slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
Excellent update with the Ferrari F40, the first pic almost made me reach for the plastic to buy the PS3 and GT5. It would be nice to see some more of the Scuderia :D

The Racing shots adds tons of life to the photos, number 1 and number 4 looks fantastic, I love the chase cam view on 4. The eye grabbing white F40 helps too.

This last set of updates is quite something Slip :)

I like the action that we see on the F40 shots, great moments you have captured!! And those angles....WOW!!!

Once more, well done buddy!!!

McLaren F1 (LM replica) @ Laguna Seca

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: I'm done trying to save money in GT5. A five million credit shopping spree yesterday means you can expect a lot more excitement in here in short order. For now, hail to the king... we don't need no stinkin' quad-turbo setup.

Franz - Yeah, the tree reflection irks me. And yeah, I'm back to just removing the watermark; I liked the simplicity too, I was just trying to find something for lazier me (though, that other one actually required more fiddling for each individual image).

TVR, sennyo, speedthrill, and b0nkers - Thanks all!

Sher - As soon as I get some more sit-down time (tomorrow), I will!

725 - Jooooin Ussssss :P. I've got a Scud in the garage, but it's down the list of plans right now...

Union - Thanks duder. Sorry I got to the whiteness first ;).

NTX - Thanks a bunch, I feel like I use low angles too much, but they give such a dramatic look I can't avoid them!

Last edited:
Wow those F40 pictures really came out superb. Never knew white looked so good on it! The 3rd pic is amazing, with the engine compartment, and the pic after that and after that. I think this is your best set up to date. 👍 And the Macca is very nice, the blur looks great in that particular corner. I'm so glad that this kind of blur is in this game, saves us so much time. Best idea ever. :D

Love the F1. I've never before found a car on which the GT Auto wings truly look good.
Simplicity is the key with this pic, and you've done a brilliant job!

Dodge Challenger SRT8 @ Route Picturesque

Update Info: The track is a created one, made for one main reason ;). This begins a little mini-series of updates. Call it "Know Your Roots". Taking modern versions of cars and applying classic paintjobs to them. The next one hails from Japan...

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

Last edited:
I've yet to dive into the track creation but it looks like a nice place to mix it up and get some new shots. Love the McLaren shot and the Challenger shots with the 3rd and 4th taking the cake for me.

Woow, nice! I'm not that into muscle cars but I really like these! :) And for that Macca.. he's not the king, my Enzo easily pwns it at Sarthe. :P

Well, let me start with the Alfa Romeo TZ2 Carrozzata, a phew updates back, to say, that the car is amazing. I am not quite liking the light on the phototravel locations. I still didn't experimented much on them, but from what I've tried and saw, I am not quite happy with phototravel. Still, great shots.

About the white Ferrari, I never thought white would suite the F40 as good as the good old red, me likey. :D

The MacLaren seems fantastic from the preview, sadly I can't open it full size.

The colour in the challenger in that place seem to suite it amazingly. A pity that car doesn't come in chock green with black strips. :drool:

The Mclaren is looking very good. The angle once more captures well the cool look of this great car!! Lovely reflections too :)

The Challenger, 1st thing...lovely colour!! Honest buddy!! The shots are all top quality once more! The drift one captured my eye, very well taken indeed, and we can see perfectly how cool is the purple on the car!! :)

Top work Slip, well done 👍

Know Your Roots: The Fairladies Z @ Suzuka

Update Info: The Challenger started this one, and it's kind of a theme I'll be visiting for a bit: Know Your Roots. It's pretty simple; take a new model, paint it to match an old one. So here's a Grand Prix Maroon 370Z with it's great-great-great-great-grandmother.

TVR & Shigegaki - :cheers:

RG - You definitely should. I find track creator especially helpful for giving us more "real world" locations. It looks like a road, instead of a track, at least Toscana and Mt. Aso do. Definitely helps!

Speedthrill & Diabolical - Thanks guys, I wanted it to look less like Italy and more like some part of it's homeland. The purple just pops with the contrast :).

Sej - Hmmm... yeah, probably :P. Can we at least agree they both beat the hyper-TT that is the Veyron? ;)

Luis - Thanks; yeah, I'm not too satisfied yet with Photo Travel, but then again, I've seen some awesome shots from there, so I'll need to work with it more. Doesn't seem as diverse as GT4's locations, though. The white F40 was a plan as soon as I bought it! I knew it'd look... interesting, to say the least. That's odd; the Macca opens for me fine today. And lastly, about the Challenger... well, you could always fix that! :D

NTX - Thank you good buddy! I gotta stop tilting left though!

Last edited:
Not quite your best I have to say and Photomode didn't help you with it as well.
Both cars look pasted into the scenery and their position in frame is not quite my cup of tea. Probably due to the fact that both seem to go in opposite direction even though they are not.

Luis - Thanks for the honesty... it wasn't very satisfying, I'll admit that. The idea behind the update was stronger than the image, for me. Matching two shots to merge into one is so much harder in a race... especially with the free-range camera! Funnily enough, I do really like the car colouring, even if it makes it look "pasted in"!

GT5photographer - Thanks! No meet though... ran two separate races and merged the images. Not quite perfectly since I still see a line :-/.

Next update will follow the Know Your Roots theme again, though probably not with both cars, just one, like the Challenger.

Luis - Thanks for the honesty... it wasn't very satisfying, I'll admit that. The idea behind the update was stronger than the image, for me. Matching two shots to merge into one is so much harder in a race... especially with the free-range camera! Funnily enough, I do really like the car colouring, even if it makes it look "pasted in"!

GT5photographer - Thanks! No meet though... ran two separate races and merged the images. Not quite perfectly since I still see a line :-/.

Next update will follow the Know Your Roots theme again, though probably not with both cars, just one, like the Challenger.

Oh, I thought you raced with both cars together in multiplayer or something, thats way why I said, photomode didn't really help you, because both looked weird. I didn't really see a line until you mention it, never though you had joined two pictures into one. That kind of changes figures and I know how hard it is to get it right.

Last edited:
Back