Time Attack @ Nürburgring

• Thread starter Slatz
  • 76 comments
I ran the Silvia Spec-R AERO, Accord Euro-R '02, Mazda RX-8 Type S, and the Mazdaspeed Atenza (I know it wasn't on the list, but I just had to use it!). When my son comes over this weekend, I'll make sure to remind him to bring his camera. If I can get his camera to work, then I'll take the pictures and post the ghost replays for all cars.

Ah - new here - my first post, but already it seems my R3/R3 standard Speed 12 time of 6:45 will be dissallowed - I will be trying hard on pro from now on!

Also, Ive been runnin no TCS, but ASM on - so this could be quite an experience in the Speed 12 - I'll miss the ASM, but Level 7 TCS???? on a speed 12, that makes one hell of a difference!

Last edited by a moderator:
No! ;D

There is the GT-R pic and i drove another Speedmonster!
The Speed 12
This car has awnsome power, better acc. than the enzo i would say
good braking, this car is not this fast in the corners, BUT way way easyer to drive!
7min20sec my time:tup:

GT-R Vid + Replay online soon....

Woooah - 7:20 is a COLOSSAL lap on a speed 12 with this setup..

just to confirm - Pro, S3 F & R, TCS 7, everything else off, no mods.

I just did a 8:00 - so you can get round there 40 secs quicker than me! This setup is pretty new to me and I'm getting used to using 1 & 2nd gear (impossible without TCS). With practise I reckon I could shave off 20 secs - but 40 secs??? Can someone else have a go with the speed 12 just so I can reassure myself that it is me being crap at GT and I'm not chasing the impossibe!

I could run it, but I hate using TCS... plus, I'm nowhere near as proficient as Slatz is a at racing, so my time wouldn't really mean much.

>6:51.794< Bugatti Veyron
S3 tires
ASM: Off TCS: 3 Active Steering: OFF (besides the tires, this is how I always drive this car
Driving Line Off
I set the toe angle to -25 rear and +5 front to make the car easier to make quick direction changes. This was actually one of the few laps I did without going off the track w/the Veyron. I'm still trying to get use to the Nur but I hope I don't look like a really bad driver w/this time. I can do better and I'm sure other people can but hey, it is the toughest course on earth right?

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 - 7'54.172 :)
could be a lot better, i had atleast 3 spin outs, but i recovered and another one that i didn't recover very well from.

>6:51.794< Bugatti Veyron
S3 tires
ASM: Off TCS: 3 Active Steering: OFF (besides the tires, this is how I always drive this car
Driving Line Off
I set the toe angle to -25 rear and +5 front to make the car easier to make quick direction changes. This was actually one of the few laps I did without going off the track w/the Veyron. I'm still trying to get use to the Nur but I hope I don't look like a really bad driver w/this time. I can do better and I'm sure other people can but hey, it is the toughest course on earth right?

Now I'm down to 6:46.056. Same settings

Vehicle: Honda Integra Type R (DC5) 03
Time: 8'37.005
ASM = Off
TCS = 0
Active Steering = Off
Physics = Professional
Tires = S3/S3 <<= Are these stock tires, Coz it come on ori?

Note: Not my best time yet, I did slide off a bit, driving at sleepy mode :gtpflag:

SNC00277.jpg

Last edited:
That is an awesome time. Are you using Professional Physics ?

Thank you. I always use Professional. I'm surprised I forgot to put it in my settings list. I've never tried using standard physics or active steering before lol. I'm trying to match the best time I've ever heard of which was 6:45 on youtube. He had the same settings except no TCS and R3 tires instead. I think I can actually do better than 6:46 bcuz it wasn't totally perfect but still my best time. I got on a roll and beat my old 6:53 time with a 6:51, then I did 6:50, then 6:48, then 6:47, and then 6:46 all in a row. I had a nice roll goin there and I haven't broken 6:54 dince lol glad I saved the replays

Slatz,

I think the first post about the rules should be rearranged
so that new driver like myself will not get confused.

This is my suggestion on how to state the rules more clearly.

Code:
++========BASIC INFO=======++

TRACK: Nurburgring
MODE: Time Trial and save GHOST REPLAY for ranking

++======VERY IMPORTANT=====++ << IN RED

VEHICLE: Select from the list only. <Download link> 
TIRE: Use tires from list only. Please download the list.

NOTE: No Racer, No Tuned, No Rally. Stock cars and Stock tires from list.
PS: Update me if I have missed a car.

++==========SETUP==========++

PHYSICS: PRO
TRANSMISSION: MANUAL
ASM: OFF
STEERING ASSIST: OFF
DRIVING LINE: OFF
TSC: Up to 7! (OFF when built before 1990)

OTHER SETTINGS: CHANGEABLE

++======POST LAP TIME======++

To get ranked you must post a photo of your GHOST REPLAY data

Use only these methods
-Take a photo of your save GHOST REPLAY data on XMB
-If tires info cannot be displayed press TRIANGLE and select INFORMATION,
scroll down until tire info, time and car name is visible then take photo

EXAMPLE:<EXAMPLE1>,<EXAMPLE2>.

++========OPTIONAL=========++

You can post your GHOST REPLAY. Make sure it is ZIPPED.

++=======OTHER RULES=======++

Never shortcut (unless you have lost control)
Never tap the wall to gain advantage

=============================

CONQUER THE GREEN HELL ON STOCK CARS AND TIRES!

Hope this can clear a lots of doubts.

Hey guys, just thought you should know in case you didn't already... Slatz hasn't posted here in a while because he sold his PSP. :crazy:

Someone else may need to take over the updates to this thread if you guys wish to keep it going.

All those hours with my evo in GT4 are paying of! XD

Attachments

• Deko Wolf replay.rar
    64.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0086.jpg
    DSCF0086.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have created a page on Facebook with the same goal with more freedom. It will be fun cause we have the largest community in the world that is Facebook. Invite your friends over too.

Here is the link
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nurburgring-Time-Trial-on-Gran-Turismo/331411307680

1 Lap of Nürburgring Nordschleife in Time Trial mode on Gran Turismo. Any car, show setup (Attach Photo), show time (Attach Photo). Rankings, Tournaments! Use PSP, PS3, PS2, Gran Turismo and Nürburgring only. Drive safe!

Back