slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
[...]

GT-R - A name change? Noice! To belatedly answer you - only have a few shots, need to revisit the replay. Remind me again when it seems like I'm slacking - I really do want to see how they turn out, but this pesky real life thing is starting to annoy me :P

[...]

Yep, thank you. :)

Still sounds good; will remember to wake you up from time to time. :P

To get back to the important stuff, the latest update, I have to say that I like how the pictures turned out. The colours are strong - I cannot detect any unwanted (bad; blurry) colour transitions - and the contrasts are fine. Shutter speed seems to be good and the lighting is appropriate, as well. ๐Ÿ‘

725 - Thanks Seven, it is handy, though it's made me question if I really need to do these presentation posts anymore. Short answer - why not?! :D

Exactly! The presentation shots are half the appeal ๐Ÿ‘ Great PS work I'll have to look into this Remix thread, its difficult to vistis gtp as much as I did before

Love this set, Fido did a brilliant job of the photography and you've produced an awesome edit with the usual slick presentation. Top marks! :drool: ๐Ÿ‘ :)

(click on image for full-size)

FEATURING:
COVER STORY: THE WINDS ARE WHISPERING
A hands-on drive of Pagani's eagerly anticipated supercar, both on the road and in anger on track. (FM4)

COVER STORY: LOST THE PLOT?
Mini's new Countryman seems extra silly in FWD form. Can it pass muster at the harshest judge of character, the Green Hell? (GT5)

COVER STORY: AFFORDABLE HERO
The Toyobaru could very well be the peoples' enthusiast car of 2012. We have the final verdict. (GT5)

COVER STORY: LONG-TERMER TEST
Part 1 of our massive Hangar overview - a dozen of our long-term vehicles take to the Nurburgring GP course to see how they compare. (GT5/FM4)

UNLIKELY ALLIES
Our man Nick takes his shiny new V12 Vantage to Tsukuba to face off against a monster of an orange R8... (GT5)

THE RED SOW
Sure, AMG Mercs filled to the brim with engine seems the norm now, but it all started 41 years ago with this, the original 300 SEL 6.8 AMG. (FM4)

AND MORE!
On stands May 1!

_________________________​

Update Info: Oh, just something I'm working on... :D
I'm playing with a new format, and I think this may be the first dual-game update when it's ready. But as I enjoy these magazine layouts so much, yet don't quite have the time to do them to the same capacity as before, I thought I'd ask the Photomode community - what do you all think of something similar to GTLife magazine, but curated by the Photomode community specifically? Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

BkS - Thanks, but all the credit should go to Fido, and Gtuned for the RE:MIX idea!

SVX - You know, you made a good point, and I've since shrunk the borders to half their original size. It's a bit more balanced, and as an added bonus, shows more of the actual image in preview form for competitions. Excellent ๐Ÿ‘

20832 - It's hard to gauge noise, since I'm always unsure what resolution other people are viewing the images at :nervous:. Thanks for letting me know!

Fishy - Point me to a particular set you have in mind, I should have time to do it before this issue comes out ;)

jus1029 - Gah! I keep forgetting to actually take part in all the Flickr stuff - just getting all my images on there was work enough! Will do!

SMfan - Blame the spat of unexpectedly warm weather we had during that time - I wanted the warm spring feel to transfer over to Fido's shots :D

Rev - Too cool! I'll be going for the Masters, I figure go big or go home, right? Thanks for the support - and congrats for finishing up your course, Masters of Industrial Design must be incredible :cheers:

GT-R - Thank you. I've been shooting throughout the day today, and I hope you like them as much as I do... :D

ShaolinMasta - I'll get you a bucket for that ;)

725 - They are, but I have to remember they aren't always needed, since the work to do them sometimes stops me from updating as often as I want! I hope you can return to a more regularly-scheduled program soon ๐Ÿ‘

Nato - He did produce some fantastic shots, and I only used a fraction of them! Thank you as always, buddy!

A big thank you to all :cheers:

Last edited:
Whoa, Kyle! That's amazing, fantastic, awesome, drool-worthy, well-executed, professionally-done and...

:drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘ :drool:๐Ÿ‘

That Huayra shot really looks like what you'd expect from EVO magazine. :drool:

Wow! :eek: What a teaser! :drool: Consider me well and truly teased. :D
Can't wait for this to hit the stands. ๐Ÿ‘

Love the teaser.
That is actually the kind of stuff I always loved your showroom for. Those magazine covers and articles, because no other (except Wrong Gear) does it.

Looking forward to more! :drool:

excegreaepiawesooutstallenttcmending
:drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek:
:drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek: :drool:๐Ÿ‘:bowdown::eek:

What a teaser !!
You could fool anyone into thinking that it's a real-life mag.
Looking forward to this, and I like the idea about GT photomode community magazine.

