Is hybriding impossible for newbies?

• Thread starter Majarvis
  • 72 comments

Majarvis

(Banned)
Hi, I just registered here the other day and have been reading this section with great interest, and at the same time great confusion. I'm not perfectly clear on what I do and don't need, and how I go about doing it

Like will it corrupt my save file, etc...

What I'd like to do, ideally, is edit the F686/M to have a Toyota GT-ONE race car engine in it, fully upgraded to 1350hp (to make my own 1983 Brabham BT52B :P), and have the possibility to use super slicks and super softs. Also, can you choose what colour, etc... I'll admit I haven't read everything, because that's a lot to read, but if someone could give me a running start as to what to buy, and then what to do with it, would be much appreciated :)

No, GT3 hybrids won't corrupt your save. U can make them with either a Sharkport(now Xport) or a GS2/AR2 or codebreaker. The Xport is the easiest way, as long as U have a PC with a usb port to put the cable in. U will also need to D/L MK's program to edit /hybrid the save. There is lots of info on the net about this process, as well as a good help file included with MK's, but once U have the necassary hardware, if U are having trouble figuring it out, we are always glad to help. Also, when U purchase an xport, or AR2, since U are from North America, U will need to get the NTSC version, so if U buy it on the net, make sure U specify that.

Ok, but if it's called a sharkport in the store it's still going to work the same right? And I have a PC with a USB port, ok, I'll see what I can do about getting that. Where do I get that program?

Yes, if U have sharkports in the stores, That will work fine. That is what most of us NTSC users have. Datel, the manufacturer has recently stoped making the gameshark products, and so the new releases are called Xport

Another question, can you put any engine combination with any car, etc? And would you be able to use super slicks on an F1 car if it's a hybrid, but be able to switch back to the mediums, and maybe even use super softs?

No, U won't need a gameshark with the sharkport and MK's, and yes u can basically use ant part with any car, with the exception of colors. They must go with the original body they are used with.

Yep, when U do a body change in MK's it will automatically change the color to one that goes with that body, then u can click on it and change the color to any one that is available for that body.

Slot1 is the car at the absolute top of the list, but that is only a concearn when hybriding with a GS2. With MK's u can work on any car in the garage, and there are no codes to enter, just parts to swap.

And yes it just takes a bit of practice, it's really quite easy.

If U haven't already, U should D/L MK's and a gamesave so U can start to mess around with it. U can get MK's V38 Here , and a gamesave Here

Sweet man, you're making me less timid of this :D

If I can't find one in the store, can you direct me towards a site that sell NTSC XPorts for the PS2? I searched on google but found nothing.

Heydu: You seem to know a lot about hybriding, so I'm just wondering, after reading several pages about the stuff, I need to know some things, when using an X-Port and that program

1) If I was editing an F1 car, and was putting in let's say the GT-ONE engine, would I use the GT-ONE transmission or the F1 cars?

2) Gearing info, what do I put in there (1st gear, etc...)

3) I notice there are extra turbo columns, such as "Turbo 6" what are those for?

I think that's it, of course I can't load a garage yet without an X-Port so some of my questions are speculative.

If you could answer this question too, it would put aside a lot of questions for me as well:

Q - If I was editing an F686/M, an put in the GT-ONE race engine in with a stage 4 turbo putting out 1350hp, which transmission SHOULD I use? The GT-ONE meant for that engine, or the stock F1 transmission? Also if I used the F1's transmission would that allow it to rev higher? Or is that the limit of the engine itself?

Also, would I be able to have an option of using GT-ONE super softs and super slicks, but still be able to change parts back to the F1's standard mediums?

And would I be able to put a weight reduction and change the downforce settings on the F1 car (I would want to reduce it's minimum setting, and increase it's maximum)

1- U could use either tranny, the GT one tranny would be more or less already setup with the proper ratios, but if your going to jack it up to 1350 hp, u will have to adjust it anyway. The choice of trannies won't affect how high an engine can rev. U can also use any other tranny, I like to user the C5r and Altezza LM.

2-U can only change the gearing by editing the ini file. When U do a tranny swap to most full race trannies, the ratios should already be set, and U can adjust them to fit your needs in the game/settings screen.

