◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,777 comments
Also, it seems that in the past few months sportsmanship, racecraft, and general awesomeness have gone way way up all over the snail community 👍 Am I the only one thinking it?

I agree 200%. This league provides an experience that no other league in the whole of the gran turismo world can provide. It provides a sense that we're not all just racers here for a good time, but we are a community of racers that are here for a good clean time, there maybe a few disagreements here and there, but we get through it. This league is just freakin awesome.

Just keep in mind you have to kinda throw the car into the corners

The game is a bit of a let down, when they said that the smoothest drivers would become the fastest drivers, I was expecting that the replays of the top drivers would have nice smooth corner entries and exits and that there would be a little bit of skill and precision be involved but it's more like mini drifting sessions that are somehow getting faster times that smooth drivers.

The game is a bit of a let down, when they said that the smoothest drivers would become the fastest drivers, I was expecting that the replays of the top drivers would have nice smooth corner entries and exits and that there would be a little bit of skill and precision be involved but it's more like mini drifting sessions that are somehow getting faster times that smooth drivers.

Yeah its not the kind of driving I would like it to be

It's sad the game doesn't see the erratic arcade driving style and penalize it some how. :/

2:19.740 and with that I'm going to bed. LoL

socalnatv
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Thanks so much to zer05five for setting this whole challenge up and for all the work that he puts into this league!!!

Thanks to Granstand for putting up this prize!!!

Thanks to ALL the others who put in the time to help keep this league running as well as it does!!! :cheers:

I am having so much fun racing with this group.

I can't wait to set this thing up see what it's like to race with a real set up instead of a piece of plywood clamped to two bar stools. (insert biggest s#!+ eating grin). :D

What's next...Buttkicker...yes please!

Congrats Sandblazter!

Email me your shipping info (bill@granstand.com) and we'll get the stand out to you.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the GranStand Challenge.

For those of you who did not win, we will be having another challenge towards the end of the year, and for those who don't want to wait that long, remember Snails get 10% off.

Thanks,
Bill

Yeah its not the kind of driving I would like it to be

It's sad the game doesn't see the erratic arcade driving style and penalize it some how. :/

2:19.740 and with that I'm going to bed. LoL
I dont think I fully agree. The replays I watched, they are just utilizing the neutral steer tendency of the car. the only place to me that looks a little "driftish" is how they take what I believe is vale and club corner. But that is more of a rally move then drifting.

Congrats Sandblazter!

Email me your shipping info (bill@granstand.com) and we'll get the stand out to you.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the GranStand Challenge.

For those of you who did not win, we will be having another challenge towards the end of the year, and for those who don't want to wait that long, remember Snails get 10% off.

Thanks,
Bill

Thank You Bill for supporting S.N.A.I.L. 👍

You are a great supporter of the Sim racing community and we're glad you're part of S.N.A.I.L. Now get your butt in a seat and join us for some Sunday action :)

Cheers,

kcheeb

Some pictures from D4
9237552739_eeb5f8da4d_h.jpg

Jester looking cool.
9237552931_cf424d5d47_h.jpg

Bandit leading before internet issues took their toll.
9237553457_8f8bae1e5e_h.jpg

an epic last lap battle between me and Chatva
9237553457_8f8bae1e5e_h.jpg

9240333142_037455b452_h.jpg

9237553815_7aa198102f_h.jpg

9237554461_26b3447945_h.jpg

I call this one "Right on red"
9240334176_7baecd7859_h.jpg

9240334386_1ca8e8e73b_h.jpg

9237555215_c82c4eb65f_h.jpg

7303549392_bd173e6635_h.jpg

Missing this guy on track!
Over all a great night of racing in D4! So much fun!!

7303549392_bd173e6635_h.jpg

Missing this guy on track!

