All Gold C,B,A,S and Events

• Thread starter Totte
  • 149 comments
hi just thought let you know ive posted some videos on events people seem to be having problems with. there are 2 videos for each replay 1 showing normal cockpit view and another with bumper cam and driving line turned on for replay. wont post them all on here but on youtube go to channels and search for gt5pp. quality could be better but might help those that are stuck.

events are c3, b3, b6, b8, a3, a8 and s8 at mo.

Thanks heaps gt5pp 👍 I'm putting your A-3 video in this post because I need to study it over and over again :)

I can't stand having 39 Gold and 1 Silver :sly:

Just learn to slipstream every single possible car properly and you'll find it very easy indeed! Oh and you'll definatley need ot put it in manual.

Yahooooo! I didnt use manual but managed to beat the bugger by 0.067 secs!! thx

edit: The Cappucino is so damn slow!! Will need tips to get gold here too!

w00tage! just got a gold on A-3 after fiddling with the in-car brake bias settings. funnily enough, setting the front and rear to 10 allowed me to go a lot deeper into the braking zones...👍
I don't get it. You say that you can tune your car in A-3! Well I can't! :guilty:

No tuning for the A-3 in my copy of GT5p. I don't think it is even possible to tune the car in any event (with my copy).

rev_hard
edit: The Cappucino is so damn slow!! Will need tips to get gold here too!
Maybe this could help. I waited for almost a minute before driving out of the pit and the got cought in the slipstream of faster cars. You have to keep them behind you in every turn and start to slipstream when coming out of the turn.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2977079&postcount=86

FIXED

Maybe this could help. I waited for almost a minute before driving out of the pit and the got cought in the slipstream of faster cars. You have to keep them behind you in every turn and start to slipstream when coming out of the turn.

Cappucino C-3 video

I got a silver in C-3 and have gold in other C events. Just starting off with B class events.

The link don't work :P.

Finally got it! It's not the most *other-car-friendly* lap but that's 40 gold in the bag 👍 3 of them will need tidying up...but that can happen later...I think I'll go and polish off all the manufacturer events now. Thanks for the vid gt5pp, I took note of all your corner speeds and that helped immensely, I was doing 1'13.2xx - 1'13.7xx almost every lap. I had a perfectly clean 1'13.1xx but needed some luck to finally get over the line...giddy up!

Is it true that you can tune your car in the C-B-A-S-events?

I have the EU version and there is no way I can tune the cars.

I don't get it. You say that you can tune your car in A-3! Well I can't! :guilty:

No tuning for the A-3 in my copy of GT5p. I don't think it is even possible to tune the car in any event (with my copy).

Read it again, I mentioned the in car tuning which is possible at any time. If you're using the G25 wheel you will have to set it up from the options menu as you don't get it as standard.
Annoyingly the people who post up replays of that don't mention this crucial fact! Highly cruel behaviour IMO...

Read it again, I mentioned the in car tuning which is possible at any time. If you're using the G25 wheel you will have to set it up from the options menu as you don't get it as standard.
Annoyingly the people who post up replays of that don't mention this crucial fact! Highly cruel behaviour IMO...
Hey, thanks for this!

I'm going to try it out and maybe I can get gold at last.

I've been working with these settings in the arcade part of the game. Never thought of using it during the events.

Thanks againg haps!

;)

:)

I've just finished first on S-10 with the amuse S2000. The gear ratio is very low when you buy it, every car just accelerates away from it, perhaps it's for drifting. I increased it quite a lot which didn't bog down the car whatsoever and then it seemed to be par with the S2000 and the tuned Corvette in the race and managed to finish 5 seconds clear. I tried with the 599 as thats pretty good tuned up and got fairly close but I kept going slightly off track ending up in the sand after about four laps, so I bought a tuned car instead.

I've got all golds for C, B, A and S Events in the spec II JPN copy, just got the dealer events to do, then I'll start doing more on my PAL copy.

When doing the Ford GT time trial in S class I managed to do consistent laps of 1'10'600 - 800 with no slipstreaming and then eventually got a bit of slipstream to get gold. Took me about 15-20 laps to get the hang of the Ford GT. For me it was best to just try and not steer it so much and let the car find it's way around a corner after initially steering into it on HSR. Really enjoy the Ford GT.

On the M3 A trial, I went to the online time trial to practice without the cars in the way and got it down to 1'12.800 on the Japan boards using a ghost, and then just applied that to the A-3 event, and it seemed pretty much the same for both the A event and the online TT in the BMW M3 with the difference just being S1 and S2 tyres.

I was loosing 200-300 hundreds of a second on the tight right then left near the end before the uphill straight on Eiger A-3 by pushing too much and not feeding the car round and letting the momentum take me round, after that I could just roll through it and was better set for accelerating out and then up the hill and managing not to drop below 60 kmh when before I was 45-55 ish and too narrow.

