slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
:lol: When I first saw this I was like :odd: where is the Update then I read the comments I honestly thought the Mag was real,The Alfa shot is lovely can't wait for the update 👍

I am pretty admired your creative writing skills and myself not even half as good in my first language. The mag cover looks really clean and legit. Only things you have missed are the ugly barcode and price. I like that "plus" at the bottom actually matching the Alfa logo (probably unintentional). Can't wait to flip it open! Maybe we'll see some ads :)

No way!!! That shot is from Photomode? It really looks like a real life magazine. :eek: AMAZING!!! But these teasers are bad, they make the wait even bigger. :drool: :P
Can't wait for the full update. :D

Hi Slipz! The RBX2010 is insane man. :D
The Murc shot is nice, but it kinda looks pasted on like others have said and I don't like that the two outer Murcies look bigger than the middle one. I know that's because of the lens, but just gives it an unbalanced look to me. It's great that you did a multiple car shot in PT though. 👍

That cover looks great. Now a nice lady on the front with it, and I'll buy it. :P haha j/k. Nice composition and great colors in the pictures, but they look a bit bland to me. Did you use some kind of sharpen filter? I have a feeling that the pictures lose alot of detail because of it. And maybe you can make the shadow under the 8C a bit darker? It looks a bit pasted like the murcies. I look forwrd to the big update! :dopey:

Yui-san - Thanks sir, though I'd have to wonder why a magazine was testing four of the same car!

Well, Automobile (the mag) tested 3 Panamera Turbos for their Panamera review... Anyhow, love that magazine cover :) I would acutally buy it if you were to print it out XD

Damn that would have been a proper entry to the Photoshop Comp!!! :lol:
Your not making this easy for anyone to enter, hahaha... :D

Great shots, Slip! 👍 I understand that you'd have one giant photoshop photo at first, then break them off into different files?
I hope you understand what I'm on about :scared:

That's actually not the Volvo's stock white: it's Fiat's Bossa Nova White, as that was a purer white
Sweet! I may give that colour a try. 👍

Seriously, have you considered sending a copy of those magazine pages and covers to the EVO staff?

Those last two shots -- Wow! Great sense of speed on the first one without overdoing it. The magazine cover is cool too, I like the PLUS + on the bottom, nice touch.

Haha, love the Kanye, I've been thinking how to integrate it into an update since I heard it.

EVO looks awesome!

That magazine cover is absolutely outstanding. Great work 👍
I wish I had such skills with Photo Shop.
And Photo Shop.

SlipZtrEm, I saw this image of yours when I was looking at the GT5 magazine forum and I absolutely love the photograph. It has inspired me to take a few pics of my garage to see them in a magazine format. I'm a graphic designer by trade and really enjoy this sort of thing. So thanks for the insight as to how good the photomode can actually be.

I do have a few questions about this photo, if you would be kind enough to answer.

Which course are you using for this image? Is it a course maker one and if so which style was it?

Also, were there any after effects added in something like Photoshop, or is that dusk, misty feel part of the active weather in game?

And lastly, where in the game did you take the photo? Was it Arcade, online or GT life in My Courses?

Many thanks and I have now subscribed to this thread as it is amazingly inspiring and well put together.

It has been a while since I posted in and, actually, visited your gallery, but...

... you still manage to impress me! :D

I like the magazine cover very much - you know how to make it stand out and the pictures are even better! Everything is fine with both shots, so: Well done and keep up the great work! 👍

MiniMarco - Thanks! I remember white being the main hue for the press shots of the convertible version, and always thought it looked great :)
Rev - Indeed, and the fact you can't find anything even close to that colour is saddening :(.
GPR - Seeing as how it was two months ago, I'm gonna have to go check to see if you did ;).
Sems - Sorry you had to wait so long, buddy!
Franz - The "plus" was indeed intentional... and so was leaving out the ugly barcode and price info :P. Evo does a very cool special cover for subscribers, though it's usually devoid of any text, so we'll call this a hybrid!
Sej - Oddly enough, I didn't use any sharpening filter for the last update. I've been aiming for more realism lately, but it may not look it until the next update - all the shots used for this one were edited back at the same time as the cover update.
Yui-san - Really? Hmmm, interesting... :D
Muzaffar - Bah, if there was a magazine cover theme, I missed it :(.
Daniel - Yep, I make one giant image in Photoshop for my layouts, then slice it apart so it all fits together nicely here :).
Cod_Father - I take it in the best possible way :lol: 👍.
Diabolical - Actually, I messaged the Evo guys on their forums, and posted in the community itself. No response from the team, and not incredibly positive ones from the community :-/.
Vonie - Heh, I actually have another idea to incorporate Kanye's newest video... maybe... possibly :D
tnt_8_9 - Sorry for the huge delay, but here we go: that image was taken on Eiger Short with weather change, the dusky, misty feeling is from the game itself (all I did in Photoshop was some very light Levels/Curves adjustments), and I believe it was Arcade Mode, though it doesn't matter where you take the shots when it comes to game mode :). Hope you're still around here somewhere!
MR - Thanks so much for the approval in the form of a signature link - it's a huge compliment. Hope you enjoy your avatars... it gave me yet another idea too!

Evo Article: Quadrifoglio Alleggerita

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: Oof. This is what happens when you go from unemployed to full-time work. Finally, the long-delayed article is up; it would've been up a month ago had I not had Photoshop crash on me and lose a ton of stuff, something that annoyed me so much I hadn't set foot in the program until now, past stuff for 2.0 layouts. Consider this my return :)

Last edited:
Phenomenal! :D I don't know which is the most pleasant sensation, admiring the nice pictures, being convinced by the very spot-on diagramation or reading the incredibly professional write-up. In all ways, this is near to perfection.

Thanks for all the effort. 👍

Welcome back! But why did you photocopy a magazine in a GT5 gallery? jk.

AMAZING update SlipZ!

Brilliant!

Definitely missed new stuff from you, but I can see that it's for a good reason. ;)

Diabolical - Actually, I messaged the Evo guys on their forums, and posted in the community itself. No response from the team, and not incredibly positive ones from the community :-/.
That is incredibly stupid on their part... A shame, really. 👎

Have you thought about creating your own layout and names?

MR - Thanks so much for the approval in the form of a signature link - it's a huge compliment. Hope you enjoy your avatars... it gave me yet another idea too!

You are welcome, it was just a matter of time until I realised that I just have to put a link to your gallery into my signature - not least because it contains so many great shots; and thank you for the avatars. 👍

Your article looks good. The layout is nice - the pictures, which, by the way, are breathtaking, and the texts, which are giving away good information (this is what it is about, right? ;)) are positioned well. I see no problems with this article whatsoever, so the only thing to add is: Keep the updates coming! I missed this gallery.

Last but not least: Welcome back! :cheers:

Last edited:
It's perfect! I thought it was a real magazine article for a moment there! The images on pages 2 and 3 are especially impressive, they all have a really nice look to them.

Pretty good layout Slip, it does look quite pro. And the photos are great really well done.

Awesome work again with the magazine style stuff. 👍

Back