Dropbox seemed to have a hiccup earlier today - it's back up now :)

ssmemorialr1t1.jpg

ssmemorialr2t1.jpg
ssmemorialr2t3.jpg
ssmemorialr2t5.jpg
ssmemorialr2t7.jpg

ssmemorialr3t1.jpg
ssmemorialr3t3.jpg

ssmemorialr4t1.jpg
ssmemorialr4t3.jpg
ssmemorialr4t5.jpg
ssmemorialr4t7.jpg

ssmemorialr5t1.jpg
ssmemorialr5t3.jpg
ssmemorialr5t5.jpg
ssmemorialr5t7.jpg
ssmemorialr5t9.jpg

ssmemorialr6t1.jpg
ssmemorialr6t3.jpg
ssmemorialr6t5.jpg

ssmemorialr7t1.jpg
ssmemorialr7t3.jpg
ssmemorialr7t5.jpg
ssmemorialr7t7.jpg
ssmemorialr7t9.jpg

ssmemorialr8t1.jpg
ssmemorialr8t3.jpg
ssmemorialr8t5.jpg

ssmemorialr9t1.jpg
ssmemorialr9t3.jpg
ssmemorialr9t5.jpg
ssmemorialr9t7.jpg

ssmemorialr10t1.jpg
ssmemorialr10t3.jpg
ssmemorialr10t5.jpg

ssmemorialr11t1.jpg
ssmemorialr11t3.jpg
ssmemorialr11t5.jpg

ssmemorialr12t1.jpg
ssmemorialr12t3.jpg

ssmemorialr13t1.jpg

(click on images for full-size)

update info: so uh, this is technically an 81-image update ;). Quite a bit of work, and the map isn't perfect (too lazy to make even more divisions), but there it is. For those who played that first game, here's a look back. There are a few small quibbles (the aston had to be a v12 model, the scooby rally car's too new, it's an early black-roofed nsx), but i wanted to bring back the feelings of the first game. I played with tones a lot to mimic those old layouts; did you know there's actually (technically) different times of day in gt1? Hsr has two a different look in the b license tests. Enjoy!

I'm on my way out, so i'll have to respond to all the comments tomorrow, but thank you all for popping in, and i'm glad you're enjoying :cheers:
Oh god the nostalgia!

Oh no, you totally did not just chop a Pagani Zonda into a Huayra! Seriously?!

Also, big thanks for that GT1 memorial! I still play the songs from GT1 off of YouTube once in a while when I'm hungry for nostalgia ๐Ÿ‘

Can I sign up for subscription here and now?

Great work Kyle! Nice and clean design - has a good quality feeling to it. I'm very excited to see the full issue :D

Now this is a teaser! :D

The car really stands out thanks to that colour (I like how it actually matches the colour of 'rev'). Additionally, the lighting is good and the contrast between the car and the background is fine. The smooth shadows and colour transitions add to the realism of the whole picture - and we both know how difficult it is to get a good balance between the saturation/contrast of an image and the actual lighting/shadows. Even though the layout seems to be fine, I have to ask why you thought that it was a good idea not to place that Mini Countryman inside the white box fully, but leave the rear end of it in front? The lighting, which is even more important when using small pictures, is good and thus the perspective does not seem to be off or anything.

Brilliant and unique as always! I'd be really interested to see if it would be possible to publish a GTLife magazine focussed on the Photomode forum; I think there's definitely enough quality on the forum to make it worthwhile.

slipshots presents

full

full
full

full

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: ...I may have fibbed in the thread title. A few leftovers from various projects all shared a common theme, so I figured I'd toss them in together with a song I've listened to far too much since finally getting to see the band live the other month (and even meeting and talking to Alexis). I'm playing with presentation here, and it absolutely needs to be viewed on an actual computer to get the full effect - it should display properly in all browsers, but I make no promises! Enjoy!

Justin - Thanks! I'm really happy with how the Huayra's been turning out, so I hope you all enjoy it when it's finally out :D

Fido - So are you saying I should start charging? :sly:

Nato - Excellent, work continues, promise!

20832 - I'm more than okay with that - the quality of some peoples' editing these days is at such a level that I need to offer something different to try to compete!

el fayce - I'll take that as a good thing!

Bo - I've already fooled a few people actually... as for the magazine idea, keep your ears and eyes open :)

Horde - Thank you!

Smokey Nismo - Heh, don't remind me of the awful time I had setting that presentation up!

BkS - Glad you got to see it!

Bram - Ha! I wish! No no, that's a shot from Forza, as is the Exige in the corner as well. My idea is the direct opposite of the one-or-the-other mentality a lot of people have in regards to the two games; I'm gonna smash them together :D

zambuca - You absolutely can... for the low price of $0.00 while supplies last :dopey:

SVX - :cheers:

GT-R - I actually stumbled on the exact lighting editing for the Pagani, but it was a happy accident. The Countryman's framing was just something I was toying with... okay, fine, I also borrowed the idea from a recent issue of EVO. It feels slightly less formal to have the car breaking out that way :)

ShaolinMasta - Glad to hear it, that was the goal!

GT HP Nut - Thanks!

rpanico - I absolutely agree - every day, I'm more and more amazed at not just the quality on display around these parts, but the quantity of that quality as well! Simply put, it's everywhere, and it's such a great thing to see, I wouldn't mind a magazine format to share with even more people who may not pop in here as often as they should!

Last edited:
Woah.... :drool:

Loving the Furai and RSC shots. That RSC one looks like something from Halo.

If you don't mind, could you please tell me what colour the Furais wearing? Looks like a chrome red.

SVX
[...]

If you don't mind, could you please tell me what colour the Furais wearing? Looks like a chrome red.

I believe that is K2RED.

And SlipZ, are you serious? Sure? Well then...

That set is unbelievably good! I will not review each picture individually, because they all cover pretty much the same aspects. Where to begin? Ah, the lighting and the shadows: how did you do this? The contrast you get is outstanding and the overall toning is great, as well. The focal length makes every picture even more dramatic and the chosen camera angles help, too.

So, what can we conclude from this? You, sir, are crazy. ๐Ÿ‘

(Unfortunately, I cannot view the video, but I have to say that your presentation is great and I like how you implemented the video into it)

Back