slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
You've done it now Slipz - now you need you to do a full on graphic spread with links to each car's tunes for all of the cars on GT5, including every iteration of Nissan! Just kidding. Great work as always.

Nice update! Great work on the colors and presentation! -- I had no idea about the stripes on the Evora... sounds like I'm gonna have to make that a future project :D The lighting you captured, the perfect angle of the car and the super smooth blur make it the standout shot here! :drool:

edit: no stripes in-game :grumpy: :lol:

Last edited:
And here we go again... This is another outstanding masterpiece from you, SlipZtrEm. 👍

First of all, I like the banner, because the contemplator is directly informed about what is coming, and the whole composition of it is great. And now to the more important, individual images:

Picture #1 - This is a really good photo. The first thing that I noticed is the shiny paint of the car, which is not distracting - far from it! The contrast between the exposed and unexposed areas on the front end of the car is good, and it is nice to see that there are small but perceptive reflections on the edges of the car (such as under the door). The car looks crisp and clean, and while I like how short the distance to the car is, I do not like how pixelated the bonnet looks on the edges. But this can be improved easily by filling that area (gap) with colour and then softening it. Otherwise, another positive aspect of this picture is that you got a nice blur effect, which is being supported by the fact that you left a larger space (length of the road) in front of the car compared to the space behind it, indicating a forward motion of the car.

Picture #2 - The car looks crisp and clean, the blur effect is nice, and as said above, the larger space in front of the car supports the indication of the car moving forward. There are not many reflections on the car, but I like the contrast between the exposed and unexposed areas (here: cliffs) in the background. Furthermore, I like how you increased the saturation of the colours in the interior of the car, more precisely, the red colour (seat & dashboard). It is a nice and effective touch, which adds yet another interesting contrast to an already outstanding picture. I also like the shadow of the rear-view mirror on the door of the car, which, at the end, flows into a bigger shadow covering the underpart of the door. A nice addition are also the black and blue gaps (such as left and right to the front wheel of the car). The white line you added is nice, as well, because the contemplator will not only concentrate on the left half of the picture. Does this car have the same rims as the Mazda (Picture #1)?

Picture #3 - While, at first glance, this picture may not look too spectacular, it surely is: The car looks very clean (even though the distance to the camera is short!), and, without a good focus, such a good background blur would not be possible. The roof of the car is also blurred, and that is why it may look a bit pixelated. I have to ask: Is that a reflection of one of the tunnel lights or is the contemplator able to look through the car? To me, it looks like a reflection, but I may be wrong.

Very well done. 👍

Last edited:
Outstanding :drool: Yet again you've taken the whole concept of Photomode to another level - not only technically, but also a great theme/concept for the set. The modified Evora is particularly good :)👍

The painting on the Evora is gorgeous! Would be so great if we could do something similar in the game.
Excellent shots and presentation again. Impressed as usual:)

Also, what blue did you use there? Is it "blu"
I got on Lambo in that color and it looks gorgeous...maybe I'll send the car over to you and you add one more pic to your finn-tunings ;)

full

(click on images for full-size)
_________________________​

Update Info: It's a small, simple update, as I'm still working away on other things. These are two of my favourite 70's sports cars from Japan, both of which were actually featured way, way back in this update of my GT4 gallery. The Galant's always looked right in the factory orange, but the GT-R took a coat of Matte Dark Silver, and some wider rear tires. I kept it simple because it seemed a fitting mood for these two. Enjoy!

NascarManiaco99 - Thanks! The stripe is all MFT's doing, though; I just copied their design for the purposes of the ad!

20832 - Well, I'll see about getting a package together! MFT's (obviously) a go-to for me as well, so I'm glad they're getting more recognition!

SVX - It seemed only fair I put a bunch of Finn-tuned cars in some forests ;)

FishyJuice - Thanks!

725 - Thanks, it was surprisingly hard to get a consistent tone across all three locations!

Leon - You two deserve it! Glad to be of service :cheers:

ashes619 - I highly recommend checking out MFT's garage, as there are a lot of fun tunes over there :D

Primus Ortus - :lol: Alrighty... certainly given PD's usual schedule, I could wrap that up before GT6!

ceiling_fan - Heh, I probably should've responded sooner, to tell you the stripes were post-game! :D

MR - You're being too generous with these detailed breakdowns, so thank you again. For the pixelization in the Miata pic, that was due to resizing, and while I suppose I could've minimized it with some work, I never seem to touch things up when it's resize-induced. I'll have to keep an eye on that! And yep, you're looking through the GT's window, it's a low-aperture shot, so that's why it's all deformed!

Skython11 - It definitely seems to be the favourite this round!

Touring Mars - Thanks, sir :cheers:. As much as these sorts of things limit the number of updates, it's a lot more fun to do themed sets, not to mention with the MFT update, it's a great way to tie together different parts of the 'Planet :).

bmxmitch - Send it to Leon or Greycap - they don't seem to have a modern Lambo tune over there! Just review one of their cars first, though ;). The blue is BMW's Lagunaseca Blau, off the '04 M3. It most closely matched their logo's colour... I knew my database would be handy for something!

dice1998 - Don't worry, the "Fix Dice's PS3 Fund" surely will pick up soon :P

TVR - Thanks - that straight seems to be over-played, but I can't help going back to it over and over!