I hear you loud and clear my friend! Seeing my colors and number staring at me like that really makes it hit home.. I need to get back on the track with you guys asap! I still need some stuff at home to calm down a bit, but I promise to be back on the grid by the start of the August season at the very latest!! 👍

Here are the official results from our league night on July 7, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 91 points (84.64 for Prize A)
  2. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • hillracing -------- DNR
  • QwietStorm03 ------ DNR
  • GTP_Benz-27 ------- DNR
  • Adventuruss ------- DNR
  • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
  • GumballCGT -------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
  • kendawg198 -------- DNR
  • racefan78 --------- DNR
  • GTP_Worst_Driver -- DNR
  • GTXf_Flat6fun ----- DNR
  • serge_1919 -------- DNR
  • RickyBobbyV8 ------ DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • WiiFreak ---------- DNR
Division 2
  1. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 88 points (80.86 for prize purposes only)
  2. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. VAG_star ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • zegrated ---------- DNR
  • tcrash15 ---------- DNR
  • ND_4_SPD_Naruto --- DNR
  • DrKronin ---------- DNR
  • FaelForna --------- DNR
  • patriot-1128 ------ DNR
  • GTP_Wins ---------- DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ---- DNR
  • WestCoastNFL ------ DNR
Division 3
  1. SoCalRacer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 87 points (82.26 for Prize C)
  2. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. The2ArmedMen ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. moperlover -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • schmiggz ---------- DNR
  • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
  • HusamOne ---------- DNR
  • GTSuchiiyaSan ----- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • cheechoo777 ------- DNR
  • fereck ------------ DNR
  • BOWTIEKID --------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • zer05ive ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. o10231994 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 81 points (78.63 for prize purposes only)
  2. JESter82178 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. VrapPlus ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. SoundTiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. chatva ------------ did not submit a vote
  9. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Bandit0627 -------- did not submit a vote
  • GTP_Ph7shr -------- DNR
  • GTP_pyxen --------- DNR
  • steppenwolf111 ---- DNR
  • AJHG1000 ---------- DNR
  • edwin1017 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • otakukid965 ------- DNR
  • iroquois-- -------- DNR
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • aznboi2000 -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 86 points (83.21 for Prize B)
  2. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. DigiImprov -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. RJ_Whitlock_9mm --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Fabricio98 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Driftin_Assassin -- did not submit a vote
  • Handlebar-Man ----- DNR
  • Priest8 ----------- DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • nerf058 ----------- DNR
  • flesxruoyxllik ---- DNR
  • ffbbsou812 -------- DNR
  • myato1 ------------ DNR
  • PICHON617 --------- DNR
  • nateral00 --------- DNR
  • patmanattack ------ DNR
  • DADYGERAR --------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - Ferrari F10 '10 @Côte d’Azur

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since martin20az wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 1 - Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04 @Tokyo R246 / Reverse

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since canuckleheadII gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to SoCalRacer310 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here (by posting his selection here on the thread).

Last edited:
Attendance went from around 60 down to 45 from last week to this week. Will be interesting to see if there is a bounce back next week if there is no $10 million cr. car to deal with.

JLBowler
Attendance went from around 60 down to 45 from last week to this week. Will be interesting to see if there is a bounce back next week if there is no $10 million cr. car to deal with.

For sure, I hope so.

It could also be a function of people burning out on GTA.

I see that the main info page has an article talking about the frame rate issue in GT6 that a lot of us have seen.

I knew I wasn't blind...yet.

+1

monaco was a bad pick sry guys

At first I was inspecting just about every wall/entry. It's a wonder the Crew Chief let me stay on as Driver. Then gradually I started getting the "feel/rhythm" and it wasn't so bad. Owens provided some pointers, and my time dropped 3-4 seconds.

Didn't fare so well during the races, but then ....... most everyone got crossed up one time or another.

That combo certainly made us work harder, and focus more than usual ... IMHO.

So, Thanks SoCal for the challenge - now I'd like to see us take that F-10 to a faster and more open track.

Don't feel bad about your choice - my choice of Tokyo Reverse might get the ax as well.

I can honestly say that I think f1 at Tokyo would probably be terrible because it is a magnet for Peleus in a few spots, such as the first section where the course gets narrow, you crash there and the whole field is done. I would pick a course for it that stays wide the whole course and has space for crashes instead of walls as the border of the course, such as Fuji or Indy road

the2armedmen
I can honestly say that I think f1 at Tokyo would probably be terrible because it is a magnet for Peleus in a few spots, such as the first section where the course gets narrow, you crash there and the whole field is done. I would pick a course for it that stays wide the whole course and has space for crashes instead of walls as the border of the course, such as Fuji or Indy road

We ran f1s at Tokyo earlier, and it was lots of fun. If you touch some of the curbs on fugi, don't be surprised to get a penalty. Indy road course is a lot of fun with f1s, this is all with my experience though.

Back