BMW M3 A-3 was the hardest for me out of all the events in Spec I and the new Spec II events.

Can you post your settings for the Amuse S2000 for S-10, this is the last race I need to do, and its doing my nut in!

I'm cursed or my copy is :ouch:.

I can't go faster than silver in A-3, B-3 and B-8.

I must be the worst driver ever!

;)

Thanks for that.

I used the Ford GT LM to get 3rd at S10, is there a better option?
Is a RWD layout better than the mid engine layout in the Ford handling wise?

My recommendation would be the Corvette. I tried about 30+ times with the Ford GT LM, Amuse S2000 and the 111R and could only manage 2nd. Using the Corvette the game gave me what i reckoned to be weaker opposition. The 2nd placed car i overtook to win was a corvette too. No Amuse S2000 or Ford GT's in the top six. Perhaps it was a one off, but deffo worth a try as the Corvette handles like a dream with all aids turned off, you can really throw it into corners and power out. :)

Can you post your settings for the Amuse S2000 for S-10, this is the last race I need to do, and its doing my nut in!

I did S-10 before the before the latest update so my QTS was reset and I didn't write them down but I remember making it a 6 gear car. I've got the replay which is still playable, and I'll have ago at doing S-10 again tonight.

Hi

What exactly do you mean by "in car tuning"? I'm at level A right now and don't know how to access this tuning part!

He means real time adjustments where you have some settings you can change while racing (TCS, ASM, ABS, Brake pressure/balance, power distribution).

If you do not have a Logitech DF GT then you just need to map the adjustment buttons it to your controller in options.

I'm still .6 seconds away from a gold on the Capuccino trial. I never thought to drift though :P Might help shave a few seconds off my time.

I'm struggling with the C3 event. I cant seem to draft enough. All the cars blow me away

try getting behind the mini cooper. It's of a 'similar' performance to the cappacino (SP?!) so you should be able to stick with it. And ALL cars are mega slow in the tighter corners so you should be able to catch them here to still be behind them for the straights.

I now have all golds except A3. I'm .057 away from a silver but just get any quicker! grrr!

Started Wed. evening (4/16) after work and (with working 'normal' hours on thursday and friday) I golded them all on Sat afternoon 👍 Now on to the manufacturer races! Laters.

Jerome

try getting behind the mini cooper. It's of a 'similar' performance to the cappacino (SP?!) so you should be able to stick with it. And ALL cars are mega slow in the tighter corners so you should be able to catch them here to still be behind them for the straights.

I now have all golds except A3. I'm .057 away from a silver but just get any quicker! grrr!

thanks for your help. I will try it again.

I have been away from my PS3 since Saturday, but after surprisingly few goes I have at last golded B-3 (DS3, MT, all aids off). I was 2/10ths up entering the back straight, made a little mess of the last bend(s), but crossed the line in 1.14.000 - bang on the money. Now just C-3 to do.

So, what comes after C - B - A - and S ?? Is there more after this initial proving ground?

I am currently Two trophies from completing A class on Pro-Physiques...

- Will

This afternoon I decided, after a few weeks, to try to gold the last three events on which I only managed to get silver.

These three events are A-3: M3, Eiger Nordwand, B-3: EVO IX GSR Eiger Nordwand, B-8: GT-R, High Speed Ring.

Well I did it.

The only thing that I did wrong was that I had switched on ASM and I didn't set the brakes to maximum; front; 10 and rear; 9.
So I thought I am going to try without aids and set the brakes to max. and it was a lot easier. I'm using the G25 and all events are done on standard physics.

w00t, hehe

:)

Well done kikie :cheers:

As I am going on a family holiday in 10 days time I started my final gold last night (A-3). I kept the brakes at 5-5, reaching the second point in under 31s on most runs and was getting regular low 1.13s. I know the lap is within me, it is just a matter of hanging it together for a whole lap and not getting traffic in the wrong place - which has happened twice :ouch: . In typical GT fashion I anticipate that it might take one day or several days. :lol:

Thanks

To all future event racers whom try to get gold, don't turn on ASM like I did because it will only slow you down.

All gold as of last week when I finally got the gold on A3 (Eiger in the BMW). Most of them were gold on the first attempt. I only had trouble with 3 of the events.

Fun stuff!!!

Man you guys are good! I'm struggling getting bronze on The A: F430 hotlap and the A-9: Race @ suzuka. These are just so hard. I always end up pushing it too hard and end up spinning with a "soft" landing in the kittybox or go too slow and end up 4th.

Tried a search for some help and this thread seemed the place to be.

Back