Last edited:
That is soooooo scary. I was only looking at that update a few weeks ago! These are fantastic.

Small, simply brilliant update - quality over quantity and there's quality to die for in all your photos. 👍 :)

Edit: Thanks for introducing us to the Mad Finn Tuners - they are brilliant.

Last edited:
bmxmitch - Send it to Leon or Greycap - they don't seem to have a modern Lambo tune over there! Just review one of their cars first, though ;). The blue is BMW's Lagunaseca Blau, off the '04 M3. It most closely matched their logo's colour... I knew my database would be handy for something!

should have checked first before making a request:rolleyes::lol:

Also, nice little update. Presentation is perfect as always!👍

That looks good, sir!

Picture #1 - The first thing I noticed in this shot is the shiny and all but distracting paint of the car. The lighting is good, and I like the reflections of the (very well blurred) background on the windscreen and side window of the car. The saturation of the colours is great, and the fact that there is a good transition between the colours on the (also very well blurred) road shows that you pay attention to details. The different contrasts between the exposed and unexposed parts of the road add to the realism of this picture, and over and above, the car's shadow on the road has multiple levels of intensity (for example, the strongest one is under the car). Everything about this shot is great, except for one thing: The upper edge of the fender under the right front light of the car should have been softened, but that is a detail which is almost imperceptible.

Picture #2 - What I like most about this picture is the saturation. The picture transports a 'classic feel' to the contemplator, which suits such an old car best. The angle is good and the background blur is nice. Speaking of the background, I like the transition of the colours here. Furthermore, the depth of field is good, and the white line carries an interesting depth of focus effect. The car looks clean and I like the lighting on the side window. I like the composition of this picture, and the fact that you added noise to it shows that you wanted to bring the 'classic feel' of this picture to a higher level.

Well done. :cheers:

Last edited:
Galant looks fantastic there in yellow. As ever, really nice job.

Love the RUF shot, must get one of those.

I was wondering about the comp prize cars, I emailed you three times through PSN but have yet to receive a reply or have these cars appear as gifts in the game. In the discussion thread, I noticed how you even posted a list of cars to be sent with me included, but nothing comes through. Is it because I connect my PS3 online every 4 weeks or so and the service in the game deletes the gift cars if you leave it too long or have you not sent them? Earlier on I won a couple and got them no probs but nothing more recent has shown and I've checked every option in within the games menus.

(click on image for full-size)
_________________________​

Update Info: A few weeks ago, while researching for the GT1 Memorial theme, I had went back into the GT4 2.0 Competition of the same theme. I saw this image, one I've been looking for for literally years... somehow I never saved it while in that thread back then! When SVX sent a VM about it, reminding me, I knew I had to do something about it. While this isn't an exact copy of the old image, it is the same track. The bodykit took some work, and it's probably something I won't try again, but here's the results. Enjoy!

TVR - That one was sitting by itself for three months, so I figured it deserved a companion :P

SVX - So you're the one who's slowly bumping up my old thread's view count? ;)

Nato - Thanks! I've been having a hard time coming up with updates I'm satisfied with, so glad you liked it. Also, MFT provides a ton of fun tunes, glad I've given them another fan :D

Mitch - It never hurts to ask :P

MR - As always, thanks for the in-depth reviews!

RG - The percentage for those two was 2.5%, sir!

ceiling_fan - I'm glad! #2 was originally the lesser in my eyes, as I just wanted something to pair off with the Galant, but the more I looked at the image, the more it felt right to me!

Fishy Juice - :cheers:

chromatic9 - That's odd - I sent a car and a ticket, a few weeks ago, so they should definitely be in your inbox, since I don't believe the server deletes anything. I'll have a look back to see what I should re-send, and I'll try again.

Last edited:
Wow, Looks really good. Well done for bringing a traditional GT car into GT5. Only if I could drive it, because it looks so good. 👍 :drool:

Yet another outstanding picture from you. There is not much to say. I see what you tried to achieve, and it worked out very well in my opinion. The car is so crisp and clean (good focus) and that bodywork is just something special that I have never seen before (in GT5). I like the lighting and reflections on the car; especially the reflection of the blue sky. The amount of noise is good and I like the road blur. The colours are strong, but far from being distracting. It is a minor detail, but I have to ask: Is the 'D' of 'Honda' supposed to be touching the white stripe (above it)? Or maybe it is just the lighting?

Thank you for sharing your phenomenal work with us, SlipZtrEm! 👍

Very nice picture. I wasn't really ready to start playing by the time GT1 was released, but I have done some research retrospectively. :P

Anyway, I like the sense of speed conveyed in the picture, and I feel that the composition is just fantastic. A short but sweet update. :drool:

A great job on the Del Sol LM! I know well it takes alot of work to do that and the execution is truly superb. 👍

Wow. Your work on the body kit of the car looks like it comes straight from GT5 you really cant tell you have added it in. Fantastic editing skills and an amazing shot 👍

Great editing chops Slipz! I keep going back to your 2000 GT-R from the previous update though. That shot is amazing. I love your composition in that photo with the tower and cables in the background. The sky is amazing and the color of the car adds to the industrial feel of the photo. Great stuff man.

Beautiful car, beautiful work!! Thats a car that I personally like a lot, and you have take a outsanding photo, capturing well the essence of the Del Sol. So stylish looking, and lovely blur too 👍

:cheers:

Back