HOW TO: Use your own music as BGM in GT for PSP

Don't they have to be in the sony format? Not mp3 but whatever thing that sony has that no one uses?

I have no idea what format you're talking about. These are some Audio formats.

Windows Media Audio (WMA), WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, MP3, Vorbis, Musepack, AAC, ATRAC, MP4

Is the one you're thinking of in that list?

Sony uses AAC or ATRAC... If im not mistaken that is, but usually my memory serves me right. :) However I believe it shouldnt make a difference though, I would think MP3 should work...

Sony uses AAC or ATRAC... If im not mistaken that is, but usually my memory serves me right. :) However I believe it shouldnt make a difference though, I would think MP3 should work...

AAC doesn't work. If anyone out there has successfully been able to add their own personal audio to GT PSP, then would you please go through the steps you used.

Would calling the Customer Service people do any good?

easy, drag collection of standard mp3's & drop into music folder, no subfolder's no m3u's

If you mean the Music folder thats in the main psp interface then thats the first thing I did. Perhaps the in game settings are not right, so what are they supposed to be?

I'll try to upload some screenshots of what I've got.

yeah the music folder from the root of the Memory Stick, set the user bgm folder in the music options to MUSIC

I did that too but still didn't work. What about the codec or Sampling Frequency? would they affect it at all?

@turbomp301: Having it set to natural is for External speakers. Normal is just the regular psp speakers.

maybe you need to turn up the BGM as well as USER BGM levels perhaps, dunno that was all I needed to do, might also have something to do with bit rate or encoding

maybe you need to turn up the BGM as well as USER BGM levels perhaps, dunno that was all I needed to do, might also have something to do with bit rate or encoding

What are the properties of one of your audio songs, if you dont mind me asking.
This is really getting annoying, and I bet whatever is going wrong here is so obvious yet I have no idea what it is lol.

Set your BGM volume to 100, the default is quite low... so maybe you're not hearing it over the engine noise...

Otherwise, if there are music in your music folder and you select it in GT, then there's no reason for it not to work.

I rip all my music on the PS3 using ATRAC... figured Sony would support thier own formats, but Wipeout HD for example only supports MP3 :(

Can anyone confirm or deny ATRAC support for GT PSP?

Set your BGM volume to 100, the default is quite low... so maybe you're not hearing it over the engine noise...

Otherwise, if there are music in your music folder and you select it in GT, then there's no reason for it not to work.

I've put User BGM volume and Race BGM volume to 100. The sound setting that I have are:

Menu BGM - 100
Menu SE - 100

Race BGM - 100
Race SE - OFF

Replay BGM - 100
Replay SE - OFF

User BGM Volume - 100
Select User BGM - MUSIC Directory

Dynamic Range - Normal
Speaker Equaliser - 70

Back