all week! But when I saw King charging up my rear I knew that I had to get my head down and put in some hard laps. There were a few times that he got close to overtaking me, but luckily for me, I was quicker than him on the last corner, and more consistent so he couldn't get my slipstream down the main straight.
That was my race pretty much. Didn't have any hassle from anyone after the first pit stop and just tried to put in some consistent laps.

AND, if my calculations are correct, Brawn gained 11 points in that race, and that's if Demarko isn't demoted for clearly knocking off PJ. If he is demoted, then Brawn score 12 and Red Bull score 11. Now that means that Brawn and Red Bull are tied, but because Brawn have more race wins, does that warrant a second place? I'll let you guys decide.

I think the most funny thing is that, if this exact result would have happened last season in Interlagos, I would have won the Championship! Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.

It's been great racing with you guys. Big congratulations to Ben and Jordan. Many thanks to PJ for filling in as my team mate. Well done to Red Bull for being great competitors. More thanks goes to Hemi for the videos we've all enjoyed watching over the season and an apology to Duck for the bumpy start to the season.

I've enjoyed it, I hope you all have too :)

Merry Christmas! :D

First of all you must ask to yourself, if PJ overtaked me clearly?If he didn't hit me from the ideal trajectory he couldn't overtake me.I will be disapeared from his eyes.What concerns you I didn't understood that I had hitten you from track.I throught that you slided on kerb.

Demarko, I can see in both incidents you didn't actually make contact with the car in front, but it is clear nonetheless that due to the lag you actually did crash into both of us. I know, it's frustrating as hell, but it's affected all of us where we have crashed into someone despite visibly leaving a gap between the two cars, and we have always had to wait. I can see you're mostly not a reckless driver as you would sometimes go at half throttle down the straight to avoid an incident, but the incident with myself and PJ especially is so blatant that you must have known that you were meant to wait. PJ's driving may have been a tad aggressive going into turn one and through the Senna S but that's no excuse to then completely punt him off, fully aware that you're responsible for it and then drive on.

In the case of our crash, i'm afraid it's actually quite obvious that you hit me. I didn't just get shoved out of the way, I lost a wheel and you can see my car dipping at the back because of it. Needless to say my dot was then motionless on the map for a while.

In both cases you can't simply plead ignorance as an excuse, especially with PJ as it was beyond obvious that you caused the crash. I know it's more the game's fault than yours, and I'm quite happy the championship is over so we can avoid this sort of debate in the future. However, the rules are there for a reason, and when they're so blatantly broken I think it's right to take some form of action.

Would people agree to a 20 second time penalty on Demarko? 10 seconds for my crash and 10 for PJ's?

Last edited:
GTP 3rd PAL F1 Championship, Round 18 - Interlagos

Circuit_Interlagos.png

Weather - Dry

Race order:

1st. Kakundoo - 10 pts (Brawn GP)
2nd. +10.085secs, Kingmart1n- 8 pts (Red Bull)
3rd. +15.521, Shaggy Alonso- 7 pts (Jordan GP)
4th. +15.546, HEMIata - 5 pts (Williams)
5th. +11.239 (+20 sec pen), Demarko777 - 4 pts (Jordan GP)
6th. + N/A , Fastduck - 3 pts (Williams)
7th. + N/A, GINTY72 - 2 pts (Red Bull)
8th. +1 lap, PJ-FFL - 1 pts (Brawn GP)

Pole Position - Shaggy Alonso - 1:11.174
Fastest Lap - Shaggy Alonso - 1:06.117

Brawn GP - 11 pts
Jordan GP - 11 pts
Red Bull - 10 pts
Williams - 8 pts
Team Lotus - 0 pts

I got pole with my first banker lap, my second I spun and my last was just a bad one really. Hemi lined up alongside me and Demarko behind me.

So coming from the back of the field, I got past Demarko, but he crashed into the back of me in turn 4 and didn't wait :irked:

Next I think I overtook Duck and then PJ, then Ginty literally in the pitlane entrance. However, I cocked up my exit and got a penalty which allowed Ginty to retake my position. I then caught up with him again and got past at turn 14. However he then crashed into the back of me in the exact same way as Demarko had at turn 4. However Ginty waited, so obviously no hard feelings chum 👍

I then set about catching Hemi who was roughly 5-6 seconds ahead and finally I got into my groove, setting a few low 1:10's and then a 1:06.1xx as my outlap from my last pit stop. After Hemi came out of the pits a lap later, I bided my time on the penultimate lap and then set about him on the final lap where I got past literally as we were crossing the finish line!

Fantastically fun and frustrating race in equal measure, but Jamie kept it out of the wall and won the race with a performance in which he modestly described as 'flawless', so well done to him indeed.

