chilicoke's cockpit *03/15 UPDATE: Carbon fiber shifter paddles (pg8)

• Thread starter chilicoke
  • 245 comments
Nice Man. I myself just made a cockpit after i saw yours ! I still need to make a handbrake. But i got mine kinda like yours ! Here is mine.
tt.jpg

2010-10-18150832.jpg

2010-10-18150838.jpg

Hate to see the hijackers invading your thread, but got to say thank's for sharing and apreciate your dedication and work! Keep it up man!

What is all this talk of "hi-jacking"? The whole idea is people sharing what they have done, just as chili has shared his. If there was a new thread for every cockpit, there would be no place to compare what works or doesn't. Let's end this talk now so we can all get down to building the cockpits that work for each individual. Let's get back on topic. I'm sure chili has no problem with seeing other people's designs and discussing creative ideas. I have found several useful ideas on this thread. Especially chili's. Enough said.

Last edited:
I can't belive no one really thanked you yet. I'd like to thank you for the great inspiration for building my cockpit. Thank you for sharing your desigin and answering my question youtube because I ripped my wire while flipping the pedals like an idiot.

Hey Chilicoke, this is my first post on this site and I would just like to say that you'r awesome man. This is the best build that I have seen so far, after a while of searching.
I was just wondering if maybe it was possible for you to please send me the measurements and angles of your frame :)?
Me and my cousin are planning on building the same exact thing and just need you help with the length and etc...
Feel free to E-mail me at Lilplayazforlife@aol.com I would really Appreciate it!

Hello chilicoke!

I'm asking one question OK?

Did i understand right, or is there any mistake in my wiring diagram. (here is the link -> http://yfrog.com/g9kytkp )
And can i just plug the old shifter wires, or do i need a circuit board from old controller for that?

And sry about my BAD english. I'm from finland :)

Hmm Chilicoke, I was by FAR impressed with your cockpit craftsmanship. Could you perhaps post some sort of blueprints ? and lists of materials used ? Like Alloy tube X 5, etc'. Plus, I'm guessing that the only issue with such cockpit is that it's not foldable, meaning its harder to store away when not in use, but maybe I'm wrong? Anyways, huge props and I subscribed to your YouTube channel as well!

chili have you ever thought of making your own steering wheels because you have a sewing machine for lether and you could cut metal into the shape of a wheel ? if you do ill buy one P.S. I am a HUGE fan.

<rant>

It never ceases to amaze me how an informative thread quickly descends into the depths of internet idiocy.

I would suggest some posters may be better scrapping the idea of building a cockpit and investing in a desk, some books and an English dictionary.

</rant>

I have now browsed a significant number of setups and this has got to be one of the finest examples of ingenuity on the subject. I am certainly looking to take this information and look to create my own, I very much want to thank Chillicoke for his helpful nature.

I do however require one tip for which I have been unable to find an information.

Any tips on how to get a house proud partner to give permission for such an elegant addition to the lounge furnishings?

<rant>

It never ceases to amaze me how an informative thread quickly descends into the depths of internet idiocy.

I would suggest some posters may be better scrapping the idea of building a cockpit and investing in a desk, some books and an English dictionary.

</rant>

I have now browsed a significant number of setups and this has got to be one of the finest examples of ingenuity on the subject. I am certainly looking to take this information and look to create my own, I very much want to thank Chillicoke for his helpful nature.

I do however require one tip for which I have been unable to find an information.

Any tips on how to get a house proud partner to give permission for such an elegant addition to the lounge furnishings?

Well, not everybody on this forum uses English as a first language. Perhaps you should keep that in mind (how's your French, Finnish, German etc?)

As for threads 'descending into internet idiocy', can I assume that you're referring to many 'off-topic' comments and perhaps 'silly' questions? If that's the case, than you're guilty of a similar offence with a question only you can answer; namely how to please your partner. If you don't know the answer to that, nobody here will and with the attitude displayed in your opening comments, I doubt if anyone would bother to answer.

Well, not everybody on this forum uses English as a first language. Perhaps you should keep that in mind (how's your French, Finnish, German etc?)

As for threads 'descending into internet idiocy', can I assume that you're referring to many 'off-topic' comments and perhaps 'silly' questions? If that's the case, than you're guilty of a similar offence with a question only you can answer; namely how to please your partner. If you don't know the answer to that, nobody here will and with the attitude displayed in your opening comments, I doubt if anyone would bother to answer.

Woah, Mr Flame, take a chill pill :dopey:

Firstly, I never have a problem with people who do not use correct English because it is not their first language. I was referring (in a tongue in cheek fashion) to the people who have repeatedly asked the same questions in this thread over and over again, those who lack the ability to search for information themselves. Ones whom talk lyk dis on da internet cos they is wOOt cool and tings, ask questions that have already been answered and generally make a nuisance of themselves by cluttering the internet with the same junk over and over again.

I came on this forum to talk with likeminded and intelligent people like your good self......I am prepared to read through threads and look for the information I seek. In fact I spent a good hour on this one thread yesterday afternoon soaking in the information I wanted.

Secondly, I would suggest you search deep inside yourself for a sense of humour, I mean, do you really think I would be asking a bunch of people on an internet forum how best to please my fiancee? It was a joke, you know, something people generally find humorous.

Quite frankly Sir, I do not give a hoot what you or anybody else on this forum thinks of me, I came here because I have a passion for Gran Turismo and I felt like joining a community. The world is full of jerks, I am not one regardless of whether you want to paint me as one, however you, Mr Grumpy Pants need to climb down of that high horse of yours and get a good night&#8217;s sleep.

Congratulations on your Coronation as forum queen by the way, I didnt realise 123 posts elevated your status quite so highly.

