Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Randomizer!

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 48 comments
Tell me what you think. Maybe i can improve something?

I actually really like the idea...i never know what car to choose, so i always end up choosing my favorites and never driving anything new. Good program. If I were to add one thing, maybe the type of race as well (single race, time trial, etc...)...and for the EU and US version, DRIFT mode as well. But that's up to you.

EDIT: Also i just noticed...everytime you start up and then close the program, next time you open it up again, the same first car and tracks appear in the same order. Is there a way to fix that or not really? The GT4 randomizer doesn't have this problem.

I actually really like the idea...i never know what car to choose, so i always end up choosing my favorites and never driving anything new. Good program. If I were to add one thing, maybe the type of race as well (single race, time trial, etc...)...and for the EU and US version, DRIFT mode as well. But that's up to you.

EDIT: Also i just noticed...everytime you start up and then close the program, next time you open it up again, the same first car and tracks appear in the same order. Is there a way to fix that or not really? The GT4 randomizer doesn't have this problem.

that error is weird... i'll check into that... i could add the race mode into the randomizer but the drift mode is a little pointless in my opinion, like Drifting in a Daihatsu OFC-1 :lol: and then i'm left with only 2 modes. Might aswell flip a coin :)

I will release the EU and US as seperate programs, i want the programs to be one click away directly after opening it.

Great feedback btw.

that error is weird... i'll check into that... i could add the race mode into the randomizer but the drift mode is a little pointless in my opinion, like Drifting in a Daihatsu OFC-1 :lol: and then i'm left with only 2 modes. Might aswell flip a coin :)

I will release the EU and US as seperate programs, i want the programs to be one click away directly after opening it.

Great feedback btw.

Yeah I guess i see what you mean by the drift mode...haha just a thought though. But yeah other than that bug, great job on it.

Computer program randomizers are never completely random...

ANYWAY...very nice idea to get me off the same car I drive everytime.

What do you mean about the randomness? If i start the same program twice and it do exactly the same both times, but the result differs. Sounds pretty random to me. :dopey:

What do you mean about the randomness? If i start the same program twice and it do exactly the same both times, but the result differs. Sounds pretty random to me. :dopey:

Well computer programs are usually pseudo-numbers that only appear to be random, but still follow a set formula to determine a number. True randomness requires a computer to monitor a truly random event.

Well computer programs are usually pseudo-numbers that only appear to be random, but still follow a set formula to determine a number. True randomness requires a computer to monitor a truly random event.

As long as I can't figure out the order, i don't care if some computer can. ;)👍

I love randomizers in games. It's only too bad there isn't one built in - it's always fun to have no idea whatsoever of your track and car until the race starts. It can lead to some awesome multiplayer matchups, too...

Anyone know where I can find a full car list from GT5 Prologue EU and US? I think i heard somewhere that there are some differences between them.

You really didn't have to make it a downloadable program: It would have been easier to use PHP.

I assume the problem you were having is that you set the same random "seed" every time (so the random numbers were always the same). A good fix would be to use time as the seed.

Good idea btw. Maybe you should make it more intelligent, and ask questions like (High peformance, low performance, small track, long track), and then do a weighted random number.

Sorry, but what is a randomyzer? for what they use?:)

Thanks

It picks a car and a track for you when you don't know what to drive.

You really didn't have to make it a downloadable program: It would have been easier to use PHP.

I assume the problem you were having is that you set the same random "seed" every time (so the random numbers were always the same). A good fix would be to use time as the seed.

Good idea btw. Maybe you should make it more intelligent, and ask questions like (High peformance, low performance, small track, long track), and then do a weighted random number.

The random problem has been fixed. I did make a little more advanced randomizer for Gran Turismo 4 but it's not very useful and the program looks a little ugly.

No. I think the US version has 5 more cars than the UK version. Not much of a big deal really.
Not sure about the Japanese Spec II version though.

It is sort of a big deal actually ;) You don't want a randomizer with almost every car. You want it all :)

Anyway i've updated the site now so it contains a EU version of GT5P.

Enjoy and feel free to send a coin or two. This is getting expensive :ill:

Great little program. I would suggest adding a number of laps between 2 to 99. If people then wish to ignore the laps they can do so:)

NEW VERSION OUT! :D

* Car names changed so it's easier to see the brand name
* GT5Pj and GT5Peu has become GT5P since the game updates.
* Number of laps added. (thanks Amused2Death66)

Thanks a lot for the donations. An update is coming soon with some fixes. If you have any more ideas dont keep them in :)

Wow..I tried it and the Nissan Skyline Spec II at London doesn't sound that bad..

Great, nice, 👍.

Is it possible to incorporate this into GT5p? :D

This computer is downstairs and I play GT5p upstairs. I don't see myself running up and down all the time to generate random track and car.

:)

Back