Reflecting on the championship, the first half of it was incredibly exciting for me. Jamie and I were nip and tuck in the first 4 races, but after round 5 at the Nurburgring, I thought I had genuinely blown it. I was 9 points behind at that stage, but I also knew that I would be missing the British GP, where he could inflict some real points damage. However, I got my head down, won the next two races, and then Jamie got an unexpectedly average result at Silverstone. He then had a bit of a slump in form/luck which coincided with a 6 race winning streak of mine which was what really won me the title.

Here are the final tables: Hemi pipped Ginty to 4th position and Kingmart1n secured 3rd place by quite a decent margin in the end. Demarko and PJ were tied on points, but Demarko finishes higher because of having scored a higher result than PJ (3rd place at Shanghai)

Just a note of interest, if the point for fastest lap rule wasn't used and we had used the official points system from the past few seasons, then I would have only won the championship by a single point from Jamie. Thus highlighting that our overall race performances were really quite equal, but my speed advantage at most tracks gave me the upper hand in the championship, beyond how it obviously helps in the races anyway.

In the constructors, Red Bull just about hung on to second spot. This was done through a mixture of good attendence and solid, consistent race performances. Brawn suffered in the end mainly because of it being virtually a one man team for most of the season. Williams fell away towards the end of the season, had they had a better attendence then they probably could have emulated what Red Bull have done this season and surpass a regular race winning team through sheer consistency.

attachment.php

attachment.php

gtpf1cedrivers3palfit.jpg

gtpf1ceteamss3palfit.jpg

I have also compiled some end of season stats for you to look at:

Drivers Championship Points:
1st Shaggy Alonso - 156 points
2nd Kakundoo - 140 points
3rd Kingmart1n - 92 points
4th HEMIata - 79 points
5th GINTY72 - 78 points
6th FastDuck - 57 points
7th Demarko777 - 20 points
8th PJ-FFL - 20 points
9th GT4genius - 15 points
10th Crooky369 - 13 points
11th Rob101 - 10 points
12th fishfash - 8 points
13th Scoop2004 - 3 points
14th Scooby Alonso - 2 points
15th Mr Happy - 1 point
16th Appie - 0 points

Constructors Championship Points:
1st Jordan GP - 191 points
2nd Red Bull - 170 points
3rd Brawn GP - 169 points
4th Williams - 136 points
5th Lotus - 28 points

Pole Positions:
Shaggy Alonso - 14
Kakundoo - 2
Kingmart1n - 1
fishfash - 1

Fastest Laps:
Shaggy Alonso - 16
Kakundoo - 1
Kingmart1n - 1

Race Victories:
Drivers
Shaggy Alonso -11 (Malaysia, Australia, Spain, Monaco, Canada, USA, France, Germany, Hungary, Turkey, China)
Kakundoo - 5 (Bahrain, San Marino, Europe, Japan, Brazil)
Kingmart1n - 1 (Great Britain)
GINTY72 - 1 (Italy)

Constructors
Jordan GP - 11
Brawn GP - 5
Red Bull - 2
Williams - 0
Lotus - 0

Podiums:
Drivers
Kakundoo - 14
Shaggy Alonso - 13
kingmart1n - 9
GINTY72 - 5
HEMIata - 5
FastDuck - 5
fishfash -1
Demarko777 - 1
Rob101 - 1

Constructors
Brawn GP - 16
Jordan GP - 14
Red Bull - 14
Williams - 10
Lotus - 0

Thanks to everyone who took part and I hope you all can go off and have a nice holiday now.

Merry Christmas :sly:

Last edited:
Good work there ben i can't believe i had a fastest lap as everyone is quicker than me plus i finished 3rd in the championship im over the moon with that season.

Good work with the tables as well keep updating them must of been a right pain.

Those points for the fastest laps will be the death of me I swear. Both times it was because of those points that I was so far away from winning the Championship.

I think on F1 2010, maybe there won't be any points for fastest laps :P, that way I might actually win one haha.

Those points for the fastest laps will be the death of me I swear. Both times it was because of those points that I was so far away from winning the Championship.

I think on F1 2010, maybe there won't be any points for fastest laps :P, that way I might actually win one haha.

I never understood giving a point for fast lap because it's not done in the real championship :indiff: yet not giving a point or two for pole position, of course that would have given Shaggy another 28 points :lol:

I never understood giving a point for fast lap because it's not done in the real championship :indiff: yet not giving a point or two for pole position, of course that would have given Shaggy another 28 points :lol:
Some series, like A1 Grand Prix and the GP2 series, award bonus points to the driver/team with the fastest lap. In Formula One, where until 1960 drivers were awarded a point for setting fastest lap, Michael Schumacher holds the current record for the most fastest laps with 76.
Reasonable to give additional point for hatrick (winning,pole,fastest lap).

Last edited:
Back