Edit: Spelling Error (People in glass houses etc etc)

Hi Chilicoke,

i've been trying to get in touch with you, because I wanted to say that your cockpit is really thought out and i love it, & your mods are some of the most intricate and detailed i've seen so far. I tried sending you a pm on youtube and just read this thread for the first time... gosh i felt dumb when I read that you don't reply pm's on youtube lol. i plan on making my cockpit based off a 350z because I love that car, but my favorite one is the NISMO 380RS SuperLeggera based on the 350z. Hopefully i will get this g27 from this dude on craigslist soo( keeping my fingers crossed, knock on wood ). I wa s also wonderig if you would add me on psn because I would like to drift with you or race it would be an honor to, just saying. sorry if I'm being rude. I also have a few questions.

- What do you think about a red or any other color shift boot?
- do you plan on doing anything to your cockpit, or are you going to keep it as it currently is?

i love your mods i watched them like 10 times now hoping to do them myself.:P

thanks, and great job:tup:👍👍

EDITsorry for the edit I forgot to add that I emailed you back and forth a few times my email (ironman13579@gmail.com)

jordan

Hi Chilicoke,

i've been trying to get in touch with you, because I wanted to say that your cockpit is really thought out and i love it, & your mods are some of the most intricate and detailed i've seen so far. I tried sending you a pm on youtube and just read this thread for the first time... gosh i felt dumb when I read that you don't reply pm's on youtube lol. i plan on making my cockpit based off a 350z because I love that car, but my favorite one is the NISMO 380RS SuperLeggera based on the 350z. Hopefully i will get this g27 from this dude on craigslist soo( keeping my fingers crossed, knock on wood ). I wa s also wonderig if you would add me on psn because I would like to drift with you or race it would be an honor to, just saying. sorry if I'm being rude. I also have a few questions.

- What do you think about a red or any other color shift boot?
- do you plan on doing anything to your cockpit, or are you going to keep it as it currently is?

i love your mods i watched them like 10 times now hoping to do them myself.:P

thanks, and great job:tup:👍👍

EDITsorry for the edit I forgot to add that I emailed you back and forth a few times my email (ironman13579@gmail.com)

jordan

Hey Jordan, I live about 45 minutes from you... I'm building a couple more of these, if interested or need help, PM me. They are (currently) the exact measurements/specs of my 350Zt interior.

Hey Jordan, I live about 45 minutes from you... I'm building a couple more of these, if interested or need help, PM me. They are (currently) the exact measurements/specs of my 350Zt interior.

haha thanks i will pm you

Helle guys i have made a cockpit looking simular like cilicoke's, i started making this monday 10th and got finished the wednesday 12th, i have painted the metal and when it was finish, i think it looked pretty god :) The seat is from a 95 Ford Modeo and it is electric so it is easy to adjust. i used my dads work and did this. it cost about 40/50 dollars :)

16400648700836014563478.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

gt5yz.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]]

Say what you think :)

SOrry for bad english

Last edited:
Just a question to anyone who knows:
Driving on GT5 gravel or snow surfaces with the DFGT produces a rather harsh feel and noise from the internal parts most of the times.

I'm planning to buy a G25 or G27.

How those two perform on the same conditions?

It's the same thing with G27 - But it helps to put down the FFB to a low number, sadly it only reduces the noise, doesn't remove it.

It's the same thing with G27 - But it helps to put down the FFB to a low number, sadly it only reduces the noise, doesn't remove it.

Thanx!
I actually plan to buy one of those and change the rim like chilicoke did, and my worry is how much this noise will affect my pleasure in gaming.
You do have a G27 right?

I noticed your E-Brake, is it for show or does it work?

Go back to page 1.....
And read the thread making sure to actually READ the thread and watch the vids.
That will answer your question!

Jeez I been away for ages and still it continues lol!

Chilli hasnt been about in quite some time so its unlikely he'll reply.

And welcome:sly:

I am speechless at the amount of hard work you have put into this magnificent creation! I hope you keep on the great work!

Hi Chilicoke,

I'm concidering purchasing your hub for the G25. I'm sure this has been brought up before, but could not find a mention of it on this thread.

Is the weight of the aftermarket steering wheel a consideration? I imagine the larger diameter and any additional weight would add more stress on the FFB motors and as a result affect the life of the wheel.

Do you know how much the original G25 wheel weighs, and roughly how much heavier can I go with an aftermarket wheel? Most seem to range between 2.5-3.5lbs for 350mm diameter.

Thanks.

I don't think this guy is around anymore. I ordered some of his parts (G25 Adapter and 320 mm paddles) from his website and NOTHING. Didn't return emails, no product. NOTHING. Seems like he's taking orders and money, but NOT sending anything. Beware.

I don't think this guy is around anymore. I ordered some of his parts (G25 Adapter and 320 mm paddles) from his website and NOTHING. Didn't return emails, no product. NOTHING. Seems like he's taking orders and money, but NOT sending anything. Beware.
How long have you been waiting for? I ordered a set of 350mm paddleshifters from Chili and he sent them out in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks....which I consider to be ok considering I'm from inland Australia and he is in the US.;)
My cockpit...including the paddleshifters can be seen here:
OnlineGT's custom GT cockpit

Big thanks to Chili for all his great ideas and mods.:)
R*

He is legit. I got mine within 1 week. Shipping time may vary depending on where you live. He ships from Irvine, CA as seen on the shipping label.

6931772377_0dae6cac86_z.jpg

6931772629_a865624b7d_z.jpg

Quality is quite good.

6785656854_58178c53a2_z.jpg

Watch the wheel in action here with GTPlanet Drift Community

Last edited:
Back