Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
That trailer looks amazing! To be honest, the graphics seem very close to the standard of GT5 IMO, there really isn't a lot in it judging by that video. GT5 has the edge on the number of cars and the scenery but the rest seems level pegging to me!

I cannot wait for this, definitely having damage and allowing the cars to roll is already a step ahead of GT5 and it's looking like it will be out first too!

BTW does anyone know if that 'stunt' trailer is in game footage? Because the Corvette reflects in the paintwork on the R8! Nice!

Reventón;3412426
While that is a great trailer, there is no denying that the shooting style is a complete rip off of Gran Turismo. Everything from the camera movements of the R10 to the sudden change in action & drifting, it all looked very much like an attempt at creating GT editing.
I so agree with you... The graphics, the trailer, the everything, is an attempt at copying GT. They obviously fail though! And only 8 cars on track!? It's a poor joke...

for those that care the trailer with all the cars spinning was CGI. The cockpit view was in game (I think replay). Go to the website and watch the first video most of that is actual gameplay and how the game will look. I honestly must hold all judgment until I actually see GT5 but FM3 is looking pretty good.

I wasn't impressed, not by a long shot. If at all, the impression I got was of 'come play with the cars'. That trailer is a joke, cars are actually dancing, like it is some musical or something, to the sound of really bad music (imo). I don't care if the gameplay is ace, because from all the reading I did, in terms of gameplay GT is on par or maybe below/above.

But this alone won't make or break a racing sim - there is so much more going for GT. It has a soul, in a sense, and that is something that Forza is lacking imho.

I never played Forza, but like I said gameplay alone won't make or break the game for me. I like GT's sense of style much much better.

Reventón;3412426
While that is a great trailer, there is no denying that the shooting style is a complete rip off of Gran Turismo. Everything from the camera movements of the R10 to the sudden change in action & drifting, it all looked very much like an attempt at creating GT editing.

Well, that would be a huge step in the right direction, considering that was Forza 2's biggest downfall, in my opinion. Some decent camera angles should be paramount. I'm so sick of staring at the side of the car, or from the hood/bumper cam (I can see that when I'm actually driving the cars, Turn 10). At least they could give you the option of picking in car/hood/ or track cams (ala GT).

;)

While you do have a point, way to go twisting my post. I never said the game sucks. I said I wasn't impressed. Or is that even not allowed?

What are you talking about?! I never suggested that you had said anything along those lines! I said you had made a judgement on a game. Nothing more.

Um you guys realise the trailer posted on the previous page wasnt the trailer shown in the MS press conference right?

That one had the cars doing stunts on a coastal road, doing 180's and driving backwards, performing stunts and near misses with one another. It looks like the driving feature NFS incorperated into Undercover to allow you to escape from the Police quickly.

Forza 3 may be alot of great things from what ive seen but for MS to say it has the best graphics out there is a total lie, if theres one thing PD pushes the boat out with its graphics and car models.

Robin.

What are you talking about?! I never suggested that you had said anything along those lines! I said you had made a judgement on a game. Nothing more.

Well sorry about that, but that comment about soul comes from the way the game is designed and the way it looks outside the tracks.

After watching the trailer, color me unimpressed. They need to show more than a trailer with GT-copied camera movements for me to even consider purchasing a 360. Plus, Microsoft is already on my bad side after I had to replace TWO previous generation Xbox's after they crapped out on me.

I've waited this long for GT5, I can wait some more.

I can't expect even 90% of the people here to have a fair opinion of the game, it could be the best driving game ever but people here would say GT is better. Forza has always been an excellent alternative from GT for me. I find it more entertaining with a higher replay value, and the whole deal with it come out at decent intervals is not half bad either.

This one looks like it will be fun , sure the graphics aren't as pretty as GT5 but that doesn't bother me. Eight cars on the track isn't bothersome either. I don't even care if the physics aren't 100% realistic because I don't expect that from a video game. If I want a real driving experience I'll go drive my actual car. For me video games are for entertainment, which is why I get a chuckle when so many people get so worked up about GT.

I'll buy Forza 3 just as long as they don't get rid of what made the first two Forza's awesome, the fact that I can take a stock econobox or sport compact and turn it into a weekend racer. I find the GT series focuses more on actual racecars over road cars, which really isn't all that interesting to me. I don't want to race Le Mans or JGTC cars, I want to race a slightly tuned Civic 3-door hatchbacks and the like.

I obviously have no idea how "impressed" I will be by the gameplay, physics, etc., but the real killer seems to me to be the fact that it will have as many tracks as, and as many or more cars than, GT5 is rumored to have, with a release date of October this year. And it sure will look bad if PD doesn't talk about GT5. Who knows, the game could be crap, but there sure will be a ton of people buying it if they're marketing it like they are and releasing it before GT5.

Great points Joey. The only shocking thing to me about this is the release date. I'll buy it but I hope and pray it DOES NOT have the same LVL system. I hated it and it was sole reason I quite BOTH games. Oh yeay no silver online play kinda helped.