3-Again, the extra turbo settings can only be adjusted by way of the cars ini file. Basically these are set by what ever turbo U are using, and they control what amount of turbo boost U get in each gear,1-6. I haven't really played with this at all.

4- Yea U can use the SS Gtone tires, and I believe U can change to the F1s at the settings screen/change parts option. But then U would have to go back into MK's to switch back to the GT one tires. Just so U know the F1 tires willo grip much better than the GTone tires.

5- U can absolutely add weight reduction, an 85% stage 3 WR will bring the F1s weight down to 459kg. As far as the DF, U can adjust it to above or below the games boundaries in the cars ini file, but it if U try to adjust it in the game it will go to default values. Example: If u set the rear DF to 2.50 in MK's, when U go to the settings screen it will say it's 2.50, but if U try to make it 2.49 while in the settings screen it will go to 1.25 or 1.5, what ever the normal max for an F1 is.

OK I think I covered everything, also there is good info on editing the ini file and other program functions in MK's help section.

Man, thank you so much :) That is very helpful info indeed! :D

Well, I just ordered an X-Port today :) It's NTSC I made sure. I was reading some codes on the links from a search I did on this forum, but is there a site you use that has tons of codes, even if it is the one I already saw, can you give me the link?

Oh yeah, sorry, but a few more questions came into my mind :rolleyes:

1) If you put a 787B engine into an F1 car, can you then install a stage 4 turbo from an ESCUDO?, or are you limited to using parts specific to that engine?

2) Would it be beneficial to install let's say, triple plate clutches, racing intercoolers, etc, from road cars onto a car that cannot get them by itself (for instance you cannot buy a racing intercooler for a GT-ONE Race Car) or are the "Normal" ones more beneficial to that engine than let's say a Supra's intercooler?

3) Would I be able to put a F094/S chassis underneath let's say, an F686/M? Along with other parts from the 94, such as its tires, and brakes?

4) Can you install certain parts from F1 cars onto road cars, like putting F1 brakes onto an RX7?

I think that's it, but if you have other things to add, please do, you're EXTREMELY helpful :)

Originally posted by Majarvis
Oh yeah, sorry, but a few more questions came into my mind :rolleyes:

1) If you put a 787B engine into an F1 car, can you then install a stage 4 turbo from an ESCUDO?, or are you limited to using parts specific to that engine?

2) Would it be beneficial to install let's say, triple plate clutches, racing intercoolers, etc, from road cars onto a car that cannot get them by itself (for instance you cannot buy a racing intercooler for a GT-ONE Race Car) or are the "Normal" ones more beneficial to that engine than let's say a Supra's intercooler?

3) Would I be able to put a F094/S chassis underneath let's say, an F686/M? Along with other parts from the 94, such as its tires, and brakes?

4) Can you install certain parts from F1 cars onto road cars, like putting F1 brakes onto an RX7?

I think that's it, but if you have other things to add, please do, you're EXTREMELY helpful :)

1) Yes you can use parts from different cars. Like how you stated.

2) Well it matters. A race version is alot better than a road version unless your taking it from a GT-One road car and putting it on a SuperAutobacks MRS.

3) Yes, you can put any chassis on any car.

4) Yep, any part for any car.

Hey you dont have to worry about asking too many questions! :D

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Atually Heydu sometimes a Hybrid can currupt your save but it would have to be a really waked hybrid, so you dont have to worry Majarvis...

Actually, hybrids can't corrupt a save, but hybrid builders can.:D
That is to say, a properly built hybrid will not, but a misplaced or bogus code(human error) will freeze a game. Still, by definition, it's not really corrupted, but it won't function.

Majarvis, as Frustrated Palm already said, U can freely mix and match parts. U will see in MK's, if U wereto click on a turbo, then right click and select change part, in the list that comes up it will tell U the approximate percentage of hp increase for each one. Keep in mind that if a part says 150%, that means 150% of the original hp, or a 50% increase.

As far as codes, what type of codes are u looking for? Cuz with the xport and MK's U won't need any codes for hybriding. Are U looking for things like lap modifiers and no tire wear?

Oh ok I was under the impression you had to enter codes in each field to get different parts. So it's more like a drop down list?

Oops, my bad :rolleyes:

I opened up the program and saw that there are menus and stuff by right clicking like you said. This is even easier than I though, I really can't wait now :D

Is there a way to change the name of the car btw?

Back