I obviously have no idea how "impressed" I will be by the gameplay, physics, etc., but the real killer seems to me to be the fact that it will have as many tracks as, and as many or more cars than, GT5 is rumored to have, with a release date of October this year. And it sure will look bad if PD doesn't talk about GT5. Who knows, the game could be crap, but there sure will be a ton of people buying it if they're marketing it like they are and releasing it before GT5.

Forza 2 claims to have had XX amount of tracks but only 11 different environments and only 3 of those were new :).

They rolled the damn car! Good luck GT anything less and you fail.

Who will have weather? Who will have night racing? If GT has damage and has weather and night racing rolling of the car can be over looked, But anything less and they fail. The ability to roll the car opens up the physics alot.

Great points Joey. The only shocking thing to me about this is the release date. I'll buy it but I hope and pray it DOES NOT have the same LVL system. I hated it and it was sole reason I quite BOTH games. Oh yeay no silver online play kinda helped.

Ya the level system was awful, I want to level up in RPG's, not racing games. Just give me access to all the content straight up and let me buy it with money I win from races. That was one major thing I hated about Forza, but I guess the same can be said about the license tests in GT. I mean I just shelled out $50-$60 for the game, don't limit me.

And I'm guessing you'll see the release date pushed till Xmas, it's a video game after all and developers suck at meeting deadlines.

What Joey just said reflects my feelings 100%.

Video games are all about fun, and while GT is fun for a while, you can only get into the car and drive it, with basic tuning. On Forza you can buy that car, then turn it into a full on track monster, even doing engine swaps and giving it your custom designed livery to be used online.

And you know Microsoft won't stop people from using copyrighted material on their cars online like Sony would.

Given the option of driving a standard Civic with a few tune ups realistically or driving a huge horsepower monster Civic created by you for a laugh in what is still a fairly realistic game, which sounds more fun?

Last week I took a Koenigsegg CCGT tuned to around 1000hp with the words '****BUSTER' painted on the back round the Nurburgring with my friend. When we crashed, the cars got damaged and couldn't continue. When we nudged each other, we spun out. It was such a good laugh! You simply don't get that in the GT series.

They are brilliant as a 'real driving simulator' and I'm sure GT5 will be very realistic, but you know what is more realistic? Driving a real car.

All I wanted to do was modify an F430 to look like the Ridge Racer Raggio but I need to b LVL 25. I got there but by then I lost interest and wanted a CCR that was way out of reach.

I agree, at times I find GT too serious and it could do with some more energy and fun such as road point to point racing, bodykits and vynil editors. Forza manages to have this stuff and not have it turn into NFSU so why can't PD.

Forza manages to have this stuff and not have it turn into NFSU so why can't PD.

Because it would take 16 years instead of 8 for the game to come out because they are to anal about everything.

Forza 2 claims to have had XX amount of tracks but only 11 different environments and only 3 of those were new :).

This is how Forza 2 is advertised at xbox.com:

Forza Motorsport 2 features over 60 tracks carved out of 18 environments, including 13 real-world licensed circuits
collect more than 300 cars from over 50 of the world’s leading manufacturers

Forza 3: 400+ Cars, 100+ Tracks.

Here's a new pic ive found of an in game menu shot.The detail is mind blowing and a big plus no visible JAGGIES!

snp1.jpg

Really doesnt look that bad, the damage is good (better than none anyway) and even if the driving is not going to be as realistic as any GT i really like Forza 2 so this is going to be an improvement.

Sorry but I had to add what I posted @ N4G ~

Anyone who believes Forza 3 is "graphically better" needs to open their eyes and search for the truth, but for those that won't I will PROVE how Forza 3 is BS ~

Fake Bullshot ~ https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fm3_e3_fiorano_22.jpg

The 360 CANNOT display a 2560x1440 resolution image. For the rest of the pics what they did was use those doctored bullshots @ 2560x1440 resolution downsized to a 1280x720 to make a "better" but still fake representation of the game.

They have done it before for Halo & Gears as well, here is the proof for those showing the improper resolution. Along with the infamous Halo 3 supposed "real time HD 1280x720p" video when we all know H3 only runs @ 640p native

Halo 3

Pics
http://www.gamerbeef.com/modules.php?name=My_eGallery&do=showpic&pid=88

http://www.gamerbeef.com/modules.php?name=My_eGallery&do=showpic&pid=96

http://www.gamerbeef.com/modules.php?name=My_eGallery&do=showpic&pid=89

http://www.gamerbeef.com/modules.php?name=My_eGallery&do=showpic&pid=97

Vid
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2007-halo-3/21489?type=mov

Gears 2

Pics
http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/scr.phtml?cat=f&platform=360&pic=gearsofwar234

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/scr.phtml?cat=f&platform=360&pic=gearsofwar233

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/scr.phtml?cat=f&platform=360&pic=gearsofwar232

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/scr.phtml?cat=f&platform=360&pic=gearsofwar231

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/scr.phtml?cat=f&platform=360&pic=gearsofwar230

Edit: Additionally ~ on screen GT5P has 16 cars @ 200,000 polys each running at 1280x1080p 60fps vs Forza 3 having 8 cars @ probably 100,000 polys (using Forza 2 & PGR4 as a base comparison) running at unconfirmed 1280x720p 60fps

Last